Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 204
  1. #61
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear, they killed her off because someone with the ability to make it happen didn't like her.
    I'd be looking fwd to these additions if they didn't just toss black canary aside. Also Guggenheim has no Arrow comics but loves him some Marvel and Daredevil

  2. #62
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    I'm not looking to start a debate, as this is just my opinion, but Laurel was dead weight that the show was carrying around; she was kinda just there. She served no purpose. Bad/lazy story telling aside, the easiest thing for the progression of the show was to kill her off and start fresh. I've liked everything I've heard or read about season 5 so far, but it's all in the execution. Only time will tell.

  3. #63
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    I'm not looking to start a debate, as this is just my opinion, but Laurel was dead weight that the show was carrying around; she was kinda just there. She served no purpose. Bad/lazy story telling aside, the easiest thing for the progression of the show was to kill her off and start fresh. I've liked everything I've heard or read about season 5 so far, but it's all in the execution. Only time will tell.
    Move her to the Flash where better writers would know what to do with her.

    Start a Birds of Prey spin-off for the summer starring Laurel, Huntress, and Barbara Gordon.

    I think the reason Marc Guggenheim chose to kill off Laurel was because Marvel was moving forward on a Mockingbird spin-off. Mockingbird is the alternate comic equivalent of Black Canary. Marc Guggenheim is currently a writer for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics at Marvel so he wants that show to succeed so he still has a job.

    ABC didn't pick up the Mockingbird spin-off show so Laurel's death was for nothing.

  4. #64
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    I'm not looking to start a debate, as this is just my opinion, but Laurel was dead weight that the show was carrying around; she was kinda just there. She served no purpose. Bad/lazy story telling aside, the easiest thing for the progression of the show was to kill her off and start fresh. I've liked everything I've heard or read about season 5 so far, but it's all in the execution. Only time will tell.
    How can she be dead weight if she did nothing and had no storyline? Laurel literally had no effect on anything because the show made it that way and the show going out of it's way to kill her character off without it having any real effect on anything dragged the show down more than her character just existing ever did and it wasn't easier at all to do that. There's no starting fresh, because her death was meaningless and doesn't change anything. Have a very great day you and everyone!

    God bless you! God bless everyone!

  5. #65
    Forum Regular Aquahyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 11
    Location
    Bayside
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
    I'd be looking fwd to these additions if they didn't just toss black canary aside. Also Guggenheim has no Arrow comics but loves him some Marvel and Daredevil
    Cute Avatar

    Mockingbird is the alternate comic equivalent of Black Canary. Marc Guggenheim is currently a writer for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics at Marvel so he wants that show to succeed so he still has a job.

    ABC didn't pick up the Mockingbird spin-off show so Laurel's death was for nothing.
    So he also is a spy for the competition......traitor!!!
    Last edited by Aquahyde; 06-17-2016 at 05:48 PM.

  6. #66
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    267
    I am wondering what will happen to Katy Cassidy will she get a character on the Flash or Supergirl? I could see Katy Cassidy and Lois Lane the show Supergirl.

  7. #67
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by acer15 View Post
    I am wondering what will happen to Katy Cassidy will she get a character on the Flash or Supergirl? I could see Katy Cassidy and Lois Lane the show Supergirl.
    Hopefully Laurel comes back from the Flashpoint Paradox or Earth 2 Laurel becomes a good person and works with the Flash a lot.

  8. #68
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    ABC didn't pick up the Mockingbird spin-off show so Laurel's death was for nothing.
    God only knows why Laurel was "really" killed off. Ask ten different people why, you'll get pretty close to ten different answers.

    The public answer of course will always be "so that we can 'explore' characters growths/reactions to her death", even though her death did absolutely squat in that respect (unless you count Quentin most likely growing closer to Donna because of this of course, but they're due for marriage any second now so it's almost mute, god I'm so glad I stopped watching when she kicked).

    Some say she was killed off because she was having troubles with Amell himself and since he's SUPPOSED to be the star of the show, she was the one told "Don't call us, we'll call you, C'YA!". Entirely possible I suppose but no one but who ever was involved will ever know for sure.

    and some, like yourself, think it was simply a career decision made by the writers themselves for various personal reasons.

    My point is that no one will ever know for sure besides those who were directly involved, I just think it's bs that NO ONE was told in the beginning of the season who was going to die. And I think it's even more B.S that they essentially shoved lies down our throats for an entire seasons worth of production to conduct damage control. I for one pray to the almighty ratings gods for a complete powerhouse plummet in ratings so that season 5 tanks, writers are fired and replaced, and we get someone who respects DC lore/material over romance garbage.

  9. #69
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Hopefully Laurel comes back from the Flashpoint Paradox or Earth 2 Laurel becomes a good person and works with the Flash a lot.
    Doubtful on both fronts. In order for Laurel to comeback, as I've explained before, you have to have consent from both Katie AND who's in charge of production. That means that Katie's scheduling would have to be re-cleared for Arrow filming, and that may already be impossible if she has other projects lined up, which I'm willing to bet she has.

  10. #70
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Some say she was killed off because she was having troubles with Amell himself and since he's SUPPOSED to be the star of the show, she was the one told "Don't call us, we'll call you, C'YA!". Entirely possible I suppose but no one but who ever was involved will ever know for sure.
    I always thought she might have had a run in with a show producer, but if she didn't get along with Amell, well that would explain a lot. A case could be made that the rise of Felicity, and the Canary being sidelined could be the result of the writers sucking up to Amell. S.A. wouldn't even have to do anything for this to happen, the writers would know he took Felicity under his wing, and they would also know if there was bad blood between Katie and Stephen. However, like the poster said, no one will ever know for sure.

  11. #71
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I always thought she might have had a run in with a show producer, but if she didn't get along with Amell, well that would explain a lot. A case could be made that the rise of Felicity, and the Canary being sidelined could be the result of the writers sucking up to Amell. S.A. wouldn't even have to do anything for this to happen, the writers would know he took Felicity under his wing, and they would also know if there was bad blood between Katie and Stephen. However, like the poster said, no one will ever know for sure.
    Given the picture that was shown on either KC's or SA's instagram/twitter which had him holding Laurel 'bridal' style I would highly doubt there would have been a falling out/run in between the two of them. If there was then that type of thing wouldn't happen on personally run accounts of theirs as the two wouldn't want it.

  12. #72
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    Given the picture that was shown on either KC's or SA's instagram/twitter which had him holding Laurel 'bridal' style I would highly doubt there would have been a falling out/run in between the two of them. If there was then that type of thing wouldn't happen on personally run accounts of theirs as the two wouldn't want it.
    Staged pictures don't mean anything, I have no idea if they got along or not. On the recently cancelled show Castle, Beckett and Castle hated each other off screen, but you wouldn't know it from the photos they put out.

  13. #73
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Staged pictures don't mean anything, I have no idea if they got along or not. On the recently cancelled show Castle, Beckett and Castle hated each other off screen, but you wouldn't know it from the photos they put out.
    Exactly. That's why you have to take ANY "reported stories" between actors/actresses with a grain of salt. Most are merely rumors that someone started and are wrong anyways, no one will ever know the full, real facts.

  14. #74
    Settling In
    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    94
    http://comicbook.com/2016/06/21/arrow-season-5-adds-artemis/


    Interesting.... I'd be curious to see how they handle her.

  15. #75
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    155
    @Terri_Schwartz: Cool news! @ChadLColeman has joined the cast of #Arrow for Season 5 http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...chad-l-coleman http://twitter.com/Terri_Schwartz/st...102080/photo/1

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •