Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New teaser it will premiere on October 27th.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's great. I enjoyed watching all of it on Netflix.

Comment

Less than 2 weeks until the premiere! Can't wait. I hope it's good like the first season.

Comment

Season 2 Premieres Friday!!!

Comment

Can't wait. Rewatched season 1 this week and I can't verbalize how great this show is.

Comment

Just heard Netflix is planning an aftershow for Stranger Things. It will launch with season 2 and be called Beyond Stranger Things hosted by comedian Jim Rash. Cast members like Sean Astin will appear.

Comment

All in all, it was a very enjoyable season. Not on par with season 1, but a lot of the elements that worked for the show are still there: The 80s atmosphere, the strong acting (David Harbour outshines Winona this time and the kids are even better this year - especially the one who plays Will), the music...

At the same time, it has a couple of issues that take it below season 1 a notch: The majority of the new characters offer nothing IMO (I did love Billy as a hilarious walking 80s stereotype), the season moves along too slowly during the first 5 episodes and at times it felt like the show paid an homage to 80s shows and movies instead of the 1980 decade itself. Of course that may have been the writers' intention.

If season 1 had a 9/10, this one gets 8/10 from me.
                    Last edited by costas22; 10-27-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Just started on ep 2. It's already good so far for me.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                        All in all, it was a very enjoyable season. Not on par with season 1, but a lot of the elements that worked for the show are still there: The 80s atmosphere, the strong acting (David Harbour outshines Winona this time and the kids are even better this year - especially the one who plays Will), the music...

At the same time, it has a couple of issues that take it below season 1 a notch: The majority of the new characters offer nothing IMO (I did love Billy as a hilarious walking 80s stereotype), the season moves along too slowly during the first 5 episodes and at times it felt like the show paid an homage to 80s shows and movies instead of the 1980 decade itself. Of course that may have been the writers' intention.

If season 1 had a 9/10, this one gets 8/10 from me.
                        Overall, I actually enjoyed Season 2 more. I guess because you know more about these characters and what they do has more weight to it. Max as a character has grown on me and there some interesting reversals from Season 1 going on.

I think it was definitely their intent to pay homage to 80s tv shows and movies more than the decade itself. That has its own charm but I could understand how some people might find it too post-modern.

I agree that the pacing was a bit off at times. I think it might serve the show better to have a 13 episode season or something. Although it’s sometimes mentally draining after 8-9 episodes.

Comment

Well, thought I'd leave my own thoughts on Season 2. I did like it but not as much as I enjoyed season 1.

I particularly liked Noah's work as Will Byers. It was great to see how he played the fallout from the time in the Upside Down. Also, loved Will and Mike bonding (the two most changed by their experiences).

Jonathan and Nancy felt fairly superfluous in this season. Yes, they got "Justice for Barb" (though that felt a bit hollow, IMO). But mostly they were just there to keep the love triangle going.

Steve Harrrington, who I had rather come to like by the end of Season 1, seems to have become nearly everyone's fave (Dad/Mom) in 2. I did love his interactions with the kids, especially Dustin.

The new characters of Max and Billy didn't add a lot, I thought.

Eleven's story was kind of interesting until it derailed in episode 7 (most fans seem to agree that was not a good episode. I know I didn't enjoy it.).

I loved Episode 8, however. That was fantastic!

Also, while everyone else seems devastated by Bob's death, I felt it was kinda meh. I mean, mostly because I had a really strong feeling that Bob wasn't going to last long.

One last thing--I get that Mike went through a lot but I rather disliked his character for a lot of Season 2 (except, mostly, when he was with Will).

Comment

Please be aware that are minor spoilers if you click the link!

ST has been (finally!) given a season 3 renewal. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the wait begins.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/01/strange...x-return-date/

Comment

Comment

Looks like poor Steve is in for a rough summer!

I fear that Mike is talking to Will (with his bit about "we're not kids anymore") and that is what makes Will cry. I hope not, cause that would break my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎