No announcement yet.

S3 General Spoiler & Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by costas22
    My 2 guesses: HR sacrificed himself as an Iris decoy and Barry takes Jay's place in the speed force.
    He felt guilty for revealing where they were hiding Iris. The curious thing is when the switch happened. There's a good theory out there that it happened during the final battle; while they were distracting Savitar with the speed Bazooka. Jesse sped by and twitched the Irises thus HR sacrificed himself. The only way Barry would defeat Savitar is if Savitar didn't know what was happening; that's why the switch happens during the battle also distracting Barry. It's also why in the previous episode they showed Savitar remembering Barry fetching Snart; it was the hint to his defeat.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-20-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      He felt guilty for revealing where they were hiding Iris. The curious thing is when the twitch happened. There's a good theory out there that it happened during the final battle; while they were distracting Savitar with the speed Bazooka. Jesse sped by and twitched the Irises thus HR sacrificed himself. The only way Barry would defeat Savitar is if Savitar didn't know what was happening; that's why the twitch happens during the battle also distracting Barry. It's also why in the previous episode they showed Savitar remembering Barry fetching Snart; it was the hint to his defeat.
      It definitely must have happened at that point. Because we know that as late as 11:43, HR was at Star Labs while Savitar had Iris in his possession. Someone could say that HR and Iris switched even before Savitar abducted her, but that would imply that the heartfelt scene Joe shares with Iris at Earth-2 Star Labs is really with HR. Something I really doubt about.

So the switch must have happened at Infantino Street. The big question is how Savitar didn't notice. If HR just took Iris' place in regular speed, Savitar should have picked up on it. A speedster must have done it. It couldn't have been Wally because he was hurt. And it couldn't have been a Barry time remnant because Barry didn't know what the plan was, much less create a time remnant. So it comes down to 2 choices: Jesse like you suggested and Jay Garrick. I'm leaning towards the latter simply because John Wesley Shipp is set to appear in the next episode. We still don't know if Violett Beane will. Maybe the plan was that Cisco would go into the Speed Force, get Jay and have him do the switcheroo.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
        Maybe the plan was that Cisco would go into the Speed Force, get Jay and have him do the switcheroo.
        And replace Jay with, who exactly? Don't forget, the prison Jay was in the first place could only exist if a speedster was occupying it. Savitar was originally, then he tricked Wally into taking his place. Then Jay traded places with Wally. So who traded places with Jay if this is the case?

I mean I suppose IF Cisco does rescue him it could be a "screw it" moment and let the prison die and just get Jay the hell out of there, but that'll need to be explained since that means Team Flash would be abandoning the plan. If they did, then that means that was something that was discussed during Barry's absent meeting. And IF that IS the case, then what did they replace the prison plan with?

Comment

• While the obvious clues point to HR posing as Iris, there are some indications that it wasn't him. For starters, in his talk with Cisco he talked about looking forward to his future with Tracy Brand. Doesn't sound like something a person who was ready to die would say, but you never know. Secondly, there is a scene of him being very much alive in the trailer for next week's finale. I am hoping to see "our" Barry taking the mantle of the Black Flash in order to defeat Savitar. From trailers and the sizzle real he may have made a deal with the speed force, showing that he learned his lesson from changing time on his own. In any event, we'll all have our answers soon enough. Looking forward to a great finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrow_47
            Secondly, there is a scene of him being very much alive in the trailer for next week's finale.
            The scene in the trailer, if we're talking about the same one, shows HR standing in the same place as Joe was in this episode, holding the same gun Joe was holding I think. It could be an error or something, yes, but for now, it doesn't discount the theory.
            I am hoping to see "our" Barry taking the mantle of the Black Flash in order to defeat Savitar. From trailers and the sizzle real he may have made a deal with the speed force, showing that he learned his lesson from changing time on his own. In any event, we'll all have our answers soon enough. Looking forward to a great finale.
            That could be interesting! Cool idea! Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

• Joe and Iris swapped places with each other after their heartfelt moment and before Savitar showed up to grab her. Savitar grabbed Joe. That was Iris on the roof as Joe. Joe, Iris and Earth 2 Wells are the only ones that know this plan. Oh, and me of course. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicFanMan
                Joe and Iris swapped places with each other after their heartfelt moment and before Savitar showed up to grab her. Savitar grabbed Joe. That was Iris on the roof as Joe. Joe, Iris and Earth 2 Wells are the only ones that know this plan. Oh, and me of course. :-)
                Um.....almost.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎