No announcement yet.

The flash - season 3 fanfic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flash - season 3 fanfic

My own version of Season 3 as a hobby, to fill in the wait for the real one starting. I don't know how far I will get; that depends on the feedback. Enjoy!

EXT. - ALLEN RESIDENCE, YEAR 2000 - NIGHT
    Having just arrived in the past Barry sees his future self fighting the Reverse Flash through the living room window. Future Barry races paast him, taking the child away from danger. Wasting no time, Barry speeds into the living room, tackling his enemy and pinning him to the wall. Nora watches, terrified yet amazed. What she hears is puzzling.'

MAN IN RED
    "You're not killing her; not this time. You're never killing her again!"

With a powerful punch, the yellow-clad man slumps to the ground, unconscious. Turning briefly, the scarlet-wearing man looks toward the bedroom of Nora's son, then addresses her. Still frightened, the would've-been victim screams.

NORA
    "Please, don't - don't hurt me!"

She witnesses his demeanor change, becoming more relaxed. He kneels in front of her.

MAN IN RED
    "Don't worry; you're safe. I'm not going to hurt you. I came here to save you."

Nora gestures toward the sleeping body of the man in yellow.

NORA
    "From him?"

The man in red nods, and suddenly starts to cry in spite of himself. He starts to remove his mask, then thinks better of it. Suddenly, Henry Allen enters the house, stunned at what lay before him. Rushing to Nora's side, he holds her...but she notices its all the red-wearing man can do, to keep from looking Henry in the eye.

HENRY
    "Are you all right, honey? I saw it all; it was impossible."

NORA
    "I'm fine, thanks to this gentleman. He appeared from nowhere, punched that man in yellow, and saved me."

Henry extends his hand, but the man in red doesn't take it. Instead, he disappears in a flash of yellow lightning...then returns holding Nora's young son in his arms. The parents gasp in shock, then embrace young Barry. Turning to his rescuer, the boy smiles.

YOUNG BARRY
    "Thanks, mister; you saved me and my Mom."

The man in red laughs, then addresses the boy.

MAN IN RED
    "Don't mention it, kid; you're all safe now. That's what matters."

Nora and Henry stand to their feet; she asks the obvious question first.

NORA
    "Who are you? The both of you?"

The red-clad warrior shakes his head.

MAN IN RED
    "That...is a very long and complicated story. The less you know, the better."

Unable to resist, Nora approaches and touches the hero's arm; he trembles.

NORA
    "Please, we deserve to know."

Sighing, the man in scarlet raises his hand in a surrender gesture.

MAN IN RED
    "Very well...but please understand this will not be easy to hear. I don't even fully understand it myself at times."

Nora and Henry both nod; the man in red points toward the still-unconscious man in yellow.

MAN IN RED
    "He is more dangerous than either of you can comprehend; I must find some place to hold him for now. After that, I'll return and provide some answers."

Turning toward the young boy again, the man in red speaks.

MAN IN RED
    "Be back soon...Barry."

Then, as if they never existed, both men vanish.

INT. - WELLS RESIDENCE, STARLING CITY - NIGHT
    Dr. Harrison Wells works late into the night...when suddenly, two other men appear before him. The first is clad in red, the other in yellow. Noticing the yellow one is unconscious and being supported, Wells presumes he's here for help. But before Wells utters another word, the red man speaks.

MAN IN RED
    "Your name is Harrison Wells, and I know you have theorized on dampening fields capable of containing people who can move faster than light. I need you to build one, for him."

WELLS
    "Who are you, and how do you know that?"

MAN IN RED
    "Its a very long story; please just know that I am a friend. I will keep him for tonight, but I need you to contact Christina McGee at Mercury Labs in Central City. I have already spoken with her about this. She is expecting your call."

WELLS
    "Why should I trust you?"

MAN IN RED
    "Because Tess Morgan doesn't need to lose you again. This man planned to kill her, but I prevented that. Please, doctor; I have come a very long way. This man is extremely dangerous, and the police can't hold him. I need that dampener, as soon as possible."

Both men vanish, and Wells stands aghast. picking up his phone, he dials Tess' number first.

WELLS
    "Honey, I'm sorry to wake you, but this is important."

TESS (V/O)
    "Harry, what's going on? You sound more hyper than usual."

WELLS
    "I was right; one of my theories has just been proven. I've had a very strange visitor; two of them, actually. I can't say more, but I need you to pack a bag and head for Metropolis. I'll meet you there when I can. Trust me."

TESS (V/O)
    "All right; just promise you'll explain this later."

WELLS
    "I'll do my best."

Ending the call, he then dials directory assistance, and is greeted by the operator.

WELLS
    "Mercury Labs in Central City, please."

INT. - ABANDONED WAREHOUSE - NIGHT
    Eobard Thawne awakens in a darkened room, greeted by a voice he despises.

MAN IN RED
    "Eobard Thawne; I let you live only because I refuse to become like you. Your connection to the Speed Force has been severed, and I have reclaimed Gideon. You will never hurt anyone else again; rest assured of that."

Before Thawne can object, he is rendered unconscious again by a single punch.
    Last edited by moviefan2k4; 05-24-2016, 10:48 PM.

THE FLASH: SEASON 3 FANFIC - CHAPTER 2

INT. - MERCURY LABS - DAY
    Harrison Wells enters the main doorway, and approaches the desk clerk.

WELLS
    "Dr. Wells; I have an appointment with Dr. McGee."

The clerk smiles, and gestures toward the laboratory door.

CLERK
    "Of course; she's expecting you sir."

INT. - DR. MCGEE'S LAB - DAY
    The medium-sized office space looks cutting-edge by the year 2000's standards, though we'd find it less so now. Still, Harrison's impressed, even whistling to himself. Suddenly, Dr. McGee walks in, and shakes his hand.

MCGEE
    "Dr. Wells; it seems we both had the same strange visitor last night."

WELLS
    "True, though hopefully not from another planet this time. Have you heard from him?"

Dr. McGee produces a cell phone from her lab coat, showing it to Wells.

MCGEE
    "He said to call him once you arrived."

Dialing, she then puts the phone to her ear.

MCGEE
    "He's here; now, you owe us both some explanations."

A brief pause ensues in the room, followed by a short burst of yellow lightning. The man in red stands before them. To them, he appears more clearly in the light of day. Harrison speaks first.

WELLS
    "Nice outfit."

MAN IN RED
    "Thanks."

MCGEE
    "For starters, would you care to tell us your name?"

MAN IN RED
    "That's complicated; for now, you may call me The Flash."

Clearly amused, Wells can't help but smirk and chuckle, more to himself than them.

WELLS
    "Sounds like something from my Dad's comic books."

MCGEE
    "Wells, you're not helping. Flash, where are you from?"

FLASH
    "That is also complicated. Suffice it to say, I come from a future which no longer exists."

In response to this, Harrison just nods, while Tina seems more surprised.

WELLS
    "I knew it; your remark about Tess last night..."

MCGEE
    "Who's Tess?"

FLASH
    "His fiancee."

WELLS
    "I sent her to Metropolis, so she'd be away from all of this."

FLASH
    "Wise move."

MCGEE
    "I'm sorry; can we go back for a moment? You expect us both to believe you're from the future? What year, exactly?"

FLASH
    "2016."

WELLS
    "And I take it from your restraint with details, that you've met both of us in that time?"

MCGEE
    "Harrison, please. Flash, don't answer that."

The Flash sits down, and calmly addresses them both.

FLASH
    "You must both understand what's at stake. Even though my previous time has been erased, another will take its place because of my actions here."

MCGEE
    "You're worried about a paradox."

FLASH
    "Exactly. I can say that I knew you both as brilliant scientists, but anything beyond that is off-limits. Of paramount importance though, is the building of that dampening chamber."

The Flash removes a small disc-shaped device from his pocket, giving Wells and McGee a warning.

FLASH
    "What you're about to see does not leave this room; understood?"

They nod, but McGee raises her hand first.

MCGEE
    "One moment, please."

Going to her phone, she calls the desk clerk.

MCGEE
    "Melissa, cancel the rest of my appointments until further notice. Seal the door to my office, and cut the security feed."

CLERK (V/O)
    "Yes, doctor."

She returns to Wells' side, and The Flash continues.

FLASH
    "Gideon, activate. Do not say my name."

Gideon's holoform appears, startling both Wells and McGee.

GIDEON
    "Good morning, sir; doctors, to you as well."

WELLS
    "A sentient supercomputer; amazing. We come up with this in 16 years?"

Before Gideon can respond, the Flash interrupts.

FLASH
    "Gideon, first thing until further notice. Block all information beyond the year 2016, unless personally overridden by me."

GIDEON
    "Confirmed."

FLASH
    "Secondly, I need the blueprints for the dampening chamber to contain speedsters. Please copy them in text form only, to Dr. McGee's computer."

Gideon's holoform shimmers briefly.

GIDEON
    "Transfer completed."

FLASH
    "Third, I need something potent enough to knock out our friend in yellow over the long term, until we can get him into the chamber."

GIDEON
    "Protocol violation; information restricted due to the year it was developed."

FLASH
    "What's the next best thing?"

GIDEON
    "Tetrodotoxin B, capable of slowing the heart rate to one beat per minute. It must be administered every eight hours. The subject will fully awaken six hours from now."

FLASH
    "Understood; please copy that formula for Dr. McGee as well."

Gideon's form shimmers again.

GIDEON
    "Done, sir."

FLASH
    "Thanks, Gideon; deactivate please."

Returning the device to his pocket, The Flash refocuses his attention on Wells and McGee.

FLASH
    "The man you both saw me with can not be permanently contained without that chamber, but the drug will help keep him sedated in the meantime. He wakes in under six hours, so I'll be back in five. Can you have a dose ready by then?"

MCGEE
    "If I do it myself, yes."

WELLS
    "I'll start examining the plans for the chamber. The sooner we get this done, my life's back to normal."

FLASH
    "Both your lives will never be normal again, in part because of me. I wish it were different, but there was no alternative. See you both in five hours."

Once again, he is gone. Harrison turns to Tina, and smiles.

WELLS
    "Shall we?"

Comment

Here's Chapter 3; I hope you all like it!

INT. - ALLEN RESIDENCE - DAY
      Nora Allen sits on a couch in her home's living room, while her husband Henry paces the floor. They both look somewhat dishevled, as if neither had slept much the previous night. Henry speaks first, more to himself but also to her.

HENRY
      "It was impossible...something that crazy...twice, no less. The lightning, the wind, the man in...red."

Nora notices he carefully avoided the word "yellow", and assures him.

NORA
      "Its okay, honey; I'm not going to break. Last night was horrifying, but it was also a miracle."

Henry raises his hand in surrender.

HENRY
      "No argument there, babe; I'm just having trouble understanding any of it. Who were they, anyway? And of all people, why us? Why you?"

At this, the yellow lightning returns, and the Flash stands before them both. His demeanor is still relaxed, yet cautious.

FLASH
      "Dr. and Mrs. Allen."

Looking around, The Flash sees their son isn't home. Nora picks up on this from him as well.

FLASH
      "Where's Barry?"

NORA
      "We sent him to Henry's parents' house, after you left. Does he need to be here for this?"

FLASH
      "No...its best he be kept from all of this, as much as possible."

HENRY
      "Who are you? Who was that man in yellow? Why did he want to destroy our family?"

At this, the Flash sighs.

FLASH
      "There's so much I want to say, but I can't. There's too much at stake, beyond the three of you. However, I will tell you what I can."

NORA
      "Will you show yourself to us?"

At this request, the Flash hesitates, but eventually nods.

FLASH
      "If it will help you to trust me, yes."

His mask now removed, Nora and Henry see their rescuer's face for the first time. Nora comments on his appearance first.

NORA
      "You look just like my father, when he was young."

HENRY
      "This keeps getting weirder. I don't know why, but I have the impression I've seen you before."

FLASH
      "You have, but again...its a very long story."

NORA
      "How much can you tell us?"

FLASH
      "Well, I have to be very careful...but the man who attacked you last night was named Eobard Thawne. He caused pain for me and many other people, several times over."

HENRY
      "And where is he now?"

FLASH
      "I'm keeping him unconscious for the moment, but some friends are working on a more secure way to hold him. He's too dangerous for the police."

NORA
      "Why could he move so fast? I've never seen anyone do that, besides you of course."

FLASH
      "That is also a long story...but I can tell you he's human. His powers come from science, more than magic...and so do mine."

HENRY
      "What happened to you?"

FLASH
      "We were both struck by lightning, combined with chemical reactions; it vastly changed our DNA. I was actually comatose for nine months, before my powers arrived."

NORA
      "I have a different question, about something you said last night. I heard you tell him, "You'll never kill her again". What did you mean by that?"

At this, the Flash hesitates again. He starts to speak, but stops. He's clearly worried about saying too much. Another few moments pass, and he goes ahead.

FLASH
      "I guess there's no other way to explain it than the truth - he's from the future. We both are."

HENRY
      "The future...as in, time travel?"

The Flash nods; Henry remains shocked, while Nora's more receptive.

NORA
      "In the future you come from...that man, he..."

She starts to tremble, but Henry grabs her hand to give support.

NORA
      "He killed me...didn't he?"

FLASH
      "Yes...but no longer. He will never hurt you again; I swear it."

HENRY
      "Why her? Why did he want to kill my wife?"

Another pause ensues, and the Flash shakes his head.

FLASH
      "I'm sorry, Dr. Allen; I can't tell you that. But it wasn't part of his original plan; he was after me. When that failed, he originally killed Nora in revenge. He knows I can't bear seeing innocent people suffer."

NORA
      "Hold on for a moment; this is a little confusing. Are you saying a future originally existed, where he succeeded in his vengeance and you failed to save me?"

This question triggers a memory, of Nora being stabbed while The Flash could only hide behind the living room door, powerless intervene. Coming to his senses, he nods.

FLASH
      "Yes. I failed the first time because I wasn't fast or determined enough. But when I learned more of what I could do, I knew last night had to be changed...and now it has."

HENRY
      "If I may ask...what happened to me and Barry in that future? Can you tell us any of it?"

FLASH
      "Time is a very fickle thing, Mr. Allen. I can say this much: you were both protected and survived. Your son was loved, and peace eventually returned to your lives. But for many, that wasn't enough; this tragedy could not be permitted."

Replacing his mask, the hero stands.

FLASH
      "And now, I must leave you both. I have continued business elsewhere, regarding Mr. Thawne's imprisonment."

Henry and Nora both stand, offering their hands to the Flash. He takes them, first Henry, then Nora...but a brief surge of electricity passes between him and the latter.

NORA
      "Thank you again...for everything. I only wish we could do something for you."

FLASH
      "You can give your son a message from me."

NORA
      "Of course."

FLASH
      "Tell him to be brave, and not give up. Tell him to keep fighting, and never stop running."

Then, he is gone; Barry Allen's family has finally been made whole.

Comment

Here's Chapters 4 & 5; enjoy!

Harrison Wells is hard at work, deciphering the instructions for Eobard Thawne's dampening chamber. Meanwhile, Tina McGee is putting the finishing touches on her first dose of Tetrodotoxin B. Suddenly, Wells shoves the papers in front of him off the desk in exasperation. Seeing this, Tina rushes to help him...but he just sighs loudly, clearly fed up with the whole situation.

WELLS
        "I can't get it out of my head, the idea of my future having been written for me. The Flash knows who we both become; doesn't that bother you in the slightest?"

MCGEE
        "Considering whatever originally happened to us has been erased, not really. I choose to see it as our being given a second chance. With his help, we may not make the same mistakes."

WELLS
        "Obsessed as he is with protecting time, do you really think he'll tell us anything significant? How are we supposed to make different choices now, being unaware of our earlier ones?"

MCGEE
        "I see your point...but we can't demand he reveal things that could endanger anyone else. There's simply too many variables...too much that's unknown."

Suddenly, the Flash stands before them again. Noticing some of Wells' papers on the floor, he speaks.

FLASH
        "Having trouble, Dr. Wells?"

WELLS
        "Only with you. I want to know why you're keeping so many secrets. I can't fix anyone else's future, while preoccupied with my own."

FLASH
        "I see. What do you want to know?"

WELLS
        "You said Dr. McGee and I were brilliant scientists, in the time you came from...but you're holding something back. Tell me, or I walk."

FLASH
        "You would risk tearing the fabric of time apart for everyone, just to satisfy your own selfish ambitions? I thought you'd be very different from the man who mentored me, doctor."

Stunned at this revelation, Wells sits down to keep himself from fainting.

WELLS
        "I...I mentor you? In the future...we work together?"

FLASH
        "Not exactly; its complicated. I didn't want to cause you any more pain than necessary."

WELLS
        "What happened? The first time, I mean."

Sighing, the Flash takes a seat himself; Dr. McGee sits by Wells, to offer her support.

FLASH
        "First, its imperative that you tell absolutely no one what I'm about to reveal. Knowledge of the future - even one rendered blank - could lead to similar decisions on your part, and cause those events all over again."

They both nod, and the Flash begins telling the little he knows.

FLASH
        "A short time from now, I'm not sure how long...you and Tess were killed in a car accident. The man in yellow caused it, to steal your identity and your work for his own purposes. Somehow, he made himself look and sound exactly like you...and in that disguise, he mentored me. I didn't even realize who he really was until more than a year after the lightning strike; it turns out he'd also masterminded that."

MCGEE
        "OK, so hold on; he looks like Dr. Wells under that mask?"

FLASH
        "No, I got to him this time...before all of that could happen. Of course, by telling you this, I have now influenced whatever choices you both will make over the next sixteen years. Both of these concerns are exactly why its so important, that we complete the dampening chamber in case his abilities come back. I can keep him sedated for now, but if a single dose is skipped he will awake...and I can't guarantee I'd be able to stop him from doing something even worse."

WELLS
        "Why not just take him back to 2016 with you? I know things have changed there, but..."

FLASH
        "Time is irrelevant to him; he's broken that barrier on many occasions, causing nothing but pain across many centuries. So far, I've been able to stop him on just one occasion...last night. I caught him by surprise, but I can't depend on that happening again if he escapes. Which reminds me..."

Removing Gideon's disc from his pocket, the Flash speaks.

FLASH
        "How long until our friend in yellow wakes up, Gideon?"

GIDEON
        "Approximately 12 minutes, sir."

Turning abruptly to Dr. McGee, he extends his hand for the toxin dose, but she refuses.

MCGEE
        "Its not ready; the final purification's still required."

FLASH
        "I'll handle that. Give me the vial."

She does, and he shakes it at a phenomenal speed. Receiving it back, Tina smiles.

MCGEE
        "I should've thought of that."

She places the drug in a syringe, and hands it to the Flash.

FLASH
        "Be right back; set an alarm for 7 hours. I want enough time to reach him if a second dose goes wrong."

He disappears, and a silent moment passes. Suddenly, he's back in the lab.

FLASH
        "He has the drug in his system, but we still need that chamber built, pronto."

Turning back to Wells, he offers a challenging proposition.

FLASH
        "Tell me, doctor; are you now ready to change your fate?"

The scientist nods, a look of renewed determination on his face.

WELLS
        "Absolutely. Tina, let's get to work."

INT. - WEST RESIDENCE - DAY
        Homicide detective Joe West sits on his couch, casually watching a sports game on TV...when suddenly, there's a knock at the door. Sighing to himself, he rises to answer it...and sees Henry Allen with a solemn expression. From his experiences both personal and professional, Joe can see the doctor clearly has something on his mind.

JOE
        "Henry; its been a short while. How's Barry and Nora?"

HENRY
        "Joe, I need to talk with you right away. Its important."

JOE
        "Is something wrong? Are they okay? You look a little pale, Henry."

Briefly looking past Joe, Henry then stares him in the eyes.

HENRY
        "Where's Iris?"

JOE
        "School, Henry; its Thursday. My first day off in a month."

Henry just sighs himself, wiping his face with his hand.

HENRY
        "Sorry, Joe - we had a very rough night. I need to tell you something, but I doubt you'll believe a word of it. I was there, and yet it sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone. May I come in?"

JOE
        "Of course; have a seat."

HENRY
        "Thanks."

Sitting on a smaller sofa not far from Joe's, Henry stammers a bit, not sure where to begin. Finally, he clears his throat, and tries to focus.

HENRY
        "Joe...Nora was almost killed last night."

JOE
        "What?! We've known each other twenty years, Henry; why didn't you call me? Is she all right?"

HENRY
        "She's good, Joe; just pretty shaken up. But it gets weirder...by leaps and bounds."

JOE
        "How so?"

HENRY
        "Its was about ten-thirty; Nora had put Barry to bed and I'd just returned from a shift at the hospital. But suddenly, I heard her scream and ran downstairs. That's when I saw it."

He stops, clearly hesitating to continue. Sensing the burden he carries, Joe places a hand on his friend's shoulder.

JOE
        "Go on - what did you see?"

HENRY
        "It was impossible, and yet 100% real. You won't believe me."

JOE
        "Henry, what happened to Nora? What did you see?"

HENRY
        "Lightning...inside the house. Two colors of it, red and yellow. Nora was trapped in the middle of it. Barry came downstairs, then he and the yellow lightning both disappeared. I ran outside for a moment, then heard Nora scream again. I thought she'd been hurt, or worse...but instead, the other lightning had gone, and two men were in my house. They were dressed in strange costumes, one each of red and yellow. The yellow one was knocked out against the living room wall, and the red one was comforting Nora. He brought Barry back a few moments later."

Taken aback by this, Joe avoids speaking for a few moments. His face says it all - he's not sure if Henry's gone crazy or truly believes what he's saying.

JOE
        "Okay, back up for a minute; you saw lightning, in your house? And, it was surrounding Nora?"

HENRY
        "I swear to you Joe, I'm not making this up. I wish I could explain it better, but I can't. All I know is some man in a yellow costume tried to kill Nora last night...and another one wearing red saved her."

JOE
        "Henry, you know I've never placed much faith in magic...and with you being a doctor, I figured that went with the territory. What you're describing...it had to be some kind of hallucination."

HENRY
        "I know enough about hallucinations, to realize that multiple people sharing the same one is exceedingly rare. What happened in our home last night was real; the man in red even came back this morning to give some answers."

JOE
        "What did he say?"

HENRY
        "This is even more nuts. He said he was from the future, and came back to stop the man in yellow from killing Nora. I know I sound like I belong in the psycho ward at Iron Heights, but..."

He stops, takes a moment to calm back down, then stares Joe right in the eyes.

HENRY
        "We've been friends for two decades, Joe. In all that time, have you ever known me to purposely invent something as insane as this? Even for a prank during our school years?"

Joe thinks briefly, then tells the truth.

JOE
        "In all honesty, no. I don't recall anything like that. But indoor lightning, time-travel; it sounds-"

HENRY
        "Impossible, I know. Before last night, I'd never have believed it from anyone else."

JOE
        "So why tell me?"

HENRY
        "Protection, Joe. The man in red said the man in yellow would never hurt us again...but I'm still scared out of my mind. I thought you and Iris should leave for a few days, in case he comes back. Nora and I are taking Barry away too, visiting Coast City for a week."

Sitting back, Joe thinks all of this through. His expression is one of stress and conflict.

JOE
        "Henry...did you at least get a name for Nora's attacker?"

HENRY
        "Yes, but...I don't know. He might not even be born yet."

JOE
        "I need that name, Henry. Let me run it through the database for a match."

Henry hesitates, but finally nods.

HENRY
        "The man in red said Nora's attacker was named...Thawne. Eobard, I think."

JOE
        "And the man in red? Do you have a name for him?"

HENRY
        "No, but something about him seemed familiar. Nora said he looked like her father as a young man."

JOE
        "I'll try to find out more on this Eobard Thawne. Meanwhile, look through some of your old photos; your rescuer could be in one of them."

HENRY
        "Thanks, Joe."

Henry then leaves; closing the door behind him, Joe sighs again to himself.

JOE
        "This city just reached a whole new level of crazy..."

Comment

Interesting so far. looking forward to see where this goes.

Comment

You've put a lot of thought and work into this. Keep it up!
            Last edited by Clada Max-El; 06-06-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Here's Chapter 6; it took longer than expected. I hope you all like it...

Its been approximately six hours; Harrison Wells and Tina McGee are running final tests on the dampening barrier. Meanwhile, the Flash has used his speed to assemble the chamber's framework. Given the 16-year gap in technology, the device is cruder than expected...in fact, little more than a transparent cube of metal supports with primitive force-field arrays. The lights have dimmed in Dr. McGee's lab, due to increased power consumption. Placing the final structures in place, the Flash then takes his place inside the cube.

FLASH
              "OK, you guys; let's make sure this thing works."

Typing on her computer, Dr. McGee announces her progress.

MCGEE
              "Activation sequence initiated; three, two, one..."

The dampening arrays fire, creating transparent "walls" around all four sides and the chamber's top. Satisfied, the Flash smiles briefly.

FLASH
              "Only one way to make sure this thing holds up; stand back, please."

Wells and McGee rise from their chairs, moving to the lab's furthest wall. The Flash races around the cube's inside, leaving his familiar trail of yellow lightning. Increasing speed to the point he's almost in two places at once, he throws some lightning at the cube's wall; it fluxes slightly, but holds in place. An alarm sounds on Dr. Wells' computer; he makes a somewhat disappointing announcement.

WELLS
              "That trick you just pulled drained the barrier's integrity by twenty percent."

FLASH
              "Can you bring it back up?"

WELLS
              "Not with the power being so low. We need a backup generator; I have one at my house."

MCGEE
              "How long to get you there, and back here?"

WELLS
              "About three hours...but with your help Flash, it could be done in half."

FLASH
              "I'll give you a lift; hang on tight."

Harrison braces himself, and both men vanish.

EXT. - WELLS RESDIENCE, STARLING CITY - DAY
              Arriving back at Wells' home, he and the Flash open the scientist's garage to retrieve the generator. Knowing there's not much time, Wells takes the opportunity to express his gratitude.

WELLS
              "I've never been the most sentimental man, except with Tess. That said, Flash...I want to thank you for saving us both. By stopping that man in yellow, you've made things much better; consider me in your debt."

FLASH
              "That's not necessary, doctor...but I appreciate the effort. If you want to thank me, do one thing: never place your work ahead of those you love."

WELLS
              "I take it my doppleganger had a rather obsessive personality, in the time you came from?"

FLASH
              "You could definitely say that. He was focused and driven, but also egotistical and ultimately psychotic. He could be charming at times, but in the end it was just a mask...no different from the yellow one he wears now."

WELLS
              "Except that it resembled my face."

FLASH
              "I've put an end to that; trust me. Once we get this generator installed, the cube should function properly."

Suddenly, Gideon's voice echoes from the Flash's pocket.

GIDEON (V/O)
              "Warning! Subject will awaken in 90 minutes."

FLASH
              "That's my cue; see ya back at Dr. McGee's."

Another burst of yellow lightning, and he is gone. Smiling, Wells chuckles to himself.

WELLS
              "I doubt I'll ever get tired of that."

EXT. - MERCURY LABS - DAY
              The Flash reappears back in Tina McGee's lab.

FLASH
              "Wells is retrieving the generator, and the cube's pretty much done. I need you to make another dose of that toxin; we have less than two hours before he wakes up."

Gideon's voice sounds from his pocket.

GIDEON
              "82 minutes and counting, to be exact."

MCGEE
              "No worries; I'll get right on it."

FLASH
              "Thanks; I'll be back in a few."

Then, he is gone again.

INT. - CENTRAL CITY POLICE HQ - DAY
              Joe West enters the precinct, dressed in street clothes save the gun holstered to his hip. He is greeted by the desk officer.

OFFICER
              "Hey, Joe; thought this was your day off."

JOE
              "Yeah, I just need to look something up on the database; got a tip from a friend."

OFFICER
              "No problem."

INT. - POLICE RECORDS ROOM - DAY
              Joe sits at a computer, looking through old case files. Puzzled, he mumbles to himself.

JOE
              "Roberts...Shipley...Thatcher...ah, here we go. Hmm; that's odd."

We see the computer's lit screen, revealing a single entry...

KEYSTONE CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
              HOMICIDE DIVISION
              RECORD OF INVESTIGATION
              APRIL 6, 1997
              VICTIM - THAWNE, ELIZA R.
              STATUS - DECEASED
              SUSPECT - THAWNE, ETHAN W.
              NOTES: WITNESS - THAWNE, EDWARD C. (SON) - ADOPTED

Comment

Did Flashpoint just effect something prior to Nora's death, or are you implying that Eddie's mother was murdered under similar circumstances to as Barry's the entire span of season 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Clada Max-El
                  Did Flashpoint just effect something prior to Nora's death, or are you implying that Eddie's mother was murdered under similar circumstances to as Barry's the entire span of season 1?
                  I've never read the Flashpoint story, so I'm completely making this up as I go. The file about Eddie witnessing his Mom's death was a deliberate reference to Nora, but I'm planning to spin it in a different direction. I just haven't worked out the details yet.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                    The file about Eddie witnessing his Mom's death was a deliberate reference to Nora, but I'm planning to spin it in a different direction. I just haven't worked out the details yet.
                    OK. That's what I thought you did, I was just checking. Keep it up, I'm enjoying it so far!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎