Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Gotham season premiere?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Gotham season premiere?

What did you think?
    10 - Mad as hell and I loved every second of it
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad City is more like it
    0%

Well, I gave it a 7.

For me, it felt a bit too jumbled and busy.

Personally, I think there are too many characters at play right now. I wouldn't mind seeing a few take a back seat if it would help focus the story.

With that said, I liked the fact that they made Gordon a bounty hunter. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I really liked his scenes with Valerie, and I thought they had really good chemistry. I thought the actress playing Vale did a good job given the small amount of screen time.

The only scene I liked with Penguin was the one with Nygma. I'm sure the Nygmobblepot fans loved it

I thought Barbara was better utilized this time around, but having her front a nightclub seemed repetitive. She's more bat**** crazy than ever, that's for sure!

As for Bruce, I was happy to see some follow-up with the WE conspiracy storyline, even if it was short-lived (since he and Alfred were kidnapped). I was amused at how clueless his twin/clone was. Hopefully, he and Bruce can form some sort of brotherly connection before the Owls swoop in and brainwash him to hate Bruce, which is what I think may happen in the future.

My biggest complaint has to do with the "monsters." As much as I LOVED seeing Fish Mooney in charge of her own gang again, I was annoyed when Peabody revealed that they were all losing their powers as they used them. What was the point of the Indian Hill storyline then? If they're losing their powers, are they truly monsters? Better yet, are any of them actual versions of comic book counterparts or just more imitations?

Oh, and: WTF happened to Basil Karlo? There was no follow-up with that.

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good. I think they just need to scale the scope of the story back a little bit and it'll be fine.

It's good to have the show back, though!

Comment

My video review. Warning: there is some cussing in it. So if cussing offends....

@Aries83: My understanding was that its just Fish who is losing her powers.

10/10.

Comment

Ok, I guess. One thing I've come to find out about Gotham is that it takes a run of episodes until the storylines fall into place. Not a big fan of the monsters arc, but for me the real key in all this is how Gordon is written. IMO they might have gone a bit overboard with how much the Lee affected him. On a positive note, Valerie seems like a promising addition and as someone who will be a better foil for Gordon compared to Lee or Barbara.

Speaking of, I like what they are doing with Barbara and Tabitha. Hopefully they won't abandon it after a few weeks, which seems to be common practice with Barbara's storylines.
        Last edited by costas22; 09-20-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz

@Aries83: My understanding was that its just Fish who is losing her powers.
          I guess what I was getting at was that if one human subject (like Fish) is being weakened every time her power is used, then all human subjects of Strange with abilities would be in the same boat.

Personally, I don't really care about the rest of the "monsters," I care about Fish. It would be stupid and repetitive to resurrect her only to kill her off again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            I guess what I was getting at was that if one human subject (like Fish) is being weakened every time her power is used, then all human subjects of Strange with abilities would be in the same boat.

Personally, I don't really care about the rest of the "monsters," I care about Fish. It would be stupid and repetitive to resurrect her only to kill her off again.
            As I understood it, the reason she was having problems was because of the specific gene splicing done with her, that allows her that ability. But I could be wrong.

True enough. But I suspect that she will find a cure and be a threat for at least the rest of Season 3. I think this first half has had two subtitles: Mad City and Fall of the Heroes.

Comment

This is the first time that I've watched an episode of this as it aired for the first time. It was OK. Too many storylines going on at once as one poster noted above. The Penguin scenes are usually the best in the show. This will probably be the last time I watch a show in this format until The Walking Dead. I prefer to marathon through seasons without commercials.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎