Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 204
  1. #31
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Kent View Post
    I guess now the upcoming S5 villain is being inspired by Stringer Bell from The Wire

    I love The Wire, one of my all-time favorite shows, and I am extremely skeptical that these Arrow writers w/ Guggles at the showrunner helm will ever come even one bit close to capturing the complexity of Stringer Bell ...

    http://www.greenarrowtv.com/details-...-bad-revealed/
    How many keystrokes will it take for Felicity to take him down while Oliver struggles with goons

  2. #32
    Site Groupie Shelby Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
    How many keystrokes will it take for Felicity to take him down while Oliver struggles with goons
    and of course that's only after their Stringer Bell-wannabe falls madly & deeply in love with her, ugh...

  3. #33
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,303
    Stumbled upon this interesting piece from a Geoff Johns interview:

    His energy and enthusiasm for the characters at his disposal should make him the perfect person to helm DC going forward, because he makes his decisions based on pure adoration for the fictional work. “I’ve loved these characters more than anything else for as long as I’ve lived,” he says, and the hyperbolic statement doesn’t ring disingenuous. He’s more than an encyclopedia of minor character facts — although he’s certainly that too, rattling off what Blue Beetle got himself into decades ago — he’s a champion for what once made DC great.

    “Let’s say you’ve been given the position of writing Green Arrow from scratch,” he posits, rhetorically. “Clean slate. You might say, ‘Okay, I’m going to write this new character,’ and when someone says, ‘Well, what about Black Canary,’ you might say… ‘nope.’ That means you completely misunderstand these characters.”
    Who could he be talking about?

    Link: https://www.inverse.com/article/1589...s-path-forward

  4. #34
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Stumbled upon this interesting piece from a Geoff Johns interview:



    Who could he be talking about?

    Link: https://www.inverse.com/article/1589...s-path-forward
    I wonder if he is aware of Arrow ...I'd think that has to be a subtweet at Guggenheim

  5. #35
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Stumbled upon this interesting piece from a Geoff Johns interview:



    Who could he be talking about?

    Link: https://www.inverse.com/article/1589...s-path-forward
    Well it looks pretty clear that is directed at Guggenhiem. I'll take it.

  6. #36
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    270
    I bet the CW will have a 3 show crossover to start all 3 shows seasons.

  7. #37
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    Looks like they want to go back to basics and essentially copy season 2. After the last couple seasons, I'm perfectly okay with that. Just hope they can execute.

    Also, I've noticed many complaints that the show doesn't focus on Oliver enough. In the first season and much of the second Stephen Amell was on screen a lot. He carried the show. But he also made it known it was a lot of work and he barely had anytime off. Remember when Oliver "died"in season 3, that was done because Amell had asked for some time off. If anybody watches Person of Interest they know Jim Cavizel carried that show for the first couple seasons, but he was burnt out, so they added main characters to help carry the load. Naturally, for better or for worse, the show changed because of that. My guess is something similar happened on Arrow. With the way the season ended however, maybe Amell went to the writers and told them he's okay with lots of screen time again, because I'm sure he's noticed all the complaints about the show and one of the easiest ways to fix it is by focusing on Oliver Queen like they used to.

  8. #38
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    Looks like they want to go back to basics and essentially copy season 2. After the last couple seasons, I'm perfectly okay with that. Just hope they can execute.

    Also, I've noticed many complaints that the show doesn't focus on Oliver enough. In the first season and much of the second Stephen Amell was on screen a lot. He carried the show. But he also made it known it was a lot of work and he barely had anytime off. Remember when Oliver "died"in season 3, that was done because Amell had asked for some time off. If anybody watches Person of Interest they know Jim Cavizel carried that show for the first couple seasons, but he was burnt out, so they added main characters to help carry the load. Naturally, for better or for worse, the show changed because of that. My guess is something similar happened on Arrow. With the way the season ended however, maybe Amell went to the writers and told them he's okay with lots of screen time again, because I'm sure he's noticed all the complaints about the show and one of the easiest ways to fix it is by focusing on Oliver Queen like they used to.
    I hope so
    ..still I wonder if they'll fix BC's death

  9. #39
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
    I hope so
    ..still I wonder if they'll fix BC's death
    only one way that'll happen, and it has two essential points for that way to happen:

    This modern take on "Flashpoint paradox" with Barry's time travelling is the only way plotwise left to fix her death, as Nyssa destroyed the League's Pit and Oliver's "groupies" never bothered to look for Darhk's supply of those waters (the writers were probably hoping we'd forget that tidbit that was mentioned in season 3 to avoid plot holes).

    Second point for this scheme to work at all is for Katie herself to come back on board. With all the bad taste this most likely left in her mouth as a result, I'm not sure the actress would be willing to reprise her role on Arrow anyways. Not only does she have to agree to come back on board but the show runners themselves have to agree to let her come back on board.

    So, yeah. If you are the one of the ones who support DC cannon over love fest gibberish of CW making, start gathering groupies, then start FLOODING the twitter/tumblr boards with pro DC cannon posts, as they are the ONLY boards Arrow's show runners cater to. It's the only one slim .000000000000001% chance I see this happening.

  10. #40
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    For me, Laurel won't really be missed. I could take her or leave her. Think back to season 2, the season we all pretty much agree was the strongest...Laurel was the weak link. If they execute, I bet Laurels absence (for the audience) won't really be felt all that much. I expect her absence to still be felt by the characters from time to time, as Tommy was in season 2

  11. #41
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    For me, Laurel won't really be missed. I could take her or leave her. Think back to season 2, the season we all pretty much agree was the strongest...Laurel was the weak link. If they execute, I bet Laurels absence (for the audience) won't really be felt all that much. I expect her absence to still be felt by the characters from time to time, as Tommy was in season 2
    I'm gonna take a guess and say you don't care about DC lore all that much?

    Put it to you like this: Killing off Laurel/Black Canary is basically Killing off Dick Grayson/Robin. Which tells me that if these "bozos" in charge of Arrow were in charge of a CW Batman show, they'd have ZERO troubles killing off Dick about a year after putting on the Robin costume if it meant a cheap ratings boost. That's after knowing full well he's supposed to grow up in the superhero business and mature and become Nightwing later on, fighting as a member in the Teen Titans and fighting side by side with the JLA itself every once in a while to boot.

    So yeah. These show runners can jump off a cliff for all I care because they don't respect the DC lore I love and they'd rather have more romantic lovey dovy nonsense.

  12. #42
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    I'm gonna take a guess and say you don't care about DC lore all that much?...
    Well I do and I don't. I understand and respect the source material, but I've always viewed the TV shows as thier own thing. I think originally they has big plans for Laurel and I quite liked her in season 1, but after they introduced Sara it's like they had no idea what to do with Laurel. I know for myself I never really bought into her as Black Canary, especially in comparison to The Canary. This season is the best she's been in a while, but again she really didn't do much.

    To your comparison, if this was a Batman show and they handled and written Dick as they did Laurel, I probably would have felt the same way. I always believed that the outrage of her death was based more on the character's name and her place in the comics then it was for who she was and how she was portrayed on the show. Which to be honest was a B character at best. She shouldn't have been, I'll give you that, but unfortunately she was.

  13. #43
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by 134sc View Post
    For me, Laurel won't really be missed. I could take her or leave her. Think back to season 2, the season we all pretty much agree was the strongest...Laurel was the weak link. If they execute, I bet Laurels absence (for the audience) won't really be felt all that much. I expect her absence to still be felt by the characters from time to time, as Tommy was in season 2
    Laurel's storyline in S2 was an extremely interesting and well played out well. The only reason she seemed like she was a weak link in it was because she was the only character who was constantly on screen that didn't know Olivers secret. The moment that she found out Oliver's secret she made a massive impact immediately by reaching out to Diggle and getting them to stop Oliver from handing himself over to Slade.

    Her absence may not be missed drastically by those that still watch the show but I'd be willing to bet we will see a drop in ratings which will be the people who cared about Laurel and have quit the show as a result of it.

  14. #44
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    Her absence may not be missed drastically by those that still watch the show but I'd be willing to bet we will see a drop in ratings which will be the people who cared about Laurel and have quit the show as a result of it.
    Fair enough. If people don't like it, don't watch. I respect that much more then the people that watch, but continually complain about it. I used to watch CSI Miami and boy were those last couple seasons rough. But I had been watching from the start so I powered through. But while I watched not once did I complain about it, I knew what I was doing and that I could stop watching at anytime. At that point it wasn't on the show to be better, it was on me to make a decision. Anyway, all that being said ARROW has many more issues to iron out then killing off Laurel. Hopefully they focus on fixing those problems.
    Last edited by 134sc; 06-06-2016 at 10:46 PM.

  15. #45
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,114
    Question: Any news on John Barrowman’s status for Season 5 of Arrow? Will he return as a regular? —Brian
    Ausiello: Unclear at this time.
    http://tvline.com/2016/06/09/gotham-...-ask-ausiello/

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •