No announcement yet.

Season 5 Predictions/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 134sc
    Fair enough. If people don't like it, don't watch. I respect that much more then the people that watch, but continually complain about it. I used to watch CSI Miami and boy were those last couple seasons rough. But I had been watching from the start so I powered through. But while I watched not once did I complain about it, I knew what I was doing and that I could stop watching at anytime. At that point it wasn't on the show to be better, it was on me to make a decision. Anyway, all that being said ARROW has many more issues to iron out then killing off Laurel. Hopefully they focus on fixing those problems.
    I'm sorry, but no. If people want to watch it, they have the God given free will to do so, and they have the same free will to voice their issues. The show has an obligation to put out quality writing. If people respond to that, no human has the right to tell them that they can't say that they don't and why. But I find irony in people complaining about people complaining about something. Why do they have the right to complain about people complaining, but others don't have the right to complain about the show? Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

That's interesting. I would be more than happy if he never returned. Or returns just to die and never return .

Comment

Dagenspear, you and I have very different outlooks. I don't think we have agreed on anything on these boards. That being said, sure if people want to watch your right, who am I or anybody else to tell them they can't do that. I just don't get it though. It's like knowing you have an allergy to shellfish, but eating it anyway, then complaining about the results afterwards. To me that makes no sense, but hey, to each is own.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
          only one way that'll happen, and it has two essential points for that way to happen:

This modern take on "Flashpoint paradox" with Barry's time travelling is the only way plotwise left to fix her death, as Nyssa destroyed the League's Pit and Oliver's "groupies" never bothered to look for Darhk's supply of those waters (the writers were probably hoping we'd forget that tidbit that was mentioned in season 3 to avoid plot holes).

Second point for this scheme to work at all is for Katie herself to come back on board. With all the bad taste this most likely left in her mouth as a result, I'm not sure the actress would be willing to reprise her role on Arrow anyways. Not only does she have to agree to come back on board but the show runners themselves have to agree to let her come back on board.

So, yeah. If you are the one of the ones who support DC cannon over love fest gibberish of CW making, start gathering groupies, then start FLOODING the twitter/tumblr boards with pro DC cannon posts, as they are the ONLY boards Arrow's show runners cater to. It's the only one slim .000000000000001% chance I see this happening.
          Okay, this is somewhat rambling thoughts but...Since Arrow and Flash are in the same timeline, a flashpoint paradox would also have an impact on Arrow's past four seasons. It will be interesting to see how they try to spin it. What is interesting is they set the stage for Team Arrow to be apart at the beginning of season five. If a flashpoint storyline is used, it would make sense that there would be no team. Considering most fans believe the paradox will be settled on Flash about 6 episodes in, that would give Arrow a chance to create a storyline that brings Diggle and the rest of the team back together (but really for the first time in this new timeline). With ripples in the new timeline, B/C may never have died. But since whatever happened, happened is the general rule for time travel story arcs (i.e., Lost) Laurel would probably still be dead, albeit by a different means. In fact, they could make it so that in the new timeline she was never B/C and was killed back in season one along with Tommy. Thus, B/C in the new timeline could be anyone and wouldn't make her first appearance until the crossover event. Come to think of it, I wouldn't put it past MG to put Felicity in that role simply out of pure spite and to give himself a laugh at the fans' (and show's) expense.

Not sure if any of that makes sense, but I'm grasping for something worth talking about with this show and the direction it has taken.

Comment

The Flash's time meddling barely registers on Arrow when we consider the multiple times he has jumped into and out of timelines etc. over the past two seasons. Only the LoT crossovers did we see any significant temporal blowback on Arrow.

I would think that there would have to be some fallout on Arrow re: Flashpoint paradox. It's beginning to stretch belief that Barry's more frequent time-meddling has had little impact on the Arrowverse (outside of the LoT crossovers). Heck, there should be fallout across the entire Flarrowverse from the stuff happening over on LoT. And on the flip side: how about the little snafu over a nuclear bomb exploding over Havenrock -- this should at least register as news over in CC with Team Barry.

Comment

If I had to guess, whatever Barry did to the timeline will last 3-6 episodes. ARROW will go on as if nothing happened and when Barry fixes his mistake, it will be as if what takes place on ARROW in season 5 was the natural progression despite the events of The Flash season 2 finale. Therefore what we see will be the timeline once Barry fixes it and as if he never messed with the timeline in the first place.

Personally, I do not want all the shows to effect each other. Crossovers and guest spots are great, but other then that each show should exist as if the other shows do not. I feel as though ARROW has suffered the most because of this shared universe and I would like for that to be handled much better going forward. It's like the MCU, people ask why doesn't Cap help Tony, well because it's an Iron Man stand alone movie. The DC TV universe should adopt the same philosophy.

Comment

I'm actually fine with Arrow having immunity from most of Barry's temporal missteps. I agree that Arrow, more than the rest of the DCTV universe, has paid the highest price in having to adapt to a world of metas, magic and time travel. These may be in the DNA of Flash, SG and LoT -- but it wasn't (originally) on Arrow.

As a fan of time travel stories, I do find it hard to believe that the stuff Barry does in CC or Rip's crew does throughout time has practically zero impact on Ollie and friends. Do the temporal anomalies slam the brakes once they see the sign: "Now entering Star City limits"? I'm essentially in suspension of disbelief mode on this front.

But I'm more than happy to reconcile myself to the fact that what Barry does on his show will likely have minimal impact -if any- on Team Arrow. And actually I prefer it this way for Arrow. S5 looks like it's going into back-to-basics, more "grounded" mode after two seasons of catering to all of that fantastical stuff than was never really part of Arrow's world to begin with. I knew that Pandora's box was opened the moment Barry set foot on SC and, in a big picture sense, it would have been better for Arrow as a series to keep its distance from the more fantastical stuff that was always part of The Flash since day one.

The Flashpoint paradox stuff may register as a blip on Arrow, if at all, and maybe only in passing during the massive crossover. After that, it'll be as if it never happened in SC.

Barry can meddle with the timeline all he wants on his show. I expect it there, it's in his toolbox. Arrow is better off when it has little to do with magic, metas or time travel. When the shoe is on the other foot, Barry and friends are apparently oblivious to the ramifications of a nuclear bomb detonating on continental U.S. soil. If fans truly want a real totally shared universe -- why didn't we see Barry risking life and limb in that potentially cataclysmic moment to save as many people as he could in Havenrock?

If they want what Barry does to have a real and lasting impact on the Arrowverse, then the door must swing both ways. What happens on Arrow (or LoT) should also have as lasting an impact on The Flash. Sounds like a TV continuity migraine waiting to happens, which is why I'm cool with Arrow experiencing little blowback from Barry's actions. Team Barry seems to be clueless about an LoA civil war breaking out globally back in S3 Arrow (Why didn't we see factional League skirmishes breaking out in CC, for example?), so I won't lose any sleep if the Flashpoint stuff amounts to little more than an inconvenient itch on Arrow.

Yeah, the whole MCU shared universe nonsense hasn't really panned out on TV, esp. for AoS. It seems to be a one-way street, helping the films more than it ever did in making AoS a better TV show.

Comment

With Oliver the Mayor in season 5 will the show give him a 1st lady of Starling City?
                  Last edited by acer15; 06-15-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                    With Oliver the Mayor in season 5 will the show give him a 1st lady of Starling City?
                    Don't give them such ideas. This subplot could be interesting (I mean Ollie as the mayor, not who will become 1st lady) but I think they will neglect it. :<

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                      Don't give them such ideas. This subplot could be interesting (I mean Ollie as the mayor, not who will become 1st lady) but I think they will neglect it. :<
                      It's a difficult one I think. On the one hand, Oliver has absolutely no experience with pretty much anything (except a bow and some martial arts which is often touch and go ) so he would make a lot of mistakes as mayor. As the main character of the show, the writers probably don't want him to be seen as inept, although it would be realistic to see him fail.

The writers basically have to decide if they want to show us Oliver being stupid or just don't want us to see him being stupid .

Comment

The more I think about with Felicity out of a job I could see the writers make Felicity the Vice Mayor.

Comment

Wild Dog is going to be in Season 5.

They are going to use a character that is like Casey Jones and the Punisher in Season 5 after Daredevil used the Punisher in Season 2 and Stephen Amell played Casey Jones.

Rick Gonzalez is playing Wild Dog.

Comment

John Segarra joins the regular cast to play Adrian Chase aka The Vigilante. He will also be the new DA. Why did they kill off Laurel again?

Arrow has cast Josh Segarra as a new series regular for Season 5 as Adrian Chase, the Vigilante.
                            Last edited by costas22; 06-16-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                              John Segarra joins the regular cast to play Adrian Chase aka The Vigilante. He will also be the new DA. Why did they kill off Laurel again?

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ca...-for-season-5/
                              I thought it was pretty clear, they killed her off because someone with the ability to make it happen didn't like her.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                                I thought it was pretty clear, they killed her off because someone with the ability to make it happen didn't like her.
                                Ah ok. Such a perfectly explainable storyline reason works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎