Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone reading Rebirth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I recall, yes. I'm not sure if he moved there or just started there. I want to say Mike Grell's run had him in Seattle, so there would be precedent. I haven't read it yet, though.

Comment

Grell did have Oliver in Seattle back during his '80s run. Longbow Hunters should be required reading if anyone is even a casual GA fan -- considering its DNA is all over S1 Arrow and Grell even worked on vol 1 of the Arrow comics tie-ins.

Rebirth GA was okay and, unlike the New 52 era, Oliver and Dinah are set up to be an item practically from the start.

I really liked Rebirth Hal Jordan and the GL Corps. Highly recommended. As a Batfan, I tend to favour Rebirth Detective Comics vol. 1 over Batman, but they are both pretty good reads.

I'll probably check out Superman and Flash next.

Comment

Howdy all! So I'm now current on my Rebirth/Reborn runs, and I must say, I was impressed.

[SPOILER] I'm happy to see Superman back. Not the attempt to modernize him, ala New 52, not some oddly out of place alien alone amongst us, but Superman. The true love of Lois Lane, and now a father to boot. This run solidified for me the belief I've had that heroes can and should evolve in their relationships. I liked a Spider-Man married to MJ. I like Clark Kent and Lois Lane together. The chase can be great, and have good stories, but you have to see some payoff somewhere. Otherwise it leads to mopey stalker-man, and not Superman or Spider-Man. It's also something that serves to ground the heroes. Kingdom Come was a great story of what happens to a Superman that loses that person in his life. I'm very much looking forward to this new Superman, who has elements of New 52 Clark in him, as well as everything that worked before. Now I'm just waiting to see how this whole Mr Oz bit plays out, and what all the Watchmen references all come back to. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am aware of Longbow Hunters since Oliver appeared on Smallville. I know they didn't go that route really on there but people talked about it at the time and the Oliver Queen Chronicles seemed to be partially inspired by it.

Green Arrow is okay so far but I did enjoy the Superman stuff the most so far.

Comment

I have seen the previews of the end of Superman Rebirth but I am still eager to see what comes in between. Wondering how the the [SPOILER]Two Wally Wests[/SPOILER] play out in the end for Flash Rebirth. I haven't seen the previews for the end of that.

Comment

Similar to Young Animal and recently Wildstorm DC will launch a new line of comics called Dark Matter. It will launch after Dark Days in June and July and Dark Nights: Metal which launches in August.

Live from C2E2, DC Comics have announced a brand new line and marketing push.  Dubbed Dark Matter, the line will see five brand new series spin out of Scott Snyder and Greg Cappulo’s upcoming…

Here are the books in that line:

• Sideways, about a teleporting teen; written by Dan DiDio and Justin Jordan and illustrated by Kenneth Rocafort
              • The Silencer, about a former assassin who has to return to her old ways to protect her family; written by Dan Abnett and illustrated by John Romita, Jr.
              • Immortal Men, focusing on a group of five immortal siblings who try to prevent Armageddon; written by James Tynion IV and illustrated by Jim Lee
              • Damage, featuring an army recruit who gains the ability to unleash a monster for a short period of time; written by Robert Venditti and illustrated by Tony S. Daniel
              • New Challengers, a new take on Challengers of the Unknown; written by Scott Snyder and illustrated by Andy Kubert

Comment

Cool. Is All-Star Batman part of Rebirth or is it an elseworlds? I have read most of people's suggestions, volume 1 of the rebirth's suggested anyways. Currently reading Cyborg because I read that it was written by someone who worked on Spider-Man the Animated Series. Seems pretty good. Also need to read volume 2 of Superman. Don't think most of the other volume 2s are available yet for hoopla.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  Cool. Is All-Star Batman part of Rebirth or is it an elseworlds? I have read most of people's suggestions, volume 1 of the rebirth's suggested anyways. Currently reading Cyborg because I read that it was written by someone who worked on Spider-Man the Animated Series. Seems pretty good. Also need to read volume 2 of Superman. Don't think most of the other volume 2s are available yet for hoopla.
                  the All Star lineup is an "Elseworlds". DC stopped labeling them as such. The All Star line is supposed to be a slightly grittier, differing take on the heroes we all know and love.

Comment

Growing Editorial Slate to Add New Genres and Build on Recent Publishing Successes Including DC Universe Rebirth and DC Young Animal

DC has new lead editors and is launching a Young Reader's imprint in 2018.

Comment

Dick Grayson is a bastion of nobility and goodness in the DC Universe.  I like to think of him as the perfect balance of Superman and Batman’s best qualities: he has the human attainability o…

New Nightwing miniseries announced.

NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER is the story of a future world without “weapons”—where superpowers have been eliminated and outlawed. The man responsible? None other than Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Nightwing, now leader of a government task force called the Crusaders who are charged with hunting the remaining Supers. But when events transpire which turn the Crusaders’ aim toward Grayson’s own family, the former Boy Wonder must turn against the very system he helped create, with help from the very people he’s been hunting for years—the last metahumans of the DC Universe.
                      The writer confirmed it is non-canon.
                      Last edited by Halberdier17; 05-09-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The BOP Rebirth Vol. 1 was a pretty good read. For longtime fans of the Birds, it may seem repetitive to see Babs, Dinah and Helena join up for first time (again) but it's still a fun read. The banter between them is a definite highlight. And if you're not familiar with BOP, it's a decent introduction.

Batgirl Vol 1. was also a good read too, with the plus that she's on an overseas adventure.

Comment

Batgirl Vol 1. was also a good read too, with the plus that she's on an overseas adventure.
                          I need to pick up that book I read the first issue but I had so many other books to get that week I had to stop reading it.

Though the artist for Vol. 1 is currently my favorite artist I always get his variant covers for Detective Comics and I want to read American Vampire because his art is so good.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how Green Lanterns, Justice League and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp flow in terms of the timeline? Is Hal Jordan after Green Lanterns and Justice League? JL volume 1 seems to make reference to the red lantern crisis in Green Lanterns Vol 1, so I figured those two were running in tandem.

Comment

I think Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps runs concurrently but since it takes place completely in space it doesn't really matter what order you read them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                                Can anyone tell me how Green Lanterns, Justice League and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp flow in terms of the timeline? Is Hal Jordan after Green Lanterns and Justice League? JL volume 1 seems to make reference to the red lantern crisis in Green Lanterns Vol 1, so I figured those two were running in tandem.
                                DC for the most part got away with trying to explain any kind of timeline on their books, beyond a vague, they happened. Once you start crossing titles, like Green Lantern and Justice League, you've got no hope of nailing one down. They tend to write them as if you don't/won't read the main characters individual titles, so timelines, unless it's a large story crossing into multiple titles, is just assumed to happen at sometime, your choice kind of when. It can make for a headache. Once in awhile a writer will toss in a reference in, say, Justice League, to a Green Lantern event, and then at least you can say it happened after that arc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎