Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oliver is no God. He will make mistakes, he will overreact and he will get called on it. The problem isn't that someone is calling Oliver on something. It's the dynamic of the scene. When Oliver argued with Diggle or Laurel, the scene actually had the feel of 2 adults with different viewpoints having an arguement. When Felicity argues with Oliver, it's reminiscent of a mother or a headmaster scolding a child. It's one sided and Oliver is ALWAYS the one in the wrong. Look at Felicity's scene with Oliver last night and compare it to Laurel's with Oliver after he told off Curtis. It's night and day.

There's also an arguement to be made about how often other characters stand up to Oliver and how often Felicity does. That's why fans are more sick and tired of the latter and why she's often sarcastically called the true Team Arrow leader.
    Last edited by costas22; 10-13-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Without knowing exactly what went down I'm assuming the citicism Felicity gave was Oliver's method of training and I would say right there are fundamental differences that I would side with Oliver regardless of who voiced the criticism. Sorry but I don't believe in undermining a persons authority as a leader in front of recruits who should be listening to him in order to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleDevil
        Without knowing exactly what went down I'm assuming the citicism Felicity gave was Oliver's method of training and I would say right there are fundamental differences that I would side with Oliver regardless of who voiced the criticism. Sorry but I don't believe in undermining a persons authority as a leader in front of recruits who should be listening to him in order to learn.
        Most of her criticism was in private. While they were in front iof the recruits, she interjected during his speech and ordered him to talk in private. And earlier in the episode she didn't even bother to conceal her identity in front of the recruits like he asked her to.

Mind you, the episode did go out of its way to make sure Oliver was portrayed as the abusive jerk who needed to be put in his place. It was OOC, even for his standards.
        Last edited by costas22; 10-14-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• The problem isn't that someone is calling Oliver on something. It's the dynamic of the scene. When Oliver argued with Diggle or Laurel, the scene actually had the feel of 2 adults with different viewpoints having an arguement. When Felicity argues with Oliver, it's reminiscent of a mother or a headmaster scolding a child. It's one sided and Oliver is ALWAYS the one in the wrong.

There's also an arguement to be made about how often other characters stand up to Oliver and how often Felicity does. That's why fans are more sick and tired of the latter and why she's often sarcastically called the true Team Arrow leader.
          NOD

Comment

• I can see where you're coming from there, that she did undermine him in several ways in the episode. Sadly, we'll probably never see him cuss her out, so to speak, about this. Well, that's what fan fiction is for.

Comment

• So I just found this description for 5x05

DC COMICS’ CHRISTOPHER CHANCE AKA HUMAN TARGET TEAMS UP WITH OLIVER — When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver’s new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance (guest star Wil Traval) AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#505). Original airdate 11/2/2016.

I'm thinking that by "old friend" Oliver runs into Human Target during his time in Russia.

Comment

• Any bets that the recruit is Wild Dog?

We should expect the flashback for that episode to include Mr. Chance.

Let's see how Felicity handles things if her boyfriend gets upset at her for keeping her work as a vigilante (field operative or not, she is still one) from him. Not that we can hope for her to apologize for her craziness with regards to William, cuz she's perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDBentz
                  Any bets that the recruit is Wild Dog?

We should expect the flashback for that episode to include Mr. Chance.

Let's see how Felicity handles things if her boyfriend gets upset at her for keeping her work as a vigilante (field operative or not, she is still one) from him. Not that we can hope for her to apologize for her craziness with regards to William, cuz she's perfect.
                  I'll take that bet of the recruit being Wild Dog

Yep. Which I almost have to wonder if Oliver's brush with Human Target is what convinces him to use his playboy mask when returning to Starling since Oliver in 2x15 told Sara to tell his family that he wasn't the same stupid kid who got on The Gambit. That makes me think since we haven't exactly seen Oliver actually focus on going back to Starling, and currently is avoiding going back there in his fifth year that we might actually see Oliver begin to form together the mission of what all he needs to do.

Maybe I'm just speculating and that's not what's going to happen.

Let's see on Feclity and if Malone gets upset for her keeping the fact of working with the vigilantes a secret. Like you said not that we can hope for any apologies and I doubt this time will be any different.

Comment

• Let me take a guess at how the Olicity scene will unravel in 5.05:

OQ: Why didn't you tell me you were seeing someone?

FS: Why did you lie to me about William, Olibur?

OQ: But...

FS: And why haven't you told me about everything that happened on Lian Yu?

FS: And why are you still killing people even though I told you not to?

OQ: *Gulps*

Comment

• Of course the recruit Prometheus will capture and torture will be Wild Dog, because some Tropes just need to be realized. Also, I like him, what means a death sentence.

The one thing I'm wondering about is that distinction between Oliver, Green Arrow and the Arrow they are making. Pity that the show won't explore Oliver's psyche more, because I'm afraid that it will veer to a conclusion that GA is a dark eeeeevil side of Oliver, while Oliver is suddenly such a great person. No. In fact we all wear various masks through our life, we act differently depending on the situation and the nature of the relationship with people who surround us. So I hope they're not going to go down the road of double personality because it's not the case.

Btw. Paul Blackthorne - WHY????!

I responded with a tweet "Behind every great vigilante, there's a great policeman." Not like PB reads things like this, but seriously, could they stop pandering to a certain fanbase for like at least couple of weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                        Let me take a guess at how the Olicity scene will unravel in 5.05:

OQ: Why didn't you tell me you were seeing someone?

FS: Why did you lie to me about William, Olibur?

FS: And why haven't you told me about everything that happened on Lian Yu?

FS: And why are you still killing people even though I told you not to?

OQ: *Gulps*
                        OQ: Will the things be okay between us if I'll make a dinner?

Wild Dog: Are we invited too?

FS & OQ: NO!

FS: Unless you ship Olicity.

WD: What the **** is Olicity?

Then WD is dragged out by Prometheus, but no one notices, since Olicity scene goes on.

Comment

• So, just a thought:

Episode 4 description says that Oliver and Lyla go off to help Dig on a mission that Felicity does not approve of. While Oliver is gone, Tobias Church makes a move and Felicity decides to send the team out without its veteran commander.

Episode 5 description says that one of Team Arrow 2.0 is captured and tortured by Church, prompting Oliver to reach out to old friend Christopher Chance, and Felicity's two worlds collide when her new bo joins the ACU.

What do these things tell me?

Felicity, wanting to prove she's not the same woman who keeps abandoning the team when things get tough, sends out the newbies without their veteran commander, one of them (likely Wild Dog since Curtis is oh-so-likable and Artemis is technically underage so can't be shown being tortured on television w/commercial breaks) is captured near the end of the episode. While they are tortured in the following episode, Oliver expresses his displeasure at Felicity's action, and she will somehow push the blame on him because "you should have been here to lead the team instead of off on a mission I told you not to go on!"

And of course, no matter what, there will be absolutely no blowback on this with Felicity because she's 'the perfect Mary Sue who never gets things wrong, it's always Oliver's fault'.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDBentz
                            So, just a thought:

Episode 4 description says that Oliver and Lyla go off to help Dig on a mission that Felicity does not approve of. While Oliver is gone, Tobias Church makes a move and Felicity decides to send the team out without its veteran commander.

Episode 5 description says that one of Team Arrow 2.0 is captured and tortured by Church, prompting Oliver to reach out to old friend Christopher Chance, and Felicity's two worlds collide when her new bo joins the ACU.

What do these things tell me?

Felicity, wanting to prove she's not the same woman who keeps abandoning the team when things get tough, sends out the newbies without their veteran commander, one of them (likely Wild Dog since Curtis is oh-so-likable and Artemis is technically underage so can't be shown being tortured on television w/commercial breaks) is captured near the end of the episode. While they are tortured in the following episode, Oliver expresses his displeasure at Felicity's action, and she will somehow push the blame on him because "you should have been here to lead the team instead of off on a mission I told you not to go on!"

And of course, no matter what, there will be absolutely no blowback on this with Felicity because she's 'the perfect Mary Sue who never gets things wrong, it's always Oliver's fault'.
                            *sighs* I could see this happening.

I will say if they do the Feclity is a Mary sue and can do no wrong, since it's always Oliver's fault well I will call them out on it in my review. Just because I've gave them a little mercy in last week's episode doesn't mean I'm going to be stupid about these showrunners.

Wild Dog makes the most sense on being captured. Which I have the feeling is going to be a common thing in this season, just from the reasons you've described for the rest of the team.

Do we even know what age Artemis is? I know she's round about in her late teens.

I guess these episodes will prove or atleast partially of whether or not they are going to fall back into their old ways. I hope they don't.

Comment

• I'm afraid that as the season goes on they will start again running in circles, in this case no GA saving Random People or/and beating the crap out of Bad Guys, but saving Diggle/new recruits etc. It's still better than seeing GA having his ass kicked by everyone and I guess some arrows will be flying in the air, but... There is always BUT part.

Actually it would be interesting if Felicity would have to face with blowback. They teased that they're going to do this with Havenrock, but somehow I don't believe that they're going to explore it in greater depths. Similary with any possible consequences of her sending untrained team into field - I'm just not sure if the writers are brave enough to actully do it in the show. It would be like a bucket of cold water spilled over the heads of certain fans though.

I wonder about one thing regarding Felicity - in 5x02 Oliver was asking her if she is feeling all right. Immediately I had that red alert flashing "pregnancy", but I've counted how many months has passed since their break-up and there is no way it could be a Secret Olicity Baby without pregnancy showing already. But I guess if that chip in her spine is not going to malfunction or something? I try to not follow any spoilers, besides the discussions here. I don't even watch next episodes promos to avoid hyping up, because I won't believe this season is decent once all 23 episodes aired. Sorry not sorry, once bitten, twice shy.

Agree that there is a lot crappy things happening to Wild Dog. He's just that type of guy. (He will probably bravely cover the retreat of others and get captured in the process < usual stuff). CW is not Netflix, we're not going to see a girl being tortured.

As for Evelyn's age - the actress is 21 (born in 1995), the Arrow Wiki places her birthyear circa 1999 - so according to them might be 17-18. I haven't watched 4x19, so I have no idea if there was something in the show what suggested that she is 17 years old. (Besides, who takes care of her? Being 17 she is too young to be on her own? Unless 17 qualifies you as an adult in U.S.?).

Comment

• It depends on the state in which they live.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎