No announcement yet.

S3 General Spoiler & Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 General Spoiler & Speculation Thread

Question: Any hints on The Flash‘s Season 3 Big Bad? I’m hoping Mirror Master is introduced! —Mike
    Ausiello: I’m seeing nothing firm (yet) on Mirror Master being introduced, but here’s a curious new breakdown to wrap your noodle around: For Season 3, the CW hit is casting the major recurring character of Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own….
    Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to [email protected] Question: Any hints on The Flash‘s Season 3 Big Bad? I’m hoping Mirror Master is introduced! —Mike Ausiello: I’m seeing nothing firm (yet) on Mirror Master being introduced, but here’s a curious new breakdown to wrap your noodle […]

Any info on The Flash’s Caitlin for next season? — Justin
    Remember Caitlin and Killer Frost’s little chat about their less-than-lovable mothers? Well, we may finally get to meet the woman. “We haven’t met Caitlin’s mother yet, so we got a little talk between the two women, which is something that will probably play out in season 3,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says, playing coy on any dream casting — which means you should share yours in the comments below.

Comment

Yeah, honestly I thought I read something last year that said Mirror Master was supposed to be introduced in season 2 as a regular character. Obviously that article was a little off lol.

Comment

@grantgust: FLASHPOINT. This is not drill. https://twitter.com/gberlanti/status/744931643861786624

Comment

Nice. Hopefully it will last longer than 1 episode.

Comment

There was no doubt they'd do Flashpoint...it's now a matter of the arc length. At the very least a few episodes maybe even until the midseason finale.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              There was no doubt they'd do Flashpoint...it's now a matter of the arc length. At the very least a few episodes maybe even until the midseason finale.
              Unless the big 4 show crossover is about the Flashpoint storyline, then I have a feeling it will have wrapped up by episode 3.07. Everything has to go back to normal for the crossover. My main hope is that the storyline will last 3-5 episodes.

Comment

I agree Flashpoint will merit some sort of arc, a few eps. on The Flash to make a half-decent story out of it. Maybe it will impact the big crossover, maybe not, but I do think it will largely be wrapped up by the crossover or during it. Because the longer they allow the ramifications to linger, the more fans will expect some of its effects to stick and have a greater impact on the whole DC Berlantiverse next season. I think they'd want to avoid this, if only because they don't want to be stuck with a plot/arc/character they didn't like when the dust settles and the changes become more permanent.

My guess for Flashpoint:

Most/long-term impact: The Flash, for obvious reasons.

Least/short-term impact: Arrow, due to it apparently going back to basics in S5, being the most "grounded" of the DCTV series etc. I would be surprised if any significant reset occurs in SC aka Laurel/BC will remain dead, as will the tens of thousands in Havenrock.

And I'm completely fine with it playing out just like this.

Flashpoint will surely have some ripple effect on all the series, and likely have a role in bringing SG into their timeline, but the size of the time ripple will depend on the series. It'll have more on The Flash. Arrow -- not so much. If Team Flash can be largely oblivious to a nuclear bomb detonating over U.S. soil, then Team Arrow can receive temporal immunity from much of Flashpoint's fallout.

I think all the stuff Rip and crew have pulled on LoT re: time-altering/meddling should have as big an impact on the entire DCTV universe -and potentially even greater- than anything the Flashpoint arc does -- but we all can't have what we want.

Flashpoint will likely have a big, but short, impact on the DCTV and its effects will have far greater (and longer) influence on The Flash - as it should. It will most likely have a minimal impact on Arrow. By the time the season finales roll around, it's entirely possible that we barely notice that Flashpoint happened.

Comment

The Flash writers have spent the first two seasons setting up Flashpoint, so I don't expect them to waste all of that development on an arc that only last for a handful of episodes. I don't expect Barry to lose his speed,because no one wants to watch a show with The Flash in slow motion. I do expect Flashpoint to merge Supergirl's world with the Flash, and the crossover to fix problems resulting from the merging.

As for Arrow, I think it likely that Curtis will do double duty as a Mr Terrific doppelganger, with said doppelganger headed to Earth 3 and the JSA when the dust settles. I think the changes Barry makes to his world need to be permanent so he finally realizes the consequences of his actions.

Comment

So basically the biggest impact would be felt on ... The Flash. (I'm counting all the alternate Earth doppelgangers stuff under the Team Barry umbrella).

For Arrow, I expect some minor tweaks (if that) and probably nothing substantial in the vein of 'bringing Laurel back to life' or 'saving the people of Havenrock'. Flashpoint will have some influence on Arrow, just not to that scale. Maybe they do have something significant in store for all of them, and I would actually be impressed if they have profound changes for Arrow and LoT as a result ... but I think Flash will be where it's felt most.

For all the talk from TPTB of having a shared universe, they tend to cherry-pick what does and doesn't have an impact across the series. If they do pull off Flashpoint and its impact ripples across the entire DCTV universe and any changes become permanent and irreversible, then I'll believe it's the case.

Until then, it's been a patched quilt of developments that range from Barry time-jumping on Flash and having little impact on SC (I'm thinking his S1 actions here) to Barry time-jumping during the LoT crossovers and literally giving everyone a chance to escape Savage's scheme to fight another day. I basically want to see a price being paid and real consequences that can't be reset. This is what I will be looking for out of Flashpoint.

The LoA is/was a global organization, its civil war should have rippled across into The Flash too. Barry's finale visit to Nanda Parbat aside -- Team Barry didn't get so much as a paper cut re: Nyssa v. Malcolm's duel for the throne of Ra's Al Ghul. Huh? It doesn't wash with me, and is an example of this notion of Flarrowverse being "shared" as still more in theory than in practice.

Flashpoint may start to change that, but the Flarrowverse evidence so far indicates to me that a fully immersed, seamless and shared continuity across all series hasn't been realized in practice. Yet. Flashpoint might change that, it remains to be seen.

I agree that Flashpoint should have a lasting impact across the entire universe that cannot be so easily reset. In theory.

In practical terms, I think we may see a wildly diverging impact across each series. The stuff over on LoT should have messed with everyone's continuity in a much larger scale than we've see thus far. Maybe some of that fallout is still on-deck, who knows.

Flashpoint's biggest impact will be on what happens within Barry's world and incorporating SG into their universe, with varying degrees of impact on the other series.

The Flash himself may be dealing with the blowback of Flashpoint throughout S3. This I do expect. So in one sense, Flashpoint (more accurately, its fallout) will be a season long "arc" -- plots, characters, etc. -- on The Flash. But a specific Flashpoint-dedicated 'event television' arc will likely only last a few eps. It's the fallout of Flashpoint that Barry will be dealing with for the rest of his season.

As for the other series, Flashpoint is likely not going to overwhelm them to the degree it will and should on The Flash. Once LoT and Arrow get past Flashpoint events, they'll move on to their own series-specific story arcs. I suspect/fear that Ollie and Rip won't give a whit about Flashpoint by the time their season finales roll in. We're still in assumption mode re: what "impact" it may have on Ollie, Rip and friends.

I would be pleasantly surprised if they in fact have significant Arrow or LoT-specific Flashpoint fallout, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

If we used the hurricane scale re: how big an impact Flashpoint will have on each Flarrowverse series in terms of severity:

The Flash = Category Four to Five (aka highest level). No surprise here, it could very well be the defining story arc of the series.

Supergirl = Category Three. It allows SG to merge with the CW DCTV universe.

LoT = Category Two. Changing the timeline apparently doesn't have as big of an impact on them (or on the rest of the Berlantiverse) than it should.

Arrow = Category One. Probably some doppelganger visits to SC, Curtis will likely be involved in some way. But Flashpoint will likely not reset significant Arrow-defining events such as Laurel's death, Ollie's choice to kill Darhk or the team's greater good choice to save Monument Point from nuclear annihilation at a cost of the lives of Havenrock.

Overall, Flashpoint will have a large impact across the Flarrowverse -- and it should, if they hope to give the story its due on TV. But within each individual series, this impact will be greater on some series and lesser on others. In practical terms, Arrow, LoT and SG will move on to their own series-specific stories after Flashpoint ... while Barry will be coping with its fallout long after Ollie, Rip and Kara have moved on.

Comment

Jesse will be back next season:

http://tvline.com/2016/06/24/the-fla...violett-beane/

Comment

Tom Felton has been added to the cast as a series regular.

Comment

Cobalt Blue, me thinks.

Comment

Kevin Smith returning to direct i believe episode 7 of season 3 according to Dark Horizons.

Comment

Kid Flash costume.

Now Jesse Quick needs her costume.
                              Last edited by Halberdier17; 07-12-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎