Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2121
  1. #61
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,263
    He'll probably appear in the Flashpoint storyline as well. It's a good way to use an alternate version of Malcolm. Something they ought to do a lot of because the current version has grown incredibly tiresome.

  2. #62
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    He'll probably appear in the Flashpoint storyline as well. It's a good way to use an alternate version of Malcolm. Something they ought to do a lot of because the current version has grown incredibly tiresome.
    You know, I realized that Barrowman's character has become the living portrayal of that 'Because I'm Batman' meme, except transplant Batman with Ra's al Ghul...

  3. #63
    Site Groupie Shelby Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,754
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    He'll probably appear in the Flashpoint storyline as well. It's a good way to use an alternate version of Malcolm. Something they ought to do a lot of because the current version has grown incredibly tiresome.
    Agree. Might also be interesting to use him on Supergirl, since that's on a different earth and therefore they could play around with the character more. Have another alternate version that way, an SG-Malcolm Merlyn reboot.

  4. #64
    Site Groupie President_Luthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Posts
    3,028
    It looks like at least with Malcolm, they're getting their ducks lined up for the big crossover and/or Flashpoint.

    It might be interesting to see different takes on alternate earth/timeline Flarrowverse scenarios if we do get glimspes of them aka one where Al Sahhim Ollie remains Ra's, or one where Malcolm wins an LOA civil war against Nyssa (or vice versa!), or something a simple as "our" hand-less Malcolm getting a new hand on LoT ... and Rip learning that Malcolm's death is required to prevent some future earth/time shattering cataclysm -- just at the time Barry realizes that he needs to put all the time-meddling in check to prevent an even greater disaster.

    Would be interesting if Barry and Rip found themselves on opposite sides re: where the line must be drawn on timeline fixes. It seems right up the Flarrowverse alley that Malcolm would be tied into all of it, the guy still has Savage's ashes from the crossover that should forever be known as the "baby mama drama/LoT springboard launch" crossover.

    I leave the question of whether a lot of Malcolm / Barrowman across the entire DCTV universe is good or not for the fandom to decide.

  5. #65
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    A lot of Barromwan? Yes. A lot of Malcolm and his 'I am Ra's al Ghul' commentary about why he is so uberly awesome? Not so much. I honestly preferred desperate Malcolm ala Season 2 and 3 to the one we have in Season 4....

    I like the idea you put forth, President Luthor, about the big crossover having to deal with time-meddling issues and the difference between Flash and Rip's viewpoints. It fits with some of the reports I saw earlier this summer about Flash coming into conflict with Team Legends.

    As for whether the whole thing will effect Arrow in any fashion? *snorts* I think the fact Laurel is still apparently dead says that Arrow will probably just exist in a protective little bubble until the crossover, have some fun, and then go back inside the protective bubble. It being affected by the goings-on in the rest of the Berlantiverse is only likely if Berlanti smacked Guggenheim and Mericle down BTS and reminded them they are not actually the ones in full control of the narrative of the entire universe of shows.

  6. #66
    Site Groupie President_Luthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    A lot of Barromwan? Yes. A lot of Malcolm and his 'I am Ra's al Ghul' commentary about why he is so uberly awesome? Not so much. I honestly preferred desperate Malcolm ala Season 2 and 3 to the one we have in Season 4....
    I feel the same about this. We don't need to hear Malcolm tell us how awesome/diabolical he is ad infinitum. If they keep pressing that repeat button, it will be tiresome no matter what they give Barrowman to do. I do hope they give Barrowman something to chew on besides the Malcolm-is-awesome stuff they give him.

    I think the fact Laurel is still apparently dead says that Arrow will probably just exist in a protective little bubble until the crossover, have some fun, and then go back inside the protective bubble. It being affected by the goings-on in the rest of the Berlantiverse is only likely if Berlanti smacked Guggenheim and Mericle down BTS and reminded them they are not actually the ones in full control of the narrative of the entire universe of shows.
    I think this is precisely how it will affect the Arrowverse and maybe to a lesser degree the other non-Flash series too.

    Do I want Flashpoint to have irreversible effects on the entire Berlantiverse? As a comics fan I want this.
    As a TV fan? I expect the impact to be on a sliding scale, with Flash obviously feeling it the most and Arrow the least. The comics purist in me would object to it, but the TV fan of the individual series wouldn't mind so much if it did play out just like this.

    Arrow (and probably the other series too) will give the Flashpoint fallout the old college try once it hits the fan and show up for attendance during the big crossover -- then move on. Arrow will most likely have the most "immunity" if we can call it that.

  7. #67
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    A lot of Barromwan? Yes. A lot of Malcolm and his 'I am Ra's al Ghul' commentary about why he is so uberly awesome? Not so much. I honestly preferred desperate Malcolm ala Season 2 and 3 to the one we have in Season 4....

    I like the idea you put forth, President Luthor, about the big crossover having to deal with time-meddling issues and the difference between Flash and Rip's viewpoints. It fits with some of the reports I saw earlier this summer about Flash coming into conflict with Team Legends.

    As for whether the whole thing will effect Arrow in any fashion? *snorts* I think the fact Laurel is still apparently dead says that Arrow will probably just exist in a protective little bubble until the crossover, have some fun, and then go back inside the protective bubble. It being affected by the goings-on in the rest of the Berlantiverse is only likely if Berlanti smacked Guggenheim and Mericle down BTS and reminded them they are not actually the ones in full control of the narrative of the entire universe of shows.
    Agreed. I preferred Malcolm more of season 1 to 3 where went from villain to a desperate person who just couldn't quite give up his seat on the throne of evil ala Ras a Gul in 3x23. Now in season 4 Malcolm is just over used and no story other than "I used to be Ras a Gul". Plus the I've seen alot of people fan wise are kind of finding Oliver not killing Malcolm in 4x12 to be dumb when he has every reason to.

    For Arrow to remain in it's a little bubble outside of Flashpoint yep that's what I'm counting on as well. Especially considering the show runners of MG and WM would like to keep Olicty version as much as they can which something tells me these more recent changes of "getting back to season 1/2" is more of from higher ups coming down. May be even Stephen Amell threatening to walk if MG and WM keep up the garbage of Olicty and considering the recent stuff well it wouldn't surprise me if he did that. Which contrary to what the Arrow team of hacks think, the show can't carry on by Felicty Smoak alone.

    Back on Malcolm I sometimes have to wonder if the original plan was to in fact have Tommy become Dark Archer. Because you can tell how in the episodes following 1x15 they where headed in a permeate split between Oliver and Tommy. Which Tommy's death really does feel sudden in 1x23.

  8. #68
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    With the box office failure of TMNT, I doubt that Stephen Amell will be going anywhere.

  9. #69
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    Instead of Helena or Walter Steele, I wonder if the returning character could be China White? She was involved in the Chinese Triad in the Glades so it would fit with Tobias Bishop trying to unite the Glades I guess...

  10. #70
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Instead of Helena or Walter Steele, I wonder if the returning character could be China White? She was involved in the Chinese Triad in the Glades so it would fit with Tobias Bishop trying to unite the Glades I guess...
    I'm thinking it's going to be Anatoly Knyazev since Stephen said "Hasn't been seen in over two years" so that would exclude China White since we saw her in the season 3 flashbacks. Plus Oliver's going to Russia in the past.

  11. #71
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
    I'm thinking it's going to be Anatoly Knyazev since Stephen said "Hasn't been seen in over two years" so that would exclude China White since we saw her in the season 3 flashbacks. Plus Oliver's going to Russia in the past.
    Oh I think Anatoly is a given seeing how he integral he is involved in the flashbacks. Would be a bit of a letdown (for me anyways) as I would have thought the character referred too would have been a more "shock" character return. Plus, besides forum members, would people even recognise Anatoly?

  12. #72
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    155
    Based on Amellsrecebt fb post he's aware of crazy Olicity fans even making smart a comments about how hell have paparazzi follow him and his wife around showing how they are pretending to be in love. Seemed real fired up. I'm hoping he's tired of Olicity and they go the direction where they use her like the first 2 seasons or so. Less love drama bs...that's over and should be remain that way. Even if Laurel won't be back.

  13. #73
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
    Based on Amellsrecebt fb post he's aware of crazy Olicity fans even making smart a comments about how hell have paparazzi follow him and his wife around showing how they are pretending to be in love. Seemed real fired up. I'm hoping he's tired of Olicity and they go the direction where they use her like the first 2 seasons or so. Less love drama bs...that's over and should be remain that way. Even if Laurel won't be back.
    I'd seen that. He is getting pretty sarcastic about this stuff, and its why Haggard and I are personally wondering how long it'll be before he will put his foot down.

    For those who brought up the Turtles thing: yeah, it failed, but the thing about being the star of the show (despite what Guggenheim and co might think) is that if Stephen Amell decides that for the safety of his FAMILY it would be better to stop being on "Arrow" and just be an occasional guest star on "The Flash" and other shows ala John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller, he DOES have the pull. As SA himself pointed out, most of his fans are generally good people and not bots (in fact, if one takes a look through the comments feed on any of his posts, there is generally a lot less Olicity comments than you might believe). And not everyone comments on things. Stephen also is not just an actor, remember that. Its what he's known for, but he has other things in the works, and honestly, with the amount of fans he has, him moving to any TV show would be welcomed, especially since, put bluntly, most people know the CW isn't known for good storytelling.

    In short, if SA decides to walk, he's not going to be destitute, and he wouldn't be the first actor to choose family over career. The fact he is clearly dedicated to his family tells me that its not a matter of if he is going to do this to force a change on Arrow or bring it to an end, but a matter of when.

  14. #74
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    Look we can all speculate untill we are blue in the face, but until the first trailer or episode we really have no clue how much Olicity there will be. That being said, based on all the news about season 5 and lack of news about Olicity, I really and truly believe the intent is too back off Oliver and Felicity as a romantic pairing. It seems as though the show will be getting back to basics, meaning more focus on Oliver Queen the person and the vigilante. Every other character should compliment that.

    Quick aside, I am currently rewatching season 9 of Smallville. Its so good. Just because of recency, I started comparing it to this past ARROW season and man it's not even close. Made me miss the quality ARROW used to have in seasons 1&2. I'm 8 episodes in and I had forgotten just how much there is focus on Lois and Clark as a couple, but it doesn't matter, because it's done so well. No angst, no drama, just a smart and mature courtship between adults. The ARROW writers should take notes.
    Last edited by 134sc; 07-10-2016 at 09:54 AM.

  15. #75
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    Look we can all speculate untill we are blue in the face, but until the first trailer or episode we really have no clue how much Olicity there will be. That being said, based on all the news about season 5 and lack of news about Olicity, I really and truly believe the intent is too back off Oliver and Felicity as a romantic pairing. It seems as though the show will be getting back to basics, meaning more focus on Oliver Queen the person and the vigilante. Every other character should compliment that.

    Quick aside, I am currently rewatching season 9 of Smallville. Its so good. Just because of recency, I started comparing it to this past ARROW season and man it's not even close. Made me miss the quality ARROW used to have in seasons 1&2. I'm 8 episodes in and I had forgotten just how much there is focus on Lois and Clark as a couple, but it doesn't matter, because it's done so well. No angst, no drama, just a smart and mature courtship between adults. The ARROW writers should take notes.
    *gasps* And lose the teen girl demographic that supports Olicity in their tweeting campaigns?

    Okay, joking aside, I agree that they should take notes. In fact, my time watching Smallville is one of the reasons I'm so rough when it comes to the Olicity relationship. In terms of 'Smallville style' relationships, it is much closer to Clana than to Clois in terms of maturity in the relationship. And despite the apparent focus on the above demographic I mentioned, Arrow is actually aimed at the same one as Smallville: men 18-49. I think Guggenheim and Mericle forgot that.

Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •