Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is there any chance that this show won't go down the familiar route of that the other Berlanti/CW/DC shows have? I don't know much about Black Lightning, but I'd be willing to give the show a try if it's actually something different compared to Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and LoT.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Is there any chance that this show won't go down the familiar route of that the other Berlanti/CW/DC shows have? I don't know much about Black Lightning, but I'd be willing to give the show a try if it's actually something different compared to Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and LoT.
    Probably not.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I'll give it a shot, but i don't know how long i'll stick with it if it's one of those crime noir shows.
    Last edited by protege; 05-18-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Forum Regular
    Trailer's out; looks good from what i can see; i like the costume. Just not sure how long i'll stick with it if it's going to be structly a crime noir type seties.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    The neon color lighting streaks on the costume looks cheap; like something from the 90s

Yeah, I don't like the neon on the front. But the rest looks pretty good. Seems pretty no-nonsense.

I love the story premise and I'm all for it 100%. A retired hero being forced to come out of retirement, and then finding out that his children inherited his abilities? That's a set of problems and plot that hasn't been done on the other shows so far. And a real family of superheroes? Yes, please.

I know the Flash technically has a family of heroes, but in the flash's case it's a little bit different as seeing they're not exactly related to each other.

However I agree that the glowing bits seem a little silly. The arrow and the Flash's outfits seem far more practical and sensible in comparison...at least they'll be able to sneak around in the dark and you won't see them coming... unlike black lighting. lol.
    It also makes me wonder if we'll see other black heroes cameo on the show too in later seasons. Vixen, Static Shock, Black Vulcan, etc. On one hand it could be really great... but then again it could face the same problems the Flash had, of there being way too many speedsters on the show.

Former Dexter star James Remar and Criminal Minds alum Damon Gupton have signed on as series regulars.

deadline.com/2017/07/black-lightning-casts-james-remar-damon-gupton-series-regulars-comic-con-1202133950/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12