Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Look Into My Eyes?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 7.

It still felt busy with all of the characters, but I liked what they did with The Mad Hatter. I thought hypnotism was a good way for him to test the waters. I didn't care for the Alice bit, but: Something tells me she's NOT his sister... I do wonder if Tetch is really Tetch, though. Is it really him or just another "persona" implanted by Strange that was hinted at during the Indian Hill storyline?

The scenes where Bruce interacted with his doppelganger were good. To me, it looked like he was able to manifest powers through touch, but knowing Strange, there's a lot more he can do. I thought his impersonation of Bruce was really creepy.

I couldn't care less about Lee, but her fiance being Falcone's son was a surprise! It still felt too soap opera for me, though. I wish they'd just put Gordon's love life on the backburner.

I liked the fact that Penguin announced his bid for mayor. It was straight out of Batman Returns. The scene with James was hilarious. Now that Nygma is on his campaign team, he can't lose.

All in all, a good episode. Can't wait for next week!
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Score: 10/10.

Comment

Said it last week, but I wasn't looking forward to Lee returning. And by adding Falcone and his son to the mix, they've made it all the more complicated. I want to believe that Gordon will stay focused on Valerie and her great legs, but I'm worried we are headed for a love triangle or even love square with Jim trying to save Lee from the mobsters.

Other than that, pretty good episode. Penguin's Mayoral crusade looks interesting and Mad Hatter made a good. Can't say I'm too interested in the Bruce double story.

Comment

I was cautiously optimistic going into this episode because Mad Hatter is my favorite villain. I think they did a good job with him so far.

Like Aries83 I think Alice isn't really his sister because in the comics he is obsessed with girls named Alice, I think she is just some girl he was obsessed with and he said it was his sister so Jim would go to find her for him.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          I'm worried we are headed for a love triangle or even love square with Jim trying to save Lee from the mobsters.
          You're probably right. I'm not looking forward to it, either. It's silly that nearly every female on the show is smitten with Gordon. Why can't he just be single for a while? The relationship nonsense just eats screen time.

Originally posted by Halberdier17
          I think she is just some girl he was obsessed with and he said it was his sister so Jim would go to find her for him.
          I agree. Plus, when they reunited, they didn't act much like family... There's also the chance that she's just an element of the persona planted by Strange. If that's the case, he could also be the Impostor Mad Hatter, at least in a way.

Comment

It's possible that Alice is actually his sister, but that he was sexually abusive to her growing up. So because of this she fears him and doesn't really see him in a loving light.
            Yes, that's gross and creepy to think about, I know. but in a way it would probably fit the character, as it's been strongly implied in most stories that he is in fact a sexual predator of young women and girls. And some sexual predators don't think twice about crossing the line when it comes to family.

It's possible that he's an escapee too as well, but I kind of like the idea that he's actually just a normal hypnotist. That somehow makes him far more chilling.

Don't really care for the duplicate Bruce story-line, but I'm sure they're going somewhere with that and that it'll all pay off.
            Also not a fan of the Lee storyline too, because like others I'm so tired of love trangles and the like.

Comment

Thinking about it in season 2 Hugo Strange implanted false memories into a patient using the book Alice in Wonderland.

We thought that was supposed to be a reference to the Mad Hatter but what if it was foreshadowing Alice, Jervis Tetch's sister. He mentioned that she was a patient at Indian Hill.

Comment

I know. You guys are going to think that I'm a compulsive liar. I watched another episode as it aired. Oops! I thought it was alright. It's seems too easy for Mad Hatter to hypnotize someone. Didn't care much for Bruce doppelganger storyline either. Always love the Penguin and Riddler stuff. Gordon running into Lee's doctor fiancée at the hospital after a beating seemed a bit convenient. It's only typical who's son he is.

Comment

Mad Hatter was alright. I guess the ship has sailed (a while ago, I know) on every single Batman villain appearing in some form while Bruce is still a teenager, much like Smallville. When will we see teenage Harleen Quinzel? What's Ra's al Ghul up to these days?

I don't understand how people write these love triangle stories and think they're good. Can we just not? Lee has been mired in romantic subplots almost since day one.

Bruce is probably the character I'm most interested in at this point, but the doppelganger thing seems like it's been done a lot. I hope it does more for the plot than simply drive a wedge between Bruce and Selina.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎