Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast your S3 predictions here! What will Flash's time travelling paradox cause?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically though, unless Flashpoint is resolved in one episode, it wouldn't make sence if Arrow wasn't effected, since they are both in the same universe. The Flash writers have really written themselves into a corner since it wouldn't make sense either way. I really would've prefered Flashpoint to be the cliffhanger of a mid-season finale, or a cliffhanger leading to the mid-season finale. Making the beginning of Flashpoint the cliffhanger of the season finale is leaving us on scratching our heads as to what the writers are going to do, which I suppose was their intention.
    Last edited by Clada Max-El; 06-06-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

The continuity between the 3 E1 shows is going to be entirely screwed that simple really. The impacts of it won't do anything to Arrow majorly, that's almost certain. The most they may do will be to have Barry go to see Oliver and ask for advice with Oliver not having a clue who he is, outside of that I don't see it happening.

Then of course there is Legends and how they are shooting themselves in the foot given that Rip should be trying to keep the timeline intact immediately.

Comment

I just pulled this off of TV Guide:

Since The Flash is so closely tied to Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, it would be impossible for Barry to create a new timeline and have those shows not be affected. But since not all Flash fans watch the other DC/CW shows and vice versa, that creates a tricky situation, where Arrow and Legends fans may be forced to deal with the fallout from Barry's actions despite not watching The Flash. However, this is a far better scenario than the other option, which is to have the wider Arrow-verse ignore this twist altogether.

There may be a third option, though. If The Flash were to premiere in the fall a few weeks ahead of Arrow and Legends, Barry could feasibly return the world to its original timeline before the other shows would have to deal with the new world order.
        Of course, the folks at TV Guide are also theorizing here, just as we are. See full post here: http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-finale-twist-season-3-theories/
        Last edited by Clada Max-El; 06-06-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I don't see this entire thing being wrapped up in a single episode. Flashpoint is a major storyline and to wrap up something which resembles that would be rather surprising and a bad move IMO

Comment

WARNING: I reach a revelation about half-way through this post and then I start exploring that revelation, so I appologize if this drags on a little long.

Originally posted by Lipzo
            I don't see this entire thing being wrapped up in a single episode. Flashpoint is a major storyline and to wrap up something which resembles that would be rather surprising and a bad move IMO
            This is why I said in an earlier comment the writers have written themselves into a corner by doing the Flashpoint story arc. They can't wrap up Flashpoint in one episode, but yet they can't drag it on too long without it majorly effecting the other shows. You can't expect Central City to be turned upside-down while Star City is still relatively unchanged. Now that I just wrote that, it actually doesn't sound as far fetched as it seems.

However, the whole point of Flashpoint (in the comics) is to teach Barry (and other heroes) that you can't save everyone. By going back in time and saving his mother, Barry shattered time like "a rock shatters a windshield," to roughly quote Eobard Thawne. That analagy was the one that made the most sense to me, the other explenations for why simply preventing a murder that happened 20 years ago caused the near apocolypse that was the Flashpoint Paradox didn't make sense to me.

You know, I am glad I am writing this out, this is good for me. I'm thinking aloud. Feel free to stop reading if you like, this is more for me than for you. Of course, you are just as welcome to continue reading.

Flashpoint doesn't have to effect the other shows at all. Star City is a thousand miles away from Central City, and prior to Barry meeting Ollie just before the partical excellerator explosion, the Allens and the Wests, etc. didn't seem to have any affiliation with the Queens or the Lances, etc. As awesome as the Flashpoint Paradox is, it's very comic-bookey and awesome, in the true sense of the word, changing nearly every major and minor event to happen after Nora's death.

Even though the Flash is praised by critics as one of, if not the best comic book adaptation, the CW does a good job of simplifying the comic-book weirdness of the Flash (while adding their own weirdness, of course). By containing the effects of Flashpoint in Central City, they can continue their trend of simplifying the Flash comic books and, in the process, remove the need to drastically change Arrow.

Originally posted by Lipzo
            Then of course there is Legends and how they are shooting themselves in the foot given that Rip should be trying to keep the timeline intact immediately.
            Yes, Legends is a harder thing to explain away. The Legends could be trapped in the Time Stream for awhile, preventing the crew from interacting with Earth. The Wave-Rider that offered to take them away at the finale of Season 1 looked extremely beat up. They teased the Golden Age Justice Society in that finale as well, and descriptions for upcoming characters include one from the 1770s. Maybe one episode will be spent stuck in the Time Stream, and another will be spent during the Revolutionary War, centries before Flashpoint takes place. They might also travel back to the 1940s, the Golden Age of Comics, to retrieve a member of the Justice Society or two, which would be decades before Flashpoint.

Naturally, Legends couldn't do this too long, Rip being a former Time Master and all. Legends could also start late, the way it did for Season 1. Or, because the Wave-Rider is a Time Machine, Rip could see that Barry messed up the timeline, and then he could look a few weeks into the "future" and see that Barry fixes it, and therefore sees there is no need to send in the cavelry. This could be revealed in the show with Martin wanting to check on his wife (or something similar), and when he does so, he sees 2016 in whatever chaos that is taking place thanks to Flashpoint. He would then alert Rip, who could say something like "There is already a time-traveler in that time who is working on that problem" (referring to Barry or possibly Bart).
            Last edited by Clada Max-El; 06-08-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I don't think it's appropriate to even speculate about season 3 until someone acknowledges the "elephant in the room" leftover from season 1's finale: Reverse Flash WAS NEVER BORN. That should have negated everything that occured from the point of him killing Barry's mother. Instead, we got this worm hole thingy that opened up the portal to the multiverse. I really enjoy this show for the most part, but this bit of lazy writing has bothered me for over a year now. Come on writers, deal with it or don't set it up to begin with.

Comment

^ It was explained this season when they saw an earlier version of him (pre taking on Wells' appearance) that he still existed as he hadn't reached that point in his own timestream.
                If he was truly removed from all of time then it ends up in a paradox loop which would never end of the particular accelerator going off as it originally did (pre Thawne intervention) and Flash fighting RF for however long they did until he eventually goes back in time to kill young Barry but ends up killing Nora. That then leads to everything Thawne-Wells did in order to create the Flash and thus the paradox loop is born.

Comment

Originally posted by GWA
                  Instead, we got this worm hole thingy that opened up the portal to the multiverse. I really enjoy this show for the most part, but this bit of lazy writing has bothered me for over a year now.
                  It bothered me too, and I complained about it on another website where someone explained to me that that that wormhole was Time's way of resetting the timeline. After I was told that, I started adding to that theory. The wormhole wasn't trying to destroy Central City, it was trying to reset it. The wormhole appeared to set everything how it would've been if Reverse Flash hadn't been born. However, The Flash and Firestorm were able to stop the wormhole from resetting time, and that is why Eobard Thawne was still able to kill Barry's mother, etc. The wormhole didn't show up to reset everything after Barry changed things during the episode entitled "Flashback" because he really only changed one person, and it the world didn't need a major re-haul for that. Why no wormhole appears after Barry runs back and saves his mother, however, is a hole in this theory (no pun intended.)

Comment

I saw on Twitter a suggestion that Will Arnett should be cast as Abracadabra. That would be brilliant casting. Make it so!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎