No announcement yet.

S3 General Spoiler & Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TyrantLord
    Basically. You'd think SavitarBarry would want our Barry to save Iris and NOT turn into Savitar, if only so that Barry wouldn't spend an eternity trapped in the speedforce. Normally when Barry time travels, he does it to change things for the better. How does SavitarBarry see becoming Savitar a better fate than one as a hero? Why put himself through that hell when he can actually avoid it and live a better life? His logic on using time travel seems kind of flawed.
    I guess it depends on why he enjoys being Savitar. Clearly he sees Iris as an anchor and killing her would free him to embrace his dark side. Why any version of Barry would ever think that is a tricky matter to tackle. I want to beliebe that they will come up with a believable explanation, but I', not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
      I guess it depends on why he enjoys being Savitar. Clearly he sees Iris as an anchor and killing her would free him to embrace his dark side. Why any version of Barry would ever think that is a tricky matter to tackle. I want to beliebe that they will come up with a believable explanation, but I', not holding my breath.
      Well SavitarBarry Is all about self preservation, apparently. But even IF that's the case, why not preserve himself as the Flash? That way he doesn't have to worry about losing Iris AT ALL, no need for a dark side turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        File this under wishful thinking, but could there be another twist with The Flash‘s Savitar? —SSH
        I don’t know if I’d call this a “twist,” but this is as good excuse as any to relay one final, fun tidbit from my set visit. As I watched them shoot Savitar’s Episode 20 warehouse convo with Killer Frost, the speed god referred to our Barry Allen using a curious, eight-letter word — one that was eventually cut from the scene. Hmm….

http://tvline.com/2017/05/09/arrow-s...siren-returns/
        Imposter

Comment

Well SavitarBarry Is all about self preservation, apparently. But even IF that's the case, why not preserve himself as the Flash? That way he doesn't have to worry about losing Iris AT ALL, no need for a dark side turn.
          He's probably drunk with power and Godhood, thinking that's all he needs in his life. So he doesn't want personal attachments. Mind you, I find his whole backstory quite convoluted, but what else is new...

Comment

He's probably drunk with power and Godhood, thinking that's all he needs in his life. So he doesn't want personal attachments. Mind you, I find his whole backstory quite convoluted, but what else is new...
            If he's a time remnant, all Barry has to do is just not create them when he finally faces off with Savitar. No created remnants - no Savitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by speople
              If he's a time remnant, all Barry has to do is just not create them when he finally faces off with Savitar. No created remnants - no Savitar.
              Unless he's the time remnant that Barry already created when he stopped Zoom?

Comment

Unless he's the time remnant that Barry already created when he stopped Zoom?
                Savitar stated that that one died saving the multiverse. He stated that he's one of the time remnants that Barry WILL create when he tries to stop Savitar. So it would seem, at least to me, that all Barry has to do is not create any time remnants and Savitar will just cease to exist.

When Barry got amnesia, so did Savitar. Therefore, since as in the first season, Eddie was Eobard's relative and killed himself so that the future Eobard didn't exist. It would seem to me, that since Savitar is from the future as well ALL Barry has to do to stop him is merely call his bluff on that night, don't try to save Iris, and don't create any dupes. If no dupes are created, then at the moment that Savitar is supposed to kill Iris, he will, like Eobard, cease to exist.

Simple. And if Barry and Co DON'T see that, then wtf are they doing working at Star Labs ??

Comment

Savitar stated that that one died saving the multiverse. He stated that he's one of the time remnants that Barry WILL create when he tries to stop Savitar. So it would seem, at least to me, that all Barry has to do is not create any time remnants and Savitar will just cease to exist.
                  I see. Like I said in the other thread, I was just confused with the way the time remnant from last season was brought up and then Savitar immediately added that it was all going well...until Flashpoint. That made me think that Flashpoint actually revived that time remnant and he ultimately became Savitar. Probably just bad wording on the writers' part or I didn't understand well.

Comment

When Barry got amnesia, so did Savitar. Therefore, since as in the first season, Eddie was Eobard's relative and killed himself so that the future Eobard didn't exist. It would seem to me, that since Savitar is from the future as well ALL Barry has to do to stop him is merely call his bluff on that night, don't try to save Iris, and don't create any dupes. If no dupes are created, then at the moment that Savitar is supposed to kill Iris, he will, like Eobard, cease to exist.

Simple. And if Barry and Co DON'T see that, then wtf are they doing working at Star Labs ??
                    That just may be the final solution that either Cisco or the new Chick will come up with to stop him in the final episodes: Call his bluff. At this point what else have they got to lose? Barry can't stop SavitarBarry in a 1 vs. 1 fight, apparently (or at least while SavitarBarry is in his suite, they seemed to be pretty reasonably well evenly matched while Savitar was unsuited), so what else can they do? Ultimately it'll come down to them trying to figure out that instead of making sure that the time loop can come to pass with out killing Iris, they have to break the loop completely, and that means making sure Savitar isn't "born".

That revelation will probably come next episode with their final and ultimate plan being implemented in the following and season finale episode.

Comment

• Some photos from the season finale:

It's peculiar that in one photo we see Barry and Savitar on civil terms and in another we see Caitlin and Cisco side by side. In a way we have no idea what's going to happen in this finale. Which may or not be a good thing.

Comment

• In the Flash sizzle reel, you can see Iris touching Savitar's face....we haven't seen that scene yet so it just confirms we what we all know that Iris is indeed alive. This scene more than likely takes place in the finale.
                        Last edited by TheSecretVampire; 05-17-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
                          In the Flash sizzle reel, you can see Iris touching Savitar's face....we haven't seen that scene yet so it just confirms we what we all know that Iris is indeed alive. This scene more than likely takes place in the finale.
                          Yeah, at least Flash learned from Arrow's mistakes in killing off Laurel. Only question is did Savitar kill an Iris time remnant recovered by Wally or did someone, most likely HR, take her spot as a decoy? Also I hope they remember to rescue Jay from the Speed Force once SavitarBarry is dealt with and that doesn't become a plot hole.

Comment

• I'm really curious what goes on with Savitar in the finale. There's the scene with Iris touching his cheek and we see him at Star Labs in the promo images. Could it be that he's not Team Flash's adversary anymore in this episode?

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                            Yeah, at least Flash learned from Arrow's mistakes in killing off Laurel. Only question is did Savitar kill an Iris time remnant recovered by Wally or did someone, most likely HR, take her spot as a decoy? Also I hope they remember to rescue Jay from the Speed Force once SavitarBarry is dealt with and that doesn't become a plot hole.
                            My 2 guesses: HR sacrificed himself as an Iris decoy and Barry takes Jay's place in the speed force.

Comment

My 2 guesses: HR sacrificed himself as an Iris decoy and Barry takes Jay's place in the speed force.
                              Yep, everything seems to point to HR being the dead one hear. I think he was REEEEALLY feeling the urge and desperation to contribute more, and what better way in his own mind than to be the hero for a change? Even if it means sacrificing himself to do so.

IF Julian dies, and that's a big if (especially if Kate stays Frost or not). it'll be by Killer Frost's hands. Not Savitars. I think Julian wrapped up his storyline with him when Barry freed him of the mind control. Julian's since switched over to Kate's storyline turning into Killer Frost. So if his death is associated with anyone, if he dies, it'll be by her doing. All though frankly, I hope not. I've grown to like him and hope he sticks around for another season or 2.

Dunno if Barry will replace Jay, it may well end up being the final solution for Savitar somehow. Trick him into taking Jay's place or something? The only other obvious solution left is to stop trying to defeat him at the end of the time loop like a traditional fight and stop him at the START of his crazy time loop: simply DON'T create the time remnant that eventually becomes Savitar.

Comment

Yep, everything seems to point to HR being the dead one hear. I think he was REEEEALLY feeling the urge and desperation to contribute more, and what better way in his own mind than to be the hero for a change? Even if it means sacrificing himself to do so.

IF Julian dies, and that's a big if (especially if Kate stays Frost or not). it'll be by Killer Frost's hands. Not Savitars. I think Julian wrapped up his storyline with him when Barry freed him of the mind control. Julian's since switched over to Kate's storyline turning into Killer Frost. So if his death is associated with anyone, if he dies, it'll be by her doing. All though frankly, I hope not. I've grown to like him and hope he sticks around for another season or 2.

Dunno if Barry will replace Jay, it may well end up being the final solution for Savitar somehow. Trick him into taking Jay's place or something? The only other obvious solution left is to stop trying to defeat him at the end of the time loop like a traditional fight and stop him at the START of his crazy time loop: simply DON'T create the time remnant that eventually becomes Savitar.
                                Yeah, I think the episode sorted of hinted at HR making the sacrifice just to prove that he had a purpose in the team. Plus, his relationship with Tracy felt kind of ominous. Similar to how Eddie and Iris agreed to be together right before he killed himself or how Henry Allen grew close with Tina McGee right before Zoom killed him.

Julian is probably safe, I feel. Don't know if he'll be around next season as a regular, but they have no reason to kill him off at the moment. With HR (probably) biting the bullet, they fulfilled their quota of someone dying this time of the year. Personally, I would like both Tom Felton and Tom Cavanagh to stay, but only if they get better storylines than what they got this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎