Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast your S3 predictions here! What will Flash's time travelling paradox cause?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast your S3 predictions here! What will Flash's time travelling paradox cause?

So, what are all of your time travelling paradox predictions? With Barry's shenanigans with time travel, everything that has happened in seasons 1/2 will have unraveled!

Here are mine:

Barry's "public" life:

His dad is still dead, how ever this time his death was by natural causes sometime before the new "present"

His mom is now alive, and offered to recently let Barry once again to live at home to avoid that "Deathtrap he calls an apartment"

He still works with Joe at the police department as a CI, but they no longer have a close family bond and their relationship is strictly "business" in public, and Joe actually "doesn't like" Barry on a personal relationship level because Barry is in a serious relationship with Iris

He and Iris are actually in love and have been serious for quite some time, now that Barry didn't have to waste time searching for the man in yellow it freed up personal time for him to indulge in life.

His "hero" life:

Barry is still the Flash, as destiny will ever demand

Joe actually hates the Flash, because Barry couldn't get to his wife on time during some battle or another with a villain and Joe forms his own anti hero task force to bring him in as a vigilante

Wally is already Kid Flash and actually has already agreed to help keep Flash informed of Joe's police movements regardless of family backlash

Barry still works with Cisco at Star labs, but Vibe now has his own costume and fights on the streets as Barry's direct ally/partner with Wally as well. Cisco now owns/runs Star Labs

Snow is actually Killer Frost. She's not full on villain but she doesn't help anyone at Star Labs either, as she blames them for Ronnie's death and her transformation. She's now a full on loner.

Ronnie and Professor Stein really have died this timeline.

Anywho. Those are my thoughts on what saving Barry's mom will change. What are yours?

I cant even speculate at this point. I want to take all my thoughts from Flashpoint but i know that would probably be a mistake.

Comment

The Flashpoint Paradox storyline may start out as a good thing on the show (to enable the writers to drag the storyline over half the season or more.)

Nora was able to help Francine (Joe's wife) to get off her addiction, thus Iris and Wally grew up together and had a 'proper' sibling relationship.

Henry may have died of a heart attack a few years earlier like in the comics, or he may still be alive just to be different. I would be happy either way.

Like in the comics, Barry is still a CSI solving criminal cases, possibly with Joe as captain instead of Singh. Joe and Barry's relationship is professional of course, possibly similar to his relationship to Eddie last season because Barry is dating Iris.

Barry also works with Cisco, Ronnie, Hartley, and the real Earth-1 Harrison Wells (though Barry is suspicious of him at first, since he still remembers much of the "original" timeline) at STAR Labs. Without Eobard Thawne to speed up the process, the Particle Accelerator has not exploded yet, but Barry's memories from the previous timeline causes him urge the team to set it off, maybe a little prematurely, creating even more metahumans than the first time. The Accelerator explodes in either the premier or the second episode. Barry makes sure he is in the right place at the right time and gets his Flash powers. Although I don't really want a repeat of Season 1, so hopefully the after-effects of Barry changing the time includes Wells setting off the Particle Accelerator early.

Snart is still alive, as Citizen Cold, playing the rogue hero he does in the comics. He and Barry possibly team up in one episode

The first sign that not everything is well is Kaitlyn Snow as Killer Frost. I'm not sure how much Flashpoint will effect the other shows. If they start off the series with the four-way crossover they've promised, I'm hoping that villains from Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl will all play a part in the apocalypse that forces Barry to run back in time and stop himself from saving his mother.
      Last edited by Clada Max-El; 05-30-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clada Max-El
        ... I'm not sure how much Flashpoint will effect the other shows...
        This is what I'm curious about. Especially w/ regard to Arrow b/c obviously the Arrow we've been watching occurs on E-1, along w/ Flash. If Barry goes back & saves his mom, that means time on E-1, if you are watching Flash, got reset back in 2000. Even one change 16 years ago could potentially result in who-knows-how-many changes throughout E-1 by the time you get to 2016, as each change likely begets a multitude of other changes which then keep rippling out exponentially, so that it would be hard to believe all characters on Arrow would still be exactly where they were and who they were (personality and role-wise) when we last saw them in the finale. I mean, if I'm supposed to assume that the time reset affected Arrow also, then it stretches credibility for me if I were to come back in the fall and basically everyone on Arrow was still exactly same and had exact histories as they had in all the time I had been watching previously . There should be SOME differences in Arrow if the Flash time reset also affects Arrow.

But, b/c the S4 Arrow season finale did not acknowledge that Arrow was affected by a time reset and b/c I don't think producers can assume that all Arrow viewers also watch & keep up w/ Flash events, it would be bizarre for an Arrow viewer to start watching Arrow S5 and suddenly there are differences in characters and their backstories.

So bottomline: I think they will either keep each show running on a different timeline (Flash on a new timeline 2; Arrow on the timeline it has previously been running on) either permanently or until such a time when/if they decide to revert Flash back to the previously established timeline (pre-Flashpoint), or they will need to dedicate some Arrow episodes laying the groundwork to explain that Arrow was also affected by the timeline change. Personally, since I have no plans to continue watching Arrow, I don't care what they do w/ Arrow, but regarding Flash, I hope they stick w/ the new timeline for at least half the season and maybe even the whole S3.

Comment

The real Harrison Wells and his wife will still be alive. So, they'll probably introduce an Earth-1 Jesse Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            The real Harrison Wells and his wife will still be alive. So, they'll probably introduce an Earth-1 Jesse Wells.
            I didn't even think of that, nice work. If that's the case, Jesse could be a villain speedster in Barry's Earth and Jesse could be the Hero Speedster of E-2 (Since E-2 seems to play into the idea of "opposites" when it comes to personality/character). Honestly my predictions were going off the assumptions that E-1 Wells is still dead and the particle accelerator still blew at the proper time to give Barry his powers.

The first sign that not everything is well is Kaitlyn Snow as Killer Frost.
            Glad we agree on this. I have a hunch that this "flashpoint" event for the CW will be the ONLY time we see E-1 Kaitlyn as Frost. So it'll be interesting to see if she's a full on villain or if she's just a depressed loner out for herself.

My guess is that by seasons end Barry will naturally set things right by forcing himself to stop saving his mom and everything will go back to normal like he never left.

Comment

Okay, I'm a Flash-comics and comics-in-general ignoramus, so with that disclaimer out there...

If S2 finale timeline-1 Barry** goes back to 2000 to save his mom and then at S3 premiere the show "flashforwards" to 2016, will the S2 finale timeline-1 Barry still be around (and thus able to be the Flash) or will that version of Barry vanish the minute he saves his mom, and then we end up w/ a "normal" Barry in 2016, who has not yet been exposed to particle accelerator and thus we have no Flash?
              **ie the timeline we were previously watching Barry in right before Flashpoint

Because personally I think they should make the Barry/Flash, who went back and saved his mom at S2 finale, "fade" or vanish, and then we start out w/ a "normal" 2016 Barry. Then I like what @Clada Max-El said about "normal" Barry still remembering that he changed time to get to the present timeline2 that the show is now in, and remembering that in the previous timeline he was the Flash. Then, as has already been mentioned, this Barry grew up w/ his mom and Dad. His mom and dad are both alive and he is also romantically involved w/ Iris. But he finds out that Joe is now dead (having died sometime fairly recently, within the past 1-2 years say), and that previously he, Barry, did have a work-type relationship w/ Joe. In other words, in this iteration, Barry learns that the consequence of going back and changing time to save his mom & dad, meant that Iris lost her dad, and so Barry knows that in the timeline he came from (which HE intentionally changed) Joe would normally be alive. So he can blame himself for that and feel bad. (I'm trying to think "CW" here... where some guilt and angst are always helpful, especially if you are keeping a secret from your loved one and get to feel angsty about it...like your beloved girlfriend's dad is dead b/c you time-traveled and meddled w/ stuff you shouldn't have, especially when your future self already warned you away once before!...) It also means he can think about the fact that he was kind of selfish in saving his mom and dad, b/c now it kind of comes at the expense of taking Iris' dad away, when really he has no right to make a "decision" like that. This causes him to seek out Dr. Harrison Wells and urge him (for whatever reason...maybe he confides in Wells, maybe not) to speed up the particle accelerator construction -- (otherwise, wouldn't Barry not get his speed in 2020...?) -- so that Barry can get his speed back, b/c once he gets his speed back he will go back in time (again) and not save his mom and try to set things right so that Joe is still alive.

I think this would only work for a few episodes though, b/c the "downside" would be that Joe would be missing from all the eps until Barry sets things right.

This is not necessarily what I would want to see. My preference is that we have at least half, if not all, S3 in the alternate timeline & that Joe be around all the time. But I was just trying to think up what might motivate Barry to go back and undo his time-travel and I think if he learned that the consequence was that Joe would be dead, that would be a pretty horrible dilemma to find himself in (gets his mom and dad back, but at the cost of Joe's life...). Plus, they kind of touched on this idea already, of Barry being somewhat responsible for E-2 Joe's death in the first E2 episode.
              Last edited by Shelby Kent; 05-30-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I would think that Flashpoint is going to carry over (to some degree) on Arrow and Legends. They probably didn't outright address it on Arrow and Legends because they probably didn't have concrete knowledge of when each show's finale would air. There were timing issues earlier in the year with the Supergirl crossover & Barry's funeral appearance on Arrow in relation to events on The Flash. So they probably erred on the side of caution and opted to wait for the reveal until next season. My guess is that Flashpoint (with elements from Crisis) would be the "fuel" for this year's major crossover. It would explain why they announced Wentworth Miller would be recurring on Flash, Arrow, and Legends. It would also explain why Rex Tyler was introduced on Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmorgan
                  I would think that Flashpoint is going to carry over (to some degree) on Arrow and Legends. They probably didn't outright address it on Arrow and Legends because they probably didn't have concrete knowledge of when each show's finale would air. There were timing issues earlier in the year with the Supergirl crossover & Barry's funeral appearance on Arrow in relation to events on The Flash. So they probably erred on the side of caution and opted to wait for the reveal until next season. My guess is that Flashpoint (with elements from Crisis) would be the "fuel" for this year's major crossover. It would explain why they announced Wentworth Miller would be recurring on Flash, Arrow, and Legends. It would also explain why Rex Tyler was introduced on Legends.
                  I agree. Which begs the question: When was the major cross-over event supposed to happen? Did they publicly announce official plans for it yet? Because if it happens late enough in Flash's season, it may well end up resolving and reverting what ever changes Barry made to the timeline back to it's normal state, meaning the next thing we see would be Flash's team back hanging out at Joe's house with Barry's family as if he never left.

If the cross-over happens mid season or earlier than that then it may be the point were Barry starts to realize this timeline sucks compared to his original one and tries convincing everyone to help him to revert it back in the first place. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                    I agree. Which begs the question: When was the major cross-over event supposed to happen? Did they publicly announce official plans for it yet? Because if it happens late enough in Flash's season, it may well end up resolving and reverting what ever changes Barry made to the timeline back to it's normal state, meaning the next thing we see would be Flash's team back hanging out at Joe's house with Barry's family as if he never left.

If the cross-over happens mid season or earlier than that then it may be the point were Barry starts to realize this timeline sucks compared to his original one and tries convincing everyone to help him to revert it back in the first place. Who knows.
                    I am almost confident that the crossover will happen just before Barry resets the timeline. They cannot promise us a four-way crossover and then tease Flashpoint without making the crossover involve Flashpoint. Flashpoint was a major crossover event in the comics, and I cannot see a better or more fitting way to bring all our heroes together in one place.

Comment

As long as we get Citizen Cold, Killer Frost, and original Wells, everything else is icing as far as I'm concerned. As for Arrow, I'm just going to assume that Arrow takes place in the correct time line after Barry sets things right and The Flashpoint is just a big parallel prologue to Arrow's story line.

Comment

I don't know if this belongs here or in the Legends of Tomorrow speculation, but I have a thought. Potential spoiler alert for Legends of Tomorrow, although I will try to keep spoilers to the minimum.

What if all three shows (and maybe Supergirl) start their series in the new Flashpoint timeline. Like in the comics there could be a little note in the side saying that everything is different due to Flashpoint. Possibly the "My name is..." intros could reflect the fact that everything is in a new timeline. I don't know what the changes will be, but the Flash timeline would be similar to what we have already discussed.

Arrow could be similar to what we saw in 2046 when the Legends accidentally landed in Star City at that time, with Slade and/or the League of Assasins threatening to lay waste to the city.

Legends would then start as normal, with the Legends Team in the Waverider traveling through the timestream, discussing with their new friend what their plans are. At some point, they land on Earth and see the carnage that taking place on earth, and then Rip says: "Someone as messed up the timeline."

The following weeks would continue with Barry trying to get used to living in this new timeline, Arrow fighting the army that is attacking Star City, and the Legends trying to figure out who is the villian who ruined the timeline and when he did it.

Comment

^ I wouldn't mind that given that I don't watch Arrow anymore but for anyone who still does it would probably feel like a waste of perfectly good time to continue on Arrow's story. It would be much better off if it was purely contained within Flash with maybe a small mention of it on Legends, but incorporating Arrow into it wouldn't be good for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                            ^ I wouldn't mind that given that I don't watch Arrow anymore but for anyone who still does it would probably feel like a waste of perfectly good time to continue on Arrow's story. It would be much better off if it was purely contained within Flash with maybe a small mention of it on Legends, but incorporating Arrow into it wouldn't be good for the show.
                            I think the only reason why I am suggesting it is because I don't watch Arrow LOL.

Comment

I think the only reason why I am suggesting it is because I don't watch Arrow LOL.
                              Me either. I stopped when they killed Laurel.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎