No announcement yet.

JSA roster speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantLord
    CAN Dr. Fate be a woman? Certainly. DC comics has established that technically anyone can put on the Fate Helmet...IF they can get it off the previous wearer first. Young Justice, for example, established that Fate himself is always VERY reluctant to "let go" of any host he deems fit/worthy of his spirit/powers. Also on a side but relevant note: Fate himself is always "male" oriented, no matter who wears the helmet. Women can wear the helmet, sure, but the spirit/god/what-ever that is Fate is always male. Just thought that should be made clear.
    Very interesting tidbit, thanks for sharing! I'm not a writer, but as a reader and viewer, seeing or reading about a female Dr Fate character who takes on a male spirit-god persona (or whatever it should be called; and however such "masculine" characteristics might manifest...) and how that character might behave differently or be portrayed differently compared to a male character who becomes Dr. Fate, might be pretty interesting, if done well of course

Comment

[QUOTE=Lipzo;8161373]
      Budgets permitting, Powergirl is probably a safe bet. I'm almost interested to see if she'd turn out to be an E-2 variation of Kara/Supergirl./QUOTE]

I could see Powergirl being shown if Supergirl gets a shorter season of if she's shown in the 4 way cross-over and only a couple of episodes after that due to the logistics of it all (presuming Supergirl ends up in Vancouver) but outside of that I don't really see it. It would seem extremely strange to not have the same actress for Powergirl as it is for Supergirl, they usually look the same bar the boobs so it would seem strange IMO
      Actually, they could easily end up using a Look-alike Actress for Power Girl without it cutting into Melissa Benoist's time on Supergirl. Any slight facial feature changes would be explained away by the fact that on some earths their counter parts end up having different hair colors, eyes, etc.

We could use Blake Lively as seeing she looks so much like Melissa Benoist and vice versa:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BEE66biCIAAY2TE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	6628590

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
        Other than those already mentioned like Dr. Fate, Jay, Rex, etc. ... I'd be also happy with people like Stargirl, some version of Wildcat or Alan Scott GL (assuming he's not going to factor in a future GL movie).

I agree that having too many speedsters on Team Flash would detract from Barry's uniqueness -- I support Jesse's move to E-2 -- but I'm more than fine with guest speedsters or speedsters on alternate Earths.
        Alan Scott has already been publicly declared "off limits" by WB, as it appears he will be included somehow in the Green Lantern feature. Also expect similar reasons to be used as to why we won't see Jay Garrik or any version of the Flash in the Justice Society. We got lucky with Flash once for his own TV show, don't expect WB to be so lenient with other "variations" of him from the multi-verse.

Comment

CAN Dr. Fate be a woman?
          Both Linda Strauss and Inza Nelson have worn the Helmet of Fate without Nabu being a backseat driver.
          But wasn't the Helmet hiding in Constantine's basement, along with Pandora's Box

Comment

How about:
            1. John Constantine- Just saw this guy, in my mind, in the Waverider or getting drinks with Mick...
            2. Nyssa Al Ghul

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎