Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 204
  1. #1
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876

    Season 5 Predictions/Speculation

    Thought we might as well start one of these early. My predictions:

    Present Day

    - Oliver has won the campaign in August and is now permanent mayor of Star City.
    - Thea has more or less become a party girl again and ends up with HIV.
    - Felicity has either won Palmer Tech back somehow (cuz of Reasons) and Mr. Dennis is bye-bye, or she ended up taking some kind of position in Oliver's mayoral office.
    - Dig gets dishonorably discharged or they find some reason to explain how he does a five-month tour of duty.
    - The new villain ends up being a Bratva member that Oliver screwed over.

    Flashbacks

    - Oliver delivers the news of their children's deaths to Taiana and Vlad's parents.
    - Oliver meets up with Anatoly, who is overjoyed to see Oliver alive after all.
    - Oliver joins the Bratva and becomes involved in their operations.
    - He meets the present-day villain, who will be his friend to give them a personal connection.

    Now, the bit with the villain is if they don't decide to retcon some of their own canon and ignore the "Vengeance" novel in order to bring Joe Wilson in.

  2. #2
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    This isn't my theory credit goes to #ManyFacesofDave he said he thinks the villain will be Prometheus and he will be after Team Arrow because of the nuke in the episode Monument Point.

  3. #3
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    There is a lot they have to do in the flashbacks in the next season. I don't know how they are going to fit it all into next season organically. Things are about to get retconned...

  4. #4
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    Thought we might as well start one of these early. My predictions:

    Present Day

    - Oliver has won the campaign in August and is now permanent mayor of Star City.
    - Thea has more or less become a party girl again and ends up with HIV.
    - Felicity has either won Palmer Tech back somehow (cuz of Reasons) and Mr. Dennis is bye-bye, or she ended up taking some kind of position in Oliver's mayoral office.
    - Dig gets dishonorably discharged or they find some reason to explain how he does a five-month tour of duty.
    - The new villain ends up being a Bratva member that Oliver screwed over.

    Flashbacks

    - Oliver delivers the news of their children's deaths to Taiana and Vlad's parents.
    - Oliver meets up with Anatoly, who is overjoyed to see Oliver alive after all.
    - Oliver joins the Bratva and becomes involved in their operations.
    - He meets the present-day villain, who will be his friend to give them a personal connection.

    Now, the bit with the villain is if they don't decide to retcon some of their own canon and ignore the "Vengeance" novel in order to bring Joe Wilson in.

    Present Day


    Being mayor is going to make his vigilante side a little tricky but yea Oliver will be the only mayor.

    Hmm, maybe on Thea. I wonder if they are going to go the HIV route just because of ratings. I wouldn't say out of avoiding it because of not sure if they can pull it off since this is the same crew that brought us the Felicity in wheel chair trilogy.

    Provably either of those for Felicty. It would be a shock if she renamed the company Queen Industries if she did get ahold of it.

    Agreed on Diggle. I'm guessing with Lyla might pull a ARGUS card.

    I think I know who that new villain is/Bratva member. (More down below)

    Flashbacks

    I'd say all of those are going to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if we got some refocused attention on The List.

    For the villain Taiana mentioned her people where under the rule of some guy named Kovar. Well I did some comic research with finding out that there is indeed a Leonid Kovar who is a super powered Russian hero who works for the government.

    So obviously they are going to remove his powers and make Kovar a bad guy but I think that's who he is.

  5. #5
    Forum Whiz Amarice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    826
    Crossover predictions: LOT team, Flash team, Arrow team and Supergirl (does she have some team? then count them as well) all meet in Thea's/Oliver's & Felicity's/Donna's & Quentin's (?) loft to discuss the reasons which brought them all together. Malcolm appears as well just because the writer's don't really know what to do with him. Oliver has a lot of cooking and prepares pancakes and shashliks for everyone, using spare arrow shafts, just to find some use for them.

  6. #6
    Custom Title jon-el87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,822
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    - Thea has more or less become a party girl again and ends up with HIV.
    Never got why they replaced Mia Dearden with Thea Queen. This show was supposed to be so grounded and gritty... And then they replace, probably, the darkest element in the GA mythos (the HIV positive, former child Prostitute) with a spoiled heiress and party girl.

    - Felicity has either won Palmer Tech back somehow (cuz of Reasons) and Mr. Dennis is bye-bye, or she ended up taking some kind of position in Oliver's mayoral office.
    She'll become the deputy mayor, then replacing Oliver as the mayor.

  7. #7
    Site Groupie Shelby Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,754
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    - Felicity has either won Palmer Tech back somehow (cuz of Reasons) and Mr. Dennis is bye-bye, or she ended up taking some kind of position in Oliver's mayoral office.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    She'll become the deputy mayor, then replacing Oliver as the mayor.
    In that case, if neither Felicity nor Oliver regains control of Queen/Palmer Tech, then I like to think they end up using city coffers to fund their extracurricular vigilante activities, and oh! the repercussions when they are found out, lol

  8. #8
    New In Town
    Join Date
    May 16
    Posts
    3
    Did anyone else notice Felicity using Black Canarys Billy club in the fight scene at the end of Schism.
    Are they setting her up to become Black Canary?
    If her mother marries Lance then she is now the Step Daughter of Captain Lance and Step Sister to Laurel and Sarah making her the 3rd Lance Sister to take up the Black Canary.
    Just my thoughts. #maybeISmoketoomuch weed. Lol.

    Also isn't Black Sirens name Donna Nance
    "Donna Smoak becomes "Donna Lance"
    goung out on a limb here?
    Last edited by Gymnerd; 05-26-2016 at 01:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Never got why they replaced Mia Dearden with Thea Queen. This show was supposed to be so grounded and gritty... And then they replace, probably, the darkest element in the GA mythos (the HIV positive, former child Prostitute) with a spoiled heiress and party girl.



    She'll become the deputy mayor, then replacing Oliver as the mayor.
    Nah, she is going to become the Director of ARGUS seeing as the show is now Felicity and Friends .

  10. #10
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,259
    If one thing can get me to tune in next season, it's mayor Queen. That's a fun storyline to approach, especially if we see him trying to bring the Green Arrow to justice (something that happened in the comics as well). Think about it. An Oliver Queen heavy storyline on a Green Arrow show. What a radical idea.

    The flashbacks also have a touch of intrigue about them because of the Bratva and Anatoli's likely return.

  11. #11
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    If one thing can get me to tune in next season, it's mayor Queen. That's a fun storyline to approach, especially if we see him trying to bring the Green Arrow to justice (something that happened in the comics as well). Think about it. An Oliver Queen heavy storyline on a Green Arrow show. What a radical idea.

    The flashbacks also have a touch of intrigue about them because of the Bratva and Anatoli's likely return.
    I'm just hoping they won't retcon and recast Anatoly so that Anatoly/KGBeast can be the villain of the present day. I mean, they did kind of drop the whole, "Oliver cut ties with the Bratva" storyline without ANY kind of blowback from them. I mean, this IS the Russian mob we're talking about.... I can't see them just going, "Oh well."

  12. #12
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    I'm just hoping they won't retcon and recast Anatoly so that Anatoly/KGBeast can be the villain of the present day. I mean, they did kind of drop the whole, "Oliver cut ties with the Bratva" storyline without ANY kind of blowback from them. I mean, this IS the Russian mob we're talking about.... I can't see them just going, "Oh well."
    Agreed. I mean one thing I'm wondering is if they can even get the guy who played Anatoly back and considering the current state of the show plus what we know of people like Manu Bennett or Susanna Thompson I'm doubtful if the guy even wants to return to the show.

    Yea like you said really hope season 5 has a blowback from The Bratva for Oliver's actions in season 2. I still have to wonder if maybe in the original plans for season 3 there was a plan for a blow back before MG took over.

  13. #13
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Ok so since we talking about flashback stuff how close is Oliver to The Hood levels of killing, torturing, mentally, archery etc.?

  14. #14
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,259
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    I'm just hoping they won't retcon and recast Anatoly so that Anatoly/KGBeast can be the villain of the present day. I mean, they did kind of drop the whole, "Oliver cut ties with the Bratva" storyline without ANY kind of blowback from them. I mean, this IS the Russian mob we're talking about.... I can't see them just going, "Oh well."
    That will be the tricky part. Within one year, Oliver has to become a Bratva captain, cut ties with them and go back to the island where he will finally await a boat that will take him home.

    I'm hopeful they will Anatoly as he is. When we last saw him "Keep your enemies closer", he seemed to be on very friendly terms with Oliver. No need to change that. And hopefully David Nykl will return to play him next season. He's such a fun actor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
    Ok so since we talking about flashback stuff how close is Oliver to The Hood levels of killing, torturing, mentally, archery etc.?
    I would say he was closer last year. The way he tortured Shreeve was pretty dark. This season felt like a setback. He killed Taiana, but I never got that feeling of flashback Oliver having something really broken inside him like I did at the end of season 3 or when he killed Ivo in season 2. If you watch the season 4 flashbacks before the season 3 flashbacks, Oliver's descent would feel more natural.

  15. #15
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    My predictions?

    The show runners say "screw it" to Amel, and give Felicity the Green Arrow costume. Since she is the top star now she needs to be the one fighting on the streets with skills magically mastered in 3-4 months and Oliver can be the "face man" for Felicity's "team arrow" as mayor.

    On a more serious note, Glad I stopped watching this when Laurel died. Sounds like they have all but given Felicity top spot as a character anyways.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •