Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 4 Spoiler thread

Comment

Comment

The Ghost Rider thing--my reaction is a bit 'meh'. I've never been a big fan. I did watch the first Nic Cage movie version, mostly because my sister wanted to see it. I'm just not sure how well they can pull this off on a TV budget.

I'm way more interested in something Clark Gregg said where he said that his first name is now "Agent" again and that he's going to be Mack's new partner, with a new Director of SHIELD. Seeing Phil in the field again sounds like fun.

Comment

From CBR:

Inhumans are no strangers to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As a matter of fact, they've been around for a quite a while now, having been introduced in the second season of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." However, up to this point, the Inhumans that have appeared on the show were created specifically for the series, with the exception of one Miss Daisy Johnson -- but all that's about to change.

"We do have a little more freedom," executive producer Jed Whedon revealed at Comic-Con International in San Diego. "We've told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom. So when we return to focusing on Inhumans, we'll be able to do a little bit more." According to io9, Whedon and Tancharoen specifically mentioned that they will be able to use some of the classic Inhumans moving forward.

It seems neither Whedon nor Tancharoen offered any insight into who these "classic Inhumans" are, but they're likely referring to the Inhuman royal family, who first appeared as a backup story in Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's "Fantastic Four" #45. Though the Inhumans encompasses an entire race of genetically engineered Kree-human hybrids, these stories focused largely on the aforementioned royal family, which includes Black Bolt, the king whose voice could level cities; Medusa, his wife, who possesses prehensile hair; Crystal, her element-controlling sister; Gorgon, a cousin who generates earthquakes with a single stomp; and Karnak, another cousin, who can pinpoint the weakness in anything.
          I really don't want them to focus anymore on Inhumans. We've spent more than enough time on them, as it is.

Comment

The reason they went with the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              I really don't want them to focus anymore on Inhumans. We've spent more than enough time on them, as it is.
              I agree. It almost seems like "The Inhumans" show, at times, rather than about SHIELD.

Comment

Since the Inhumans film has been shelved for the forseeable future they probably got the green light to add more inhuman storylines into the series. Though, if it does get to that point where it's more inhuman then Shield than I'd hope that it would branch off to another spin off series. Which I wouldn't be surprised if it were the plan.

Comment

Jason O'Mara has been cast as the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Comment

Comment

Comment

So I got excited about Ghost Rider, then heard it wasn't Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch, the two I know very well. Who is Robbie Reyes?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Jason O'Mara has been cast as the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
                          I have never seen any of this guys work, that I know of, so he's an unknown quantity to me.

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                          Who is Robbie Reyes
                          I'd never heard of the character either (I'm not much into Ghost Rider, anyway) so I looked him up. And apparently he was given the powers by Johnny Blaze in 2014? So they are going with the 'newest' Ghost Rider, I guess? *shrugs*

Comment

Comment

Parminder Nagra has been cast as an anti-Inhuman politician. Ugh, and here I thought they were giving Inhumans a break. Perhaps the show should just be renamed "Daisy Johnson and the Inhumans".
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 08-12-2016, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎