Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    103

    new lucifer for season 12

    Uh, I don't know if I'm ok with this. Rick Springfield will play Lucifer in season 12. My boy Mark is onto bigger and better things http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rick...er-1201821842/

  2. #2
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,137
    Rick, apparently, is going to be one of the many meatsuits that Lucifer will be wearing this season. TPTB said that Luci is going to be jumping around (since he burns out vessels quickly--unless it's Sam Winchester, I suppose) a lot. I'm not sure how many episodes he'll be wearing the Rick Springfield body for, I haven't seen anything one way or another.

  3. #3
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Rick, apparently, is going to be one of the many meatsuits that Lucifer will be wearing this season. TPTB said that Luci is going to be jumping around (since he burns out vessels quickly--unless it's Sam Winchester, I suppose) a lot. I'm not sure how many episodes he'll be wearing the Rick Springfield body for, I haven't seen anything one way or another.
    Well I'm surprised that he ain't dead. Amara killed everyone else in that "skirmish" with the witches/demons except for Crowly (somehow, they never did bother showing how he escaped did they?) and Lucifer. That tells me that most likely they are saving Lucifer as a character arc for yet another seasonal big bad story line.

    I hope it's actually an all out civil war for control of hell, Lucifer Vs. Crowly. Now THAT has some awesome potential.

  4. #4
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    103
    Pellegrino is definitely out then, and that makes me sad. Well, fingers crossed for the next season. At least we have a Mary sighting

  5. #5
    Posting Pro SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,399
    I don't think Rowena is dead....I think we have the same cast of characters as last year....Sam and Dean, Cas and Crowley, and Rowena. I believe they are bringing Gavin back as well. Lucifer could very well end up back in Nick at least for some meta-type episodes. Pellegrino is most definitely the ONLY Lucifer for me. I think the show-runners should try to have Mark back here and there just to reinforce the viewers of exactly who each "meat suit" really is....

  6. #6
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,137
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Well I'm surprised that he ain't dead. Amara killed everyone else in that "skirmish" with the witches/demons except for Crowly (somehow, they never did bother showing how he escaped did they?) and Lucifer.
    I was a bit surprised to learn he wasn't dead too. it sure seemed like Amara killed him in the final. Guess not?

  7. #7
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    I was a bit surprised to learn he wasn't dead too. it sure seemed like Amara killed him in the final. Guess not?
    Well, I SUPPOSE Lucifer could've been killed, albeit temporarily. I suppose that since Chuck/god was restored to full power at episode's end, maybe Chuck felt guilty for locking Lucifer up for an eternity and put him back together after he was healed. Don't forget, Chuck did mention that it was possible for him to restore archangels, it would've just taken way too much more power to do so than he had at the time because he was "injured" and losing power. Once Chuck was healed, it probably would've been an easier process to revive archangels.

    Guess it depends on how much/if any explanation we get revealed as to how Lucifer aint dead on screen, maybe we can get a decent monologue from Luci himself of the aftermath of the battle to see what happened.

  8. #8
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,137
    Good points all, TyrantLord. Lucifer could have been killed and Chuck just resurrected him.

  9. #9
    Forum Whiz TheSecretVampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Well I'm surprised that he ain't dead. Amara killed everyone else in that "skirmish" with the witches/demons except for Crowly (somehow, they never did bother showing how he escaped did they?) and Lucifer. That tells me that most likely they are saving Lucifer as a character arc for yet another seasonal big bad story line.

    I hope it's actually an all out civil war for control of hell, Lucifer Vs. Crowly. Now THAT has some awesome potential.

    I just went through season 11 again, this time on DVD and I can clear up some of this...when Crowley did his demon thing against Amara, his body just laid flat on the ground. When it was over, Amara walked by his prone body, same with Rowena as she laid unconscious from her attack. So that's how both of them survived that fight.

  10. #10
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretVampire View Post
    I just went through season 11 again, this time on DVD and I can clear up some of this...when Crowley did his demon thing against Amara, his body just laid flat on the ground. When it was over, Amara walked by his prone body, same with Rowena as she laid unconscious from her attack. So that's how both of them survived that fight.
    Crowly's "body" was fine yes, but Amara shredded all the demons attacking her and Crowly himself was mixed into the bunch. Needless to say the season opener will have some 'splaining to do when it comes around.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •