Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inconisent eye colors in the Alien storyline--Just a minor peeve with the comic.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconisent eye colors in the Alien storyline--Just a minor peeve with the comic.

I know this is super-nitpicky of me, but is anybody else kind of annoyed that Lex from Smallville: Alien looks nothing like Micheal Rosebaum half the time and that his eye colors seem to be wildly inconsistent depending on the artist and the comic issues??

In Smallville tv show, Lex has steel grey eyes that looks blue sometimes in certain lighting, has something of a slender face.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael-Rosenbaum-Guardians-Of-The-Galaxy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	6628864

But the Smallville: Alien version looks more like the Lex Luthor from the Nu-52 comics, especially in the Smallville: Alien story series. Green eyes, thicker eyebrows, a slightly wider face, etc. But then there are the few Smallville issues where they do get his eyebrows and eye color right... before changing it back to green in the next issue.

I'm currently reading the Alien storyline right now, and it was something I noticed. The early smallville comics were really good about keeping the likeness of the actors from Smallville. So I guess they hired an artist that was more used to drawing the NU-52 version of Lex.

As a matter of fact, Clark doesn't look like Tom welling neither.

I don't think they had the likeness rights for the actors so sadly they had to improvise

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      I don't think they had the likeness rights for the actors so sadly they had to improvise
      Which is a shame because half the time I don't even feel like I'm reading a smallville story, just a regular superman story.

The weird thing about all of this is that Chloe Sullivan and Lois Lane at least manages to look like their Smallville counterparts even if their faces aren't a exact copy of the actors.

I wonder why it's easier to project Chloe Sullivan and Lois Lane on their Smallville comic book counterparts than it is with Clark Kent and Lex Luthor.

Clark Kent and Lex Luthor's faces change so much every issue that it's distracting, but Chloe Sullvian and Lois lane's faces remain consistent most of the time. I guess that's why it feels so distracting to me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎