No announcement yet.

Season 5 Predictions/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haggard01
    Ok so since we talking about flashback stuff how close is Oliver to The Hood levels of killing, torturing, mentally, archery etc.?
    It's strange. There was definitely a darker vibe last year. But then in the finale of this season he killed the woman he "loved" with about 10 seconds of hesitation whilst there hasn't been much of a darker vibe this season. Even if Oliver had been getting darker he should have felt something for her. I don't know if that was poor editing skills, poor acting skills or he was supposed to be getting darker this season but it just really didn't come across that way. It's like they wanted to get Oliver from A to Z with no in between to setup the Russia flashbacks.

This probably makes no sense .

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
      My predictions?

The show runners say "screw it" to Amel, and give Felicity the Green Arrow costume. Since she is the top star now she needs to be the one fighting on the streets with skills magically mastered in 3-4 months and Oliver can be the "face man" for Felicity's "team arrow" as mayor.

On a more serious note, Glad I stopped watching this when Laurel died. Sounds like they have all but given Felicity top spot as a character anyways.
      You could be onto something. The first poster of season 5:

Comment

Greeeeat, just what MY nightmares needed. Thanks for that image.

Comment

Season 5 Predictions:

-Grandpa Smoak and Grandma Smoak Introduced

- Olicity wedding as Mid Season Finale

- Season 5 Finale will end, with Oliver finding out Felicity is pregnant with his Daughter, and decide to name her Laurel

- Donna/Lance/Noah Love Triangle

- Big Bad will fight Oliver, in order to win Felicity's love

These are my ORGANIC predictions
          Last edited by KSiteTV; 05-28-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I think they also have to bring back Sheldon Cooper. Yeah, he died an excruciating death, but his scene with Felicity in the finale was so heart warming. It made me want to see more scenes where Felicity tries to redeem this useless brat while the world is minutes away from getting nuked.

Comment

Just discovered this news

Season 5 will also introduce the recurring role of a cocksure/reckless ex-Marine turned vigilante.

"It's a very good possibility that we'll finally find out how he got that Bratva tattoo and how he learned to speak Russian," says Mericle. "When Oliver says, 'No one can know my secret' and he kills that guy in the pilot, we're going to get some insight into that."

I'm wondering what in site could that possibly be? I've always just saw it as Oliver killing that kidnapper so he could report anything about Oliver's skills.

Comment

Just discovered this news

Season 5 will also introduce the recurring role of a cocksure/reckless ex-Marine turned vigilante.

"It's a very good possibility that we'll finally find out how he got that Bratva tattoo and how he learned to speak Russian," says Mericle. "When Oliver says, 'No one can know my secret' and he kills that guy in the pilot, we're going to get some insight into that."

I'm wondering what in site could that possibly be? I've always just saw it as Oliver killing that kidnapper so he could report anything about Oliver's skills.
                Well, I'm guessing that's the one they were giving out casting calls for. Comics fans, any insight into which character this might be, assuming its NOT an OC (which, considering this bunch LOVE to prop up OCs in favor of actual comic characters is a possibility)?

As for what Mericle means... considering her and Guggenheim's storytelling style, I wouldn't look to deeply into it. It's gonna end up being real simplistic, like why he's so secretive (never mind he's been an ARGUS agent, indentured but still an agent, for two years) when he comes back.

Oi, and Mericle, it better be more than a 'good possibility' unless you and your idjit of a boss are gonna decide to split Oliver's final year into two sets of flashbacks so you can have something in Year 6....

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                  Well, I'm guessing that's the one they were giving out casting calls for. Comics fans, any insight into which character this might be, assuming its NOT an OC (which, considering this bunch LOVE to prop up OCs in favor of actual comic characters is a possibility)?

As for what Mericle means... considering her and Guggenheim's storytelling style, I wouldn't look to deeply into it. It's gonna end up being real simplistic, like why he's so secretive (never mind he's been an ARGUS agent, indentured but still an agent, for two years) when he comes back.

Oi, and Mericle, it better be more than a 'good possibility' unless you and your idjit of a boss are gonna decide to split Oliver's final year into two sets of flashbacks so you can have something in Year 6....
                  The only comic guys I dug up after some quick digging are these three. John Stewart who is fo course a Green Lantern, so I'd say he is probably out. Unless DC gave them the go ahead or some back deal stuff which I doubt.

David Reid (who is the great grandson to FDR) and is some super powered guy called Magog, just maybe on this guy but this guy would require them to really dig deep into their comics.

The other one is Michael Lane who is Azrael a assassin for the St. Order of Dumas. Considering they like to pull from Batman, I could see this guy possibly being the one but of course we have Gotham TV show going on.

Outside of those 3 I would have to say this guy might end up being an OC.

Yea, I'm not looking to deep into what Mericle said on Oliver's line. Like you pointed out he's been an ARGUS agent for two years.

Oh agreed. It better me more than "just a possibility" but like you said, I could see her and her idiot boss, splitting Oliver's flashbacks into two half's. Of course at the rate they are going, they might not get a season 6.

Comment

The only comic guys I dug up after some quick digging are these three. John Stewart who is fo course a Green Lantern, so I'd say he is probably out. Unless DC gave them the go ahead or some back deal stuff which I doubt.

David Reid (who is the great grandson to FDR) and is some super powered guy called Magog, just maybe on this guy but this guy would require them to really dig deep into their comics.

The other one is Michael Lane who is Azrael a assassin for the St. Order of Dumas. Considering they like to pull from Batman, I could see this guy possibly being the one but of course we have Gotham TV show going on.

Outside of those 3 I would have to say this guy might end up being an OC.

Yea, I'm not looking to deep into what Mericle said on Oliver's line. Like you pointed out he's been an ARGUS agent for two years.

Oh agreed. It better me more than "just a possibility" but like you said, I could see her and her idiot boss, splitting Oliver's flashbacks into two half's. Of course at the rate they are going, they might not get a season 6.
                    Well, ratings drops hasn't stopped them from pulling seriously bone-headed moves as of yet....

Comment

Well, ratings drops hasn't stopped them from pulling seriously bone-headed moves as of yet....
                      True.

Oh the official description for Arrow season 5

"After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the North China Sea. He returned home to Star City, bent on righting the wrongs done by his family and fighting injustice. As the Green Arrow, he protects his city with the help of former soldier John Diggle, computer-science expert Felicity Smoak, his vigilante-trained sister Thea Queen, former police captain Quentin Lance, and brilliant inventor Curtis Holt. But sinister players with a connection to Oliver's past will push the team to its breaking point, threatening everything Oliver's worked for and his legacy as the Green Arrow."

Which, it looks like they are going back pulling a season 2 of having a Slade coming back type of deal.

Comment

Ratings don't matter much to the CW, they will continue to run the show as long as Amell wants to keep doing it, just like they did with Smallville. These are not typical shows driven by ratings. As much as they are a platform for DC to introduce their characters to a new audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                          Ratings don't matter much to the CW, they will continue to run the show as long as Amell wants to keep doing it, just like they did with Smallville. These are not typical shows driven by ratings. As much as they are a platform for DC to introduce their characters to a new audience.
                          I'm starting to discover that. Still if they are using for a plat forum then guys like Greg, Andrew, DC and whoever needs to be sure that Arrow is doing a better job of it and not going to turn people off because of it being a mess.

I really don' want the ratings to drop or the show to get canceled but I would like a better written show, at least.

Comment

My immediate thought for that character would be Hitman who was basically a minor anti-hero. He was an ex navy seal if memory serves and was a part of the Batman-verse so it would fit with their love to pull stuff from Batman.

I can't see it being Azrael like Haggard said purely because that character is far to deeply connected within the Batman mythos. Yes they used Ra's & the LoA but they at least have tie ins to GA & the Dark Archer compared to Azrael who is purely Batman based.

Comment

Whoever it is, I can't wait to see the new Oliver/Felicity/New vigilante love triangle.

Don't let me down uncle Guggie.

Comment

I guess now the upcoming S5 villain is being inspired by Stringer Bell from The Wire

I love The Wire, one of my all-time favorite shows, and I am extremely skeptical that these Arrow writers w/ Guggles at the showrunner helm will ever come even one bit close to capturing the complexity of Stringer Bell ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎