No announcement yet.

Organic evolution - you have failed this city vs you have failed this omelette

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
    I understand where most here are coming from but BkWurm1 is totally correct. I've complained about Oliver's throwing in the towel time and time again back during season 3 I believe (or was it the start of season 4?). Oliver Queen in the comics might want to save his city at all costs, doing whatever is necessary, and fighting for the little guy but Arrow isn't. They paid homage to the character and laid the ground work to go that way but obviously decided to conciously ignore it. Either they're teasing fans with it now or have decided by making that relatively minor course correction they'll win some viewers back.

Season 1 he runs off thinking he's a failure, Season 2 he's willing to run off with Sara and Season 3 he runs off with Felicity. His helping the little man in Season 1 seemed more reluctant than anything to me and was taken up more by Roy and Sara in Season 2 before being dropped until Laurel took on the BC persona. Arrow's Oliver Queen doesn't portrait the the traits his fans would like him to portrait.
    I think it was more of the start of season 4

Um, when did he want to run off with Sara in season 2? Because I don't recall that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
      I think it was more of the start of season 4

Um, when did he want to run off with Sara in season 2? Because I don't recall that happening.
      There was talk between Oliver and Sara just before Sara dumped him and went back to the LoA to enlist their help against Slade Wilson. Oliver resigned being able to live a normal life and wanted a life with Sara who was talking about leaving in order to protect her father and sister.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
        There was talk between Oliver and Sara just before Sara dumped him and went back to the LoA to enlist their help against Slade Wilson. Oliver resigned being able to live a normal life and wanted a life with Sara who was talking about leaving in order to protect her father and sister.
        Just went and double checked the Seeing Red episode myself.

The only talk their was Oliver asking Sara to move in with him and that's it. No plans about ending their vigilante lifestyle or running away.

Comment

He did offer to move away with McKenna in season 1 when she got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
            He did offer to move away with McKenna in season 1 when she got hurt.
            Yeah, Oliver did. I forget about that one all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
              Just went and double checked the Seeing Red episode myself.

The only talk their was Oliver asking Sara to move in with him and that's it. No plans about ending their vigilante lifestyle or running away.
              The point with Sara was he didn't have to give up his mask, he was getting into a relationship with another mask because he couldn't live a normal life. Memory I guess is going fuzzy, I know there wasn't specific talk about running off together but I was sure Sara mentioned wanting to leave because the LoA had found her again and Oliver knowing this before suggesting they move in together. He would have to compromise with Sara to either run away together or wage an all out war with the LoA, either way that isn't protecting the city, it's actually putting it in more danger.

Staying to fight (the LoA) was out of the question for Sara, not because she couldn't win, she was suicidal enough to accept that, but rather to protect Quentin and Laurel.
              Last edited by DoubleDevil; 09-24-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Um, Sara and Oliver weren't together when she was running from the LoA. That storyline tied up in the same episode they got back together (2x13).

You're probably thinking of 2x05, where Quentin was trying to convince Sara to stay, but both she and Oliver/The Arrow felt she needed to go in order to keep her family safe until the problems with the League were dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎