Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural Season Finale "Alpha and Omega" Countdown/LIVE Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernatural Season Finale "Alpha and Omega" Countdown/LIVE Thread!

Count down to tonight's episode and talk about it LIVE while it airs!

Here are some pics:

pretty crazy end

Comment

Originally posted by Axalon
      pretty crazy end
      I gotta admit, I liked the ending!

Comment

After Amara said the bit about giving Dean what he wants, I kinda figured it'd be Mary coming back to life. Not only because we've seen how much Dean is his mother's son in many ways, but also because they frankly wouldn't be able to afford JDM. That was the entire reason he wasn't in Season 1 much. He's too damn expensive.

Loved the callbacks to the pilot episode and others with the whole 'no chick flick moments', and then the revelation that Dean actually likes them.

My question is, how much does Mary know?

Comment

Mary looked liked before she was killed by Azazel, so she would be clueless about what is going on. That might be the conundrum for Dean next season is maybe NOT telling her anything. Every time we had seen Mary as a spirit or illusion, her nightgown was bloody. This was clean.

So, I am assuming Sam is killed and goes into the Void. Cas was blasted to Oz so I'm not too worried about him right now. Crowley and Rowena just did their disappearing acts, so they'll be back. I like this Rowena and Crowley. Billie will reap Sam OR what I'm hoping is that Death is in the Void as well and will probably be instrumental in getting Sam out if he frees him as well.

What I didn't like was the cozy little ending for Chuck and Amara. While it gives them an opening to return at some point, which I'm sure they will, but the whole Darkness and Light thing shouldn't work with these two because they are back in each other's good graces and Amara looked very "happy." Where is the Darkness balance here? Death would be a good way to put the scales back into place.

Hopefully also the Mark of Cain is done with. This new chapter of the Men of Letters actually kind of annoyed me. Not sure what to make of it. It has the feeling of a spinoff, which I'm very meh about.

As far as JDM goes, he wants to return to the show, he's said it many times. With The Good Wife now gone, maybe his time is freed up more. I think with everything the CW has going on, money may be tight, but it would be a SMART investment in this 12-year-old series to spend on him especially as this anchor show is moving yet again to boost a new series. I think Dean is more a momma's boy than he thinks. There was also some level of closure with John ascending to Heaven and Dean especially got more closure than Sam. So it makes more sense, story-wise, to bring Mary back.

All-in-all a nice episode, although it wasn't season finale great, it was midseason cliffhanger great.....

Comment

Interesting idea for a finale. Glad that Rowena is still alive. Her and God bonding over there children was a highlight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
              Mary looked liked before she was killed by Azazel, so she would be clueless about what is going on. That might be the conundrum for Dean next season is maybe NOT telling her anything. Every time we had seen Mary as a spirit or illusion, her nightgown was bloody. This was clean.

So, I am assuming Sam is killed and goes into the Void. Cas was blasted to Oz so I'm not too worried about him right now. Crowley and Rowena just did their disappearing acts, so they'll be back. I like this Rowena and Crowley. Billie will reap Sam OR what I'm hoping is that Death is in the Void as well and will probably be instrumental in getting Sam out if he frees him as well.

What I didn't like was the cozy little ending for Chuck and Amara. While it gives them an opening to return at some point, which I'm sure they will, but the whole Darkness and Light thing shouldn't work with these two because they are back in each other's good graces and Amara looked very "happy." Where is the Darkness balance here? Death would be a good way to put the scales back into place.

Hopefully also the Mark of Cain is done with. This new chapter of the Men of Letters actually kind of annoyed me. Not sure what to make of it. It has the feeling of a spinoff, which I'm very meh about.

As far as JDM goes, he wants to return to the show, he's said it many times. With The Good Wife now gone, maybe his time is freed up more. I think with everything the CW has going on, money may be tight, but it would be a SMART investment in this 12-year-old series to spend on him especially as this anchor show is moving yet again to boost a new series. I think Dean is more a momma's boy than he thinks. There was also some level of closure with John ascending to Heaven and Dean especially got more closure than Sam. So it makes more sense, story-wise, to bring Mary back.

All-in-all a nice episode, although it wasn't season finale great, it was midseason cliffhanger great.....
              I am hoping that's the case. It'll make it interesting to see Dean trying to hide the fact that he is a hunter and has been pretty much all of his life, especially since he knows from the trips to the past how Mary feels about that idea. I actually think it'd be even more interesting if God and Amara wiped the memory of her death from Mary so the last thing she remembers is going to check on Sammy.

I'd be surprised if they did kill Sam and have it go like that, but it would be interesting. Oh, and the Men of Letters are the mortal versions of Angels, looks like. Elitist dicks.

I actually hadn't heard that about JDM. I knew the reason they wrote him off was because of money, but I wasn't sure if he wanted to come back or not. But yeah, they did sort of get closure with him and Mary makes more sense story-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                Interesting idea for a finale. Glad that Rowena is still alive. Her and God bonding over there children was a highlight for me.
                Crowley's expressions over that were hilarious....

Comment

I loved Jensen impersonating Ruth's accent....made the whole episode for me.

Comment

They could have been rubber bullets. I doubt she killed Sam. If I'm not mistaken, she wanted to take them both back to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes
                      They could have been rubber bullets. I doubt she killed Sam. If I'm not mistaken, she wanted to take them both back to the UK.
                      I agree. More than likely its something meant to subdue Sam. According to her dialogue there, the "old men" want Dean and Sam brought to them. Apparently, they're not impressed with the pair of "jumped up Hunters who have little idea what forces they are dealing with." As I said, they're the mortal version of the show's Angelic Host: elitist dicks.

It'll be interesting to see what happens since it might mean Supernatural is going somewhat international next year.....

Comment

I know Henry Winchester was quite disgusted that John raised his boys to be hunters....

I have always believed that the Campbells were the hunting family and the Winchesters were the "legacies." Very class-divided. Probably one of the reasons why Samuel opposed the relationship of Mary to John. This could also work into why Mary was brought back. There are at least 10 different reasons I have as to why she appeared. With the elitist dick's LOL now involved, that could present a problem for the boys.

So, they defeated the biggest bad of them all, God's sister, found God (Chuck), and saved the world again. To go back to human-ish baddies and dealing with the vast untapped story lines of the MoL and the original bloodlines going back to Cain and Able seems to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                          I know Henry Winchester was quite disgusted that John raised his boys to be hunters....

I have always believed that the Campbells were the hunting family and the Winchesters were the "legacies." Very class-divided. Probably one of the reasons why Samuel opposed the relationship of Mary to John. This could also work into why Mary was brought back. There are at least 10 different reasons I have as to why she appeared. With the elitist dick's LOL now involved, that could present a problem for the boys.

So, they defeated the biggest bad of them all, God's sister, found God (Chuck), and saved the world again. To go back to human-ish baddies and dealing with the vast untapped story lines of the MoL and the original bloodlines going back to Cain and Able seems to make sense.
                          *chuckles* Henry mentioned that certain hunters were entrusted with the secrets the MoL uncovered, and I would hazard a guess the Campbells are one of them. So it would make sense if Samuel knew that John was a legacy, if an untrained one, and didn't want his daughter around someone who could end up being an elitist snob. I always saw the Campbells as a rather down-to-Earth hunting family.

And I agree, they have a vast supply of possible storylines with the Men of Letters and the original bloodlines. Though (chuckles) I would suspect there's not much need for the Winchesters to be vessels for Michael and such. Because didn't Amara basically destroy Lucifer?

Comment

That woman from the Men of Letters who "shot" Sam looked familiar, I wonder if she's the same actress who recently played Valarie on Vampire Diaries. Anyhow, I seriously doubt Sam is dead. She probably shot the wall behind him to scare him and ultimately, convince Sam to leave with her back to England.

Comment

We mustn't forger, Lucifer is still out there. Cas said Amara cast him out somewhere. I think that he may play a pivotal role in the next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎