Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Al & Miles disrespect Clark Kent?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Al & Miles disrespect Clark Kent?

It's bad enough that the writers wrote Lana Lang very badly and made her out to be eye candy for every guy to fall in love with her. I swear they put Lana Lang up on a pedestal and not change anything about her character or character development let alone not give her any personality, She doesn't need new wardrobe, she needs a personality. Do they have to write Clark Kent just as bad as Lana? why do they disrespect Clark Kent so much? I don't understand, why don't they not like Clark Kent? I want to understand I am both confused and curious about this. Writers shouldn't be writing characters they disrespect or dislike, so why did they write Clark Kent? if they dislike him so much? I don't get it. can some one help me understand this please. because I'm so totally lost.

To me, this chalks down to the main character being handed the idiot ball for the sake of plot. The character has to act like an idiot to advance the plot, drama, etc even at the cost of his own character development.

Just like how Lana had to have a new boyfriend every season that wasn't Clark in order to give us a excuse for why she wasn't dating Clark even though she obviously did have a thing for him.

Basically, it was just bad writing all around. The worse part is that we see so much potential in those stories, and think that there's some good mixed in along with the bad.... so we put up with it. I do wonder sometimes how different smallville would had been if AL and Miles weren't in charge of it.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎