Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone reading Rebirth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GL/JL timeline wasn't straight in the New 52. Hal left the League and ended up going through crisis after crisis in space. At one point, he negotiated to give the Red Lanterns (led by Guy) their own sector in return for helping him defeat Relic. Guy chose 2814, and no Green Lantern except Simon Baz was allowed to patrol there, with Simon only allowed on Earth. Combine this with the fact that Hal became a renegade against the Corps for the last year of the New 52 and the fact that the Corps disappeared completely, and you're left puzzled as to how and why Hal and the Corps showed up for the Darkseid War. Geoff Johns also clearly didn't read the GL title, because he referenced the Corps being on Oa, and Oa was blown up around issue 24 or so. I think he also made another odd reference to the New Gods story, but I've forgotten.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah I mean the Superman titles and vaguely Justice League seem to be happening around the same time. In one Green Lantern title, you have the two latest recruits on Earth with everyone else not giving them much respect, but they had Hal Jordan's blessing. In the other title, all the green lanterns except for Hal are initially in deep space with OA taken over by yellow lanterns with the new recruits among them. So it's kind of confusing
      Last edited by Vergon6; 06-04-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
        The GL/JL timeline wasn't straight in the New 52. Hal left the League and ended up going through crisis after crisis in space. At one point, he negotiated to give the Red Lanterns (led by Guy) their own sector in return for helping him defeat Relic. Guy chose 2814, and no Green Lantern except Simon Baz was allowed to patrol there, with Simon only allowed on Earth. Combine this with the fact that Hal became a renegade against the Corps for the last year of the New 52 and the fact that the Corps disappeared completely, and you're left puzzled as to how and why Hal and the Corps showed up for the Darkseid War. Geoff Johns also clearly didn't read the GL title, because he referenced the Corps being on Oa, and Oa was blown up around issue 24 or so. I think he also made another odd reference to the New Gods story, but I've forgotten.
        that sounds confusing. I guess they don't really care what's happening in the other titles. Things probably will even be more confusing now, with Rebirth sort one of merging continuities.the stuff I have read in Green Lantern doesn't seem to reference Rebirth at all so far. Granted hoopla is probably far behind. Detective Comics has hinted at it while Superman and Flash are more direct.

not sure if I should even try matching up where Green Arrow and Birds of Prey fall with each other at this point lol
        Last edited by Vergon6; 06-04-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

What makes things disjointed is not everything is posted at the same time. For example there isn't a volume 2 of titans or Hal Jordan posted on hoopla yet but flash, superman, detective comics, green Lanterns, etc do have volume 2.

Comment

I just checked, and Hal Jordan is there now. I posted this link a while back, but it's a helpful guide to when trades will be released. Again, they're Amazon dates, so they ought to be on hoopla a week or so earlier. Titans is a monthly title, so its releases will be much slower. As you can see, the next volume won't be until September. I think they rushed the first volume's release so they could trot out the Wally West book alongside the other major volume ones. The trend seems to be to wait about six months after the last issue included in the trade to release the trade, and that one was only three months.

Comment

DC announced 7 One Shots to go with Dark Nights: Metal

The titles are:

• Batman: The Red Death #1 by Joshua Williamson and Carmine Di Giandomenico (September 20th)
              • Batman: The Murder Machine #1 by Frank Tieri and Ricardo Federici (September 27th)
              • Batman: The Dawnbreaker #1 by Sam Humphries and Ethan Van Sciver (October 4th)
              • Batman: The Drowned #1 by Dan Abnett and Philip Tan (October 18th)
              • Batman: The Merciless #1 by Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul (October 25th)
              • Batman: The Devastator #1 (November 1st)
              • The Batman Who Laughs #1 (November 15th)

DC also announced a crossover between Teen Titans, Nightwing, and Suicide Squad titled "Gotham Resistance"

It will be contained in Teen Titans #12, Nightwing #29, and Suicide Squad #26.

Comment

DC announced Batman: The Dark Prince Charming a two part Graphic Novel from European comic creator, Enrico Marini.

You think you know Gotham and its most famous resident. You may even think you know his adversaries and allies. Well, this fall, forget all that you know as we present a new vision of Gotham, care of master comic book creator Enrico Marini.

Book One will be on November 1, 2017. Book Two will be in Spring 2018.

Comment

I enjoyed the Vol. 1's of Suicide Squad, Teen Titans and Green Lanterns (the newbies Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz).

Teen Titans was probably heavy on Damian Wayne's presence, compared to the rest of the team. As a Batfan, I like him but I understand that he is an acquired taste for some.

Suicide Squad was much better than I had expected.

As for Green Lanterns, I knew next to nothing about the new Lanterns outside of their JL appearances, but now I'm really interested in following them.

Comment

Dark Nights Metal has been great so far.

There has been some changes to the writers of certain books.

Wonder Woman had three writers since Rebirth started: Greg Rucka (1-25), Shea Fontana(26-30), and now James Robinson (31-N/A).
                    Starting in December with Issue #35 Nightwing will no longer be written by Tim Seeley it will now be written by Sam Humphries (Green Lanterns)
                    Starting with issue #33 in October Green Lanterns will no longer be written by Sam Humphries it will now be written by Tim Seeley (Nightwing)
                    Starting with issue #34 in December Justice League will no longer be written by Bryan Hitch it will now be written by Christopher Priest (Deathstroke)

Comment

Starting in December DC will stop using the "Rebirth" banner at the top of the cover and will now have a Corner Box.

Comment

DC to commemorate the 1000th Issue of Action Comics with Star Studded Celebration in 2018.

During DC’s kick off “Meet the Publishers” panel at New York Comic Con today, Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee announced there will be a star-studded celebration to commemorate the 1000th issue of ACTION COMICS, the longest running and first-ever superhero comic to reach 1000! The Publishers also revealed a new commemorative logo for the celebration.

In March 2018, DC will publish several special titles to honor the milestone:

New hardcover book: Join us for an 80th anniversary celebration of the single most important comic in American history: ACTION COMICS #1 and the birth of Superman. Revisit classic stories from over the decades featuring the debuts of Superman, Supergirl, Brainiac, the Fortress of Solitude, the Human Target and so much more. Read Superman stories by generations of top writers and artists and enjoy sparkling essays from literary wizards who've won Pulitzers and become bestsellers, including Jules Feiffer. Plus a historical essay by guest editor Paul Levitz, and all 1000 ACTION covers collected in a new poster. And as a bonus, an UNPUBLISHED 1940s Superman tale believed to be by Jerry Siegel and the Joe Shuster studio salvaged from the DC files fifty years ago and hidden away until now.

ACTION COMICS #1000, written by Pete Tomasi and Dan Jurgens, will be published as a special, oversized edition featuring an all-star talent line-up writing back-up stories, including a story co-written by Geoff Johns and Superman film director, Richard Donner.

About ACTION COMICS 1000
                        In 1938, two kids from Cleveland, Ohio - Joe Shushter and Jerry Siegel - created a character they thought would represent the best of humanity in a troubled time with few beacons of hope for the future. That character went on to become one of the brightest and most well-known creations in all of pop culture: Superman. And it all began in ACTION COMICS. DC is proud to celebrate the 1000th edition of this seminal title that created the entire superhero genre - bringing joy, hope and inspiration to Superman fans around the world for 80 years.

Comment

This YouTube channel is cool. He works for DC as an artist. It called ComicArtistPro Secrets it is the YouTube channel of artist Ethan van Sciver.

He has tutorials on how to draw. He has drawn three characters on his channel so far: Batman: The Dawnbreaker, the Joker, and the Flash.

He also provides commentary on the books that he's been an artist on. His latest commentary is Batman: The Dawnbreaker.

Comment

I'm liking most of the rebirth titles so far that I have read but it seems most of the ones that are posted haven't reached the point where Superman/Action Comics. Overall, one of my surprise favorites has been Nightwing with Volume 2 being my favorite of the first 3 volumes.

For titles like Batgirl and Birds of Prey, I haven't seen a Volume in a while.

Someone recommended Mr. Miracle to me but if it's part of Rebirth, I haven't seen it posted on Hoopla yet.

Comment

Mister Miracle just started in August, so it'll be a while. That said, a trade collecting Jack Kirby's Mister Miracle (from the 1970s) just came out and is on Hoopla.

Comment

Did anyone else read Superman: Reborn yet? Not bad and it answers a lot of questions and gives a good conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎