No announcement yet.

Season 5 Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by evaba
    I still remember when McKenna (an Oliver "love interest" that I actually liked a lot) came fresh out of the shower wearing a bra underneath (!) her bath robe (becauses showing a bare nipple on screen is apparently more offensive than showing Oliver killing or maiming people), before she and Ollie headed to her bedroom for some (presumably, because we didn't get to see it) hot sex.
    I love the fact that a female viewer raises this point, because if one of us male fans did, we would have been labeled sexist. To be fair though, when Laurel stepped out of the shower in episode 100 she didn't wear a bra under her towel. So the show has become more risque over the years.

I miss McKenna.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
      I love the fact that a female viewer raises this point, because if one of us male fans did, we would have been labeled sexist. To be fair though, when Laurel stepped out of the shower in episode 100 she didn't wear a bra under her towel. So the show has become more risque over the years.

I miss McKenna.
      I didn't even consider that my comments could be considered sexist! Anyway, I think my point was how odd it is that it's considered more offensive to show a ten-second shot of a certain human body part than to show long graphic sequences of people being shot, punched or killed. Other than that I actually prefer the more suggestive, soft approach to sex that you get on mainstream television to the more graphic kind....explicit sex scenes in movies usually make me uncomfortable, because I can't help wondering about how uncomfortable the actors must feel! My problem with "Arrow" (and possibly the other CW shows, which I don't watch regularly enough to talk about) is that the sex/make out scenes are so unsensual and stiff. Stephen Amell is gorgeous, but he's not a very sensual actor, and I personally don't feel much sexual chemistry in ANY of Oliver's more explicit scenes, regardless of which female character he is bedding.

I did enjoy him with Shado, maybe because I liked their relationship, and because Celina Jade is a skilled actress. Oliver's romance with McKenna also felt genuine, maybe because it was the closest to a "normal" relationship he's ever had. But these relationships are in the past, and my prediction is that the door has definitely closed for any romance with a woman whose name isn't Felicity. In fact, I find it more likely that Dinah will have a romance with Diggle or a random stranger than with Oliver, because God forbid that Felicity's position as Oliver's One True Love is ever challenged! I even doubt that Dinah will be allowed to share many one-on-one emotional scenes with Oliver, since the producers/writers seem to have put some kind of embargo on scenes and storylines which would allow Oliver to have meaningful interactions with women other than Thea or Felicity. And when they do, these storylines are so half-assed and brief that they don't even count, such as Oliver's S5 relationship with Susan.

There is something else that I have thought about, and that is how some actors can exude sensuality and charm by just being there, like Patrick Swayze. Here he is in a shirtless scene with the woman he will later on have a romance with (the "meet cute", so to speak!):

In this longer clip, two memorable quotes occur: "Pain don't hurt" and "I thought you'd be bigger." Also we discover Dalton majored in philosophy at NYU.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I personally feel that there is too much emphasis on that subjective and elusive concept that people call "chemistry" in today's fandom discourse, mainly because it seems to overshadow the elements that I regard as more important, such as good writing and acting. I mean, it doesn't matter how many fans rave about the SA/EBR chemistry when their scenes are as poorly written and stiffly acted as they were in some season three/four episodes. However, if there is such a thing as romantic/sensual chemistry, I think Patrick S. is one of those actors who manage to project sensuality in every scene he shares with his female co-stars...even in rather mediocre movies like "Road House". And if "Dirty Dancing" became such a smash hit, I think it's mainly because of the interaction between Johnny and Baby.
      Last edited by evaba; 04-16-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haggard01
        Well like you said this is the CW so probably why no full nudity. Through 3x20 I think they did their best to push it to the max and I bet we might end up seeing something similar in 5x20.

Since we are discussing this topic well going down this rabbit hole, I've always found it finny for 2x02 with Shado.

When Oliver and Shado were down by the river taking each other's clothes off, there was no bra but the next scene of Oliver and Shado talking after having sex, now Shado is magically wearing a bra.

Oh just now figured out the Olicty sex scene was in 3x20 and there is going to be another one in 5x20. Oh joy. (Obvious sarcasm)
        Excuse me but when is seeing a nipple showing full nudity? Now I understand US regulations but agree with evaba, it's hypocritical and absolutely laughable when we can openly objectify Stephan Amell and Brandon Routh working out on the salmon ladder but can't even risk (let alone show) a nipple slip in a scene specificly filmed to insinuate a hot sex scene.
        Last edited by DoubleDevil; 04-15-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• So, new trailer coming today (unless there's more technical difficulties) and MG has answered a few more questions on his Tumblr.

The following is copy/pasted from Reddit, so I don't know if these were ALL the questions answered or just the salient ones:

TUMBLR ANSWERS FROM MARC GUGGENHIEMThea and Lance are still regulars next season.
          He really love Jessica De Gouw (Huntress) and is determine to have her in s6.
          We getting positive moments for Olicity after 5x20.
          He choose Emily to play Deathstroke if he have to pick any other character for her to play
          The trailer will have scenes for all five episodes and make sure to watch till the end.
          The sizzle reel will show us what they have in store for black siren and Oliver relationship in Season 6!
          "Please promise not to tell anyone we had bunker sex "dialouge tease for 5.20
          If there is a writers strike they might postpone the new seasons in fall.
          Stephen and "CENSORED" delivered an emmy-caliber performance in the finale
          5.20 will pick up right after the events of 5.19 no 1 week jump in the timeline!
          They do know who the villain is for S6 already!
          5.20 will bring up Felicity chip that in her back
          Surprise .... Cake..... Fun " three words to describe Oliver birthday in 5.22"
          Now, here's my thoughts on these, likewise copy/pasted from Reddit:

Good to see THea and Lance will still be there. Hope we get some good Thea-Oliver, Thea-Quentin, and Quentin-Oliver scenes. I really enjoy those since they sometimes feel like the last trace of the show I started watching five years ago.Would love to see Huntress return (I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the Huntress duology she was introduced in).
          I've noticed that the showrunners use Olicity to describe the friendship as much as the romantic element so he could be doing wordplay here. We'll see.
          I'm gonna guess whoever asked that question (if they were an Oliciter) was hoping he'd say Laurel and validate their delusions.
          Already planned on watching to the end...
          Hmm... I'm kinda hoping its the redemption arc for Black Siren.
          Bleh. Flashback or no, not looking forward to that.
          As an aspiring screenwriter, I can see the reasoning behind the strike. But as a fan of the show, I'm saddened by the possibility.
          Stephen and Manu or Stephen and Josh, please. I wouldn't be able to stand another finale where Felicity saves the day.
          Ooh, no week time jump? Wait, that means 5x19 is a cliffhanger, doesn't it? THank goodness there'll only be a week break instead of several weeks.
          Good to know they already know who the villain is for S6.
          5x20 and the chip: Flashback or present day? Hmm....
          [SPOILER]Hmm... Ollie's birthday will be in the same episode titled "Missing" which recent spoilers/speculation on here and through the paps suggest is regarding William...[/SPOILER]
          Be back later for the normal 'dissect the trailer' event...

Comment

• I think the Big Bad for season 6 will probably be Kovar.

Guggenheim wanting Emily to play Deathstroke pretty much validates the criticisms Manu and a lot of fans made. He clearly has no freaking idea who Deathstroke should be.

Anyway, here's the sizzle trailer. Some intriguing stuff and some Olicity deadweight:

The CW has released a new trailer for the rest of Arrow Season 5.

Comment

• Pretty sure the Deathstroke thing w/Emily was MG pulling one of his sarcastic remarks.

As far as the trailer is concerned...

Highlights

- Nyssa v Talia
              - Black Siren
              - OTA Tension (not so perfect, are they?)
              - Samantha behind Thea confirms William will probably be there, too.
              - SLADE
              - Prometheus vs Green Arrow

Lowpoints:
              - Felicity's bad jokes.

Intriguing:
              - Malcolm (what's he going to do now?)
              - Black Siren (what will her story be?)
              - Slade-Oliver team-up tease
              - Dinah in chains (presumably courtesy of Black Siren)
              - Quentin in chains (definitively courtesty of Black Siren)
              - Yao Fei hallucination
              - Kovar

Comment

• Poor Quentin. Easily the most emotionally bulldozed character in the Berlanti-verse. I hoped it would be a while before he saw Black Siren. And let me guess: No one from Team Arrow told him about her.
                Last edited by costas22; 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• The Nyssa/Talia confrontation looks absolutely awesome. Now if only the writers had bothered to lay the proper groundwork for it in previous episodes, but I guess we can't have everything.

Comment

• After watching the trailer - my heart already bleeds for poor Quentin. Sure, take a knife and drive it into his chest deeper. And twist. A few times. He doesn't even look that surprised that his "daughter" turns out to be a villain...

Happy to see a promise of Nyssa vs. Talia, Black Siren vs. Dinah and Yao Fei as the hallucination/vision.

Originally posted by costas22
                    Poor Quentin. Easily the most emotionally bulldozed character in the Berlanti-verse. I hoped it would be a while before he saw Black Siren. And let me guess: No one from Team Arrow told him about her.
                    Oliver: "We lied to protect your."
                    Quentin: "You shunuhuvabitshes!"
                    Black Siren: [cruel laugh]
                    The Arrowverse: Ha! Got ya when you thought it cannot possibly get any worse.

Comment

• Looking forward to the last five episodes, although I hate how Malcolm is involved. Can't they just kill him off already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quark
                        Looking forward to the last five episodes, although I hate how Malcolm is involved. Can't they just kill him off already?
                        No. Because "[he's] Ra's al Ghul."

Personally, I don't believe we've ever seen Ra's al Ghul.

We have seen Ra's al Tool (Malcolm) Ra's al Guru (3x20), and Ra's al Fool (long-lived guy decides a short-sighted fellow is his successor cuz of some prophecy?) but Ra's al Ghul? Nope. GOtham, you're our only hope!

Comment

• I'm gonna guess whoever asked that question (if they were an Oliciter) was hoping he'd say Laurel and validate their delusions.
                          I feel confident when I say that not ONE Olicty shipper would EVER want MG to answer Laurel when asking MG what character MG would have EBR play if not Felicity. Very confident.
                          Last edited by BkWurm1; 04-20-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• - OTA Tension (not so perfect, are they?)
                            Never claimed or asked for them to be perfect. Perfect is boring. I just think they are the more interesting group dynamic.

The sizzle reel will show us what they have in store for black siren and Oliver relationship in Season 6!
                            Sooo...nothing? Lol.

Comment

• General professional observation - almost every question asked by Olicity shippers on Tumblr proves that in fact they don't give a damn about Oliver's journey from a vigilante to a hero. So much for being interested in the show/universum as the whole.

Out of interesting information - MG answered my Ask about China White. She's still alive in universe.

Anyway, waiting for Doctor Pressnall return in season 6. Oliver and Felicity will need that professional family therapy. Meanwhile Billy still didn't get that funeral.

Comment

• Well, considering that Josh has knocked it out of the ballpark all season long, it's a clinch that the "Emmy" caliber moments in the season 5 finale is between him and Stephen. Let's face the facts, those 2 are as close of actors to Emmy material that they currently have on the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎