Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westworld (HBO)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got to binge watch this show recently and I was blown away by it. As good a tv show as I've watched in recent years. It's fitting that the major storyline revolves around a maze because that's what Westworld feels like as the episodes go on. And by the end of the season it is a bit challenging to keep up (those Nolans love their non-linear storytelling!). Once the identity of the man in black is revealed, it makes you look at the entire season through new eyes. And while there were a couple of unexpected twists before that (Bernand being a host, for example), the revelation about William made my jaw drop. It's not just the shocking realization of what William became. It's the realization of how tragic Dolores' existence has been: Being trapped in 30 year loop where each time she hopes in vain to escape her fake reality.

The story aside, this show also features a terrific cast with Hopkins, Harris and Wright knocking it out of the park every scene they are in. Can't wait for season 2.

Comment

Comment

Doesn't look like anything to me...

Comment

This is...I don't know what the hell this is...sounds like a terrible idea.

Comment

I’m very much in the minority but, I wouldn’t be upset to know what’s to come in the season. Spoilers don’t necessarily give beat for beat descriptions on how a story goes and a lot of times they come off vague. I personally don’t seek out spoilers but, if I do know something’s going to happen than it excites me more than ruins the experience.

Comment

Don't know. I watched Season 1 within a week and without reading any spoilers or speculation and I loved the twists and turns. Can't imagine enjoying it just as much had I known the truth about Bernard or The Man in Black's identity.

What Nolan probably doesn't realise is that there's still going to be speculation by the fans who choose not to watch the spoiler video. All this video will accomplish is enable party poopers to spoil the show on social media platforms, message boards and whatnot.

Comment

70-minutes S2 premiere tomorrow @ 9pm

Comment

I don't know what to say. They set up all kinds of intriguing storylines and now it's just a case of seeing them unfold. Very good premiere. Special mention to Evan Rachel Wood. While everyone's acting on the show is usually on point, I thought she was terrific in how she blended the personalities of Wyatt and Dolores.

Comment

It’s already been renewed for S3

http://tvline.com/2018/05/01/westwor...-season-3-hbo/

Comment

Shocking.

It's great news obviously and hopefully the show will keep going from strength to strength. It's just unfortunate that Jonah won't work together with his brother anytime soon. IMO Christopher's best movies are the ones they have done together.

Comment

Realized that I was running extremely low on current TV shows that I watch (some are being cancelled and a few others I'm unsure about continuing to watch), so I decided to give this one a shot and have bingewatched the first season (apart from the season finale, which I'm saving for tomorrow morning, along with the released episodes of S2). Wish I had gotten into this show earlier. I was reluctant for the longest time, as I had seen the movie years back and thought the premise was a bit weak. I must say, the TV show is a huge improvement. Their park includes multiple narratives (whereas the park in the film, as I recall it, only offered guests to shoot robots and have sex with robots), so I could see a larger appeal to the public. There is also an element of mystery, in that you go in thinking someone is human, but then they're revealed to be a robot. Leaving you wondering who else might be a robot.

Comment

So, I caught up on the S1 finale and the next three episodes. Really liked the finale. Wasn't expecting the twist with the man in black.

As for the episode "Virtu e Fortuna", it's nice that we're starting to see other parts of this park. Looking forward to seeing that explored further. Also curious to find out more about this new character. Saw someone speculate that she might be the daughter of the man in black. Though, I could see her be revealed to be a robot. [SPOILER]Notice how we only saw the guy get shot, when they were testing to see if they were both human.[/SPOILER]

Was surprised to see [SPOILER]Charlotte in "present day".[/SPOILER] I figured that [SPOILER]Bernard had killed her, as she wasn't with him, when he was discovered in the season premiere.[/SPOILER]

Comment

The MIB twist, for me, was right up there with the Darth Vader reveal. If you binge watch the show and don't have time to speculate, it really catches you off guard and messes with your mind. And credit to the writers. They actually hinted at the reveal over the course of S1, but never made it too obvious.

I like the introduction of the new worlds in S2 and Grace appears to be an important component of this season (whether she's a host or guest). But the most intriguing storyline for me is finding out more about Delos' plans for the park and discovering what that weapon in the Valley Beyond is all about. Hope we get more flashbacks of young William and Logan.

Comment

Nice to see them exploring applications of the robots, outside of amusement park attractions. Will be interesting to see [SPOILER]who the other human host is.[/SPOILER] My first suspect would be [SPOILER]Elsie. Who, just happened to be outside of the lab, after seemingly being killed last season.[/SPOILER] It could be [SPOILER]William's daughter, as part of Ford's game.[/SPOILER] Or we'll discover that [SPOILER]William actually died last season and the one we see in this season is actually a robot.[/SPOILER]

Comment

It was the best episode of the season, IMO. Even without Dolores involved. My money on the other human that Ford had Bernard build is Emily too. Something felt off about her last week. And the way she just pops up in the end is suspicious. Especially after Ford-through-Lawrence's-daughter has just warned William not to go forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎