No announcement yet.

JSA roster speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSA roster speculation

What characters do you think we will see as part of the JSA? Personally, I would love to see Detective Eddie Thawne come back as The Specter. Jay Garrick is a safe bet as a team member, and Power Girl is at least possible. Dr's Fate and Midnight would be good additions, but some of these names are to powerful for regulars, but would be good for guest starring roles.

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
    What characters do you think we will see as part of the JSA? Personally, I would love to see Detective Eddie Thawne come back as The Specter. Jay Garrick is a safe bet as a team member, and Power Girl is at least possible. Dr's Fate and Midnight would be good additions, but some of these names are to powerful for regulars, but would be good for guest starring roles.
    Had to google this "Midnight" character and appears to be male. Need some more female character suggestions. You've got 1 female, 4 males -- that kind of imbalance limits our shipping options (not of course that we couldn't also have some same-sex ships ...). For instance, can Dr. Fate be a female in this interpretation? like it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
      Had to google this "Midnight" character and appears to be male. Need some more female character suggestions. You've got 1 female, 4 males -- that kind of imbalance limits our shipping options (not of course that we couldn't also have some same-sex ships ...). For instance, can Dr. Fate be a female in this interpretation? like it or not!
      Anyone can wear the helmet of fate, so yes a female Dr Fate is certainly possible, and would probably be a good idea. I think a female version of Wildcat would work well, and would be a good replacement for Black Canary, who seems headed to the big screen. Stargirl was used on Smallville (I think), and could be used on this team. I also think the JSA would be a good fit for the Flash's Jessie Quick, if they go the Liberty Bell route.

Comment

Anyone can wear the helmet of fate, so yes a female Dr Fate is certainly possible, and would probably be a good idea. I think a female version of Wildcat would work well, and would be a good replacement for Black Canary, who seems headed to the big screen. Stargirl was used on Smallville (I think), and could be used on this team. I also think the JSA would be a good fit for the Flash's Jessie Quick, if they go the Liberty Bell route.
        Yes, seriously I do think I'd like to see a female Dr. Fate. Meanwhile now that I'm s/p googling on Wildcat, that was interesting to learn there was a female Wildcat, Yolanda Montez so I see where you're coming from on that one (which is not to say if there wasn't a precedent for a female version it couldn't have been tried anyway...). The only problem I might have w/ Jessie Quick from Flash coming over is that I haven't been overly impressed w/ the actress' acting skills so far. That was also kind of a problem for me w/ Kendra on LoT -- detracted a bit from her storylines for me.

Comment

Yes, seriously I do think I'd like to see a female Dr. Fate. Meanwhile now that I'm s/p googling on Wildcat, that was interesting to learn there was a female Wildcat, Yolanda Montez so I see where you're coming from on that one (which is not to say if there wasn't a precedent for a female version it couldn't have been tried anyway...). The only problem I might have w/ Jessie Quick from Flash coming over is that I haven't been overly impressed w/ the actress' acting skills so far. That was also kind of a problem for me w/ Kendra on LoT -- detracted a bit from her storylines for me.
          I agree Kendra was a very weak character, and I won't miss her now that she's gone. As for Jessie, yes she is a bit rough, but they can't leave her on The Flash if they give her speed powers. A show can have a villain with similar powers to the hero, but as far as Heroic speedsters go, There Can Be Only One. Perhaps Jessie could just go back to E2, just as long as Wells doesn't go with her.

Comment

I agree Kendra was a very weak character, and I won't miss her now that she's gone. As for Jessie, yes she is a bit rough, but they can't leave her on The Flash if they give her speed powers. A show can have a villain with similar powers to the hero, but as far as Heroic speedsters go, There Can Be Only One. Perhaps Jessie could just go back to E2, just as long as Wells doesn't go with her.
            True, I don't want Flash cluttered w/ a stable of speedsters, so yeah send Jessie somewhere else and leave Wells behind.

Comment

Well, I agree with you- I'm not a fan of the multiple speedsters angle, but why introduce a potential kid flash and Jesse quick otherwise?

Comment

well, having her go off to be in the JSA would be a good solution if the writers end up not knowing what to do with that many speedsters.

Comment

From Arrow;
                  - Thea. Remove her from Arrow and put her into the JSA as it's Archer. Similar to the role that Artemis played in Young Justice
                  - Vixen. No Justice Society/League is full without someone who can wield some type of magic so she'd be a perfect fit from there.

From Flash;
                  - Jessie. It seems apparent that she's going to be getting speed at some stage so it would work best if she was a part of that team. Crowding Flash wish multiple speedsters won't be a good thing, the show is about Barry and given how iconic he is I really don't want to see them try and bring other speedsters up through there.
                  The other option would obviously be Wally, but I think he has a lot of character growth required before he would be a good fit not to mention that the dynamic between Joe, Iris, Barry & Wally is actually starting to grow and become somewhat interesting so it would be a shame to remove them from there.

From LoT;
                  - Sara. I could see her taking the role that Black Canary played in Young Justice given her combat skills.

Newly introduced;
                  - Magic. If they don't go with Vixen then I would imagine it would either be Zatana or Dr. Fate. Most likely I would imagine that it will end up being Zatana as Dr. Fate is someone they are more likely to pull into the DCCU.
                  The other option would be to bring Constantine in if they could get the rights to him, that would certainly make things interesting though I don't see this happening as it would require a darker universe then they are creating.
                  - Strength. If we go with a Multiverse JSA then Supergirl would be the obvious choice or just her from the future and her ship for whatever reason landed much later on Earth 1. If it's not her then I wouldn't mind them bringing in someone like Aqualad. I can't imagine there would be an embargo against him and it would imply about Atlantis bringing in something extra to the TV universe.
                  - Brains. This one I really can't figure out who it would be.

Comment

We already had The Spectre on Constantine, now that its established it takes place in the Arrowverse, we need Jim Corrigan to appear on Arrow and LoT: Click image for larger version

Name:	4296948-8051391755-spect.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	6628589

Comment

CAN Dr. Fate be a woman? Certainly. DC comics has established that technically anyone can put on the Fate Helmet...IF they can get it off the previous wearer first. Young Justice, for example, established that Fate himself is always VERY reluctant to "let go" of any host he deems fit/worthy of his spirit/powers. Also on a side but relevant note: Fate himself is always "male" oriented, no matter who wears the helmet. Women can wear the helmet, sure, but the spirit/god/what-ever that is Fate is always male. Just thought that should be made clear.

Budgets permitting, Powergirl is probably a safe bet. I'm almost interested to see if she'd turn out to be an E-2 variation of Kara/Supergirl.

Also some safe bets: Midnight Man, Sandman, Specter (mostly because these guys don't have any solo movies in the works by WB so they aren't reserved like say Green Lantern who would otherwise also be a member).

Comment

[QUOTE=TyrantLord;8161363]Budgets permitting, Powergirl is probably a safe bet. I'm almost interested to see if she'd turn out to be an E-2 variation of Kara/Supergirl./QUOTE]

I could see Powergirl being shown if Supergirl gets a shorter season of if she's shown in the 4 way cross-over and only a couple of episodes after that due to the logistics of it all (presuming Supergirl ends up in Vancouver) but outside of that I don't really see it. It would seem extremely strange to not have the same actress for Powergirl as it is for Supergirl, they usually look the same bar the boobs so it would seem strange IMO

Comment

Rex Tyler
                          Mick Rory (it's implied that he's part of the group)
                          Earth-1 Kara Zor-El/Danvers (as Superwoman)
                          An older John Constantine
                          The Spectre (Corrigan, since he already exists on Earth-1)
                          A version of Dr. Fate (we saw the helmet in the Constantine series)
                          An older Vixen
                          Green Arrow (John Diggle, Jr. from a normal future where Star City wasn't overrun)

It doesn't make sense for Jay or Jessie to be involved unless Mick sent Rex across dimensions as well as through time.

Comment

@Dig

In regards to Kara how would you backstory that if she's part of E1. Her being there naturally implies Superman being there and if that was the case neither the Mirakuru in S2 of Arrow or Flash's existence should have been that much of a shcok to everyone.
                            Also given that E1 & E2 have the same looks then all other Earths would presumably have the same so logistically would it be possible for Melissa to be part of both shows?

Comment

Other than those already mentioned like Dr. Fate, Jay, Rex, etc. ... I'd be also happy with people like Stargirl, some version of Wildcat or Alan Scott GL (assuming he's not going to factor in a future GL movie).

I agree that having too many speedsters on Team Flash would detract from Barry's uniqueness -- I support Jesse's move to E-2 -- but I'm more than fine with guest speedsters or speedsters on alternate Earths.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎