Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four-way crossover with Supergirl, Legends, Flash and Arrow.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calista may not be around every episode, but she will be around.

This has been confirmed.

Comment

I'm hoping they just loose the multiverse part. I never liked it, she should have been in the same universe all along since Green Arrow and Flash will be apart of the Justice League with Superman.

Comment

Honestly, the idea of a shared universe is an utter joke at this point. On Arrow we see a nuke detonated in Havenrock and it isn't even brought up on the Flash. At the same time, Barry resets the timeline on the Flash and it has zero bearing on Arrow. But then again, these two shows weren't even in sync about Barry being powerless a few weeks ago, so I don't know what I was expecting.

It's farcical.

Comment

I've always felt that that each TV show should be their own thing anyway. Sure, Crossovers can be fun and they can live in the same universe but I prefer it when each city that the heroes live in is kind of self-contained, even if it wouldn't make sense in real life.

It honestly annoys me when the characters do shout-outs and stuff to another show that I don't watch often... like when the flash crew randomly praised Felicity for being such an awesome hacker and computer expert. *rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Honestly, the idea of a shared universe is an utter joke at this point. On Arrow we see a nuke detonated in Havenrock and it isn't even brought up on the Flash. At the same time, Barry resets the timeline on the Flash and it has zero bearing on Arrow. But then again, these two shows weren't even in sync about Barry being powerless a few weeks ago, so I don't know what I was expecting.

It's farcical.

You're assuming that the episodes of each series take place in the order in which they air relative to each other. Ifor the story order is different than the airing order, the problems you're citing disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
              You're assuming that the episodes of each series take place in the order in which they air relative to each other. Ifor the story order is different than the airing order, the problems you're citing disappear.
              At this point I don't think even the showrunners themselves know how parallel the 2 shows' timelines are. And that can only explain why Barry had his superspeed when he showed up for Laurel's funeral. The other two situations are world changing events that shouldn't be limited to one show. That said, I doubt the Havenrock bombing will ever be brought up on the Flash and I seriously doubt Barry altering the timeline will affect Arrow in any way (Amell even said as much in an interview).

IMO the producers can't have it both ways. The shows can't be on different time frames every week and then magically align perfectly when it's time for the annual fall crossover.
              Last edited by costas22; 05-26-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                ... Barry resets the timeline on the Flash and it has zero bearing on Arrow.
                This is where I think it's going to be interesting, going forth, with any cross-over that involves Flash & Arrow characters interacting. We really can't have characters from two different timelines interacting with each other as if it's business-as-usual without a giant WTF? on the part of the characters and the audience! Surely the writers give the audience enough credit for that (if not the characters)?

Now let's set aside the S4 Arrow- S2 Flash LoT crossover timeline reset, b/c at least in that reset both groups got reset together. And let's also set aside several of the "minor" time resets Barry has done that haven't really been shown to have much of an impact

So then up until the events at end of Flash S2 finale, let's call the timeline we've been watching Arrow & Flash in, Timeline1. So w/ the Flash reset, the Flash audience will begin watching Flash in Timeline2 going forth, while Arrow audiences will continue watching Arrow events in T1(assuming that Arrow does not go thru a reset to go along w/ Flash, which I highly doubt as I think it would already have been shown....).

Of course, prior to any upcoming cross-overs between the two (w/ or without LoT & Supergirl), it is possible I guess that they could roll-back or un-do Flash T2 events so that the Flash audience, during S3, returns to watching Flash in T1. At that point then, if the Arrow & Flash characters meet up in cross-over they'd be back in sync, both being back in T1.

But, if going forth and for the rest of S3 Flash, the Flash audience is going to be watching Flash in T2, then I guess one way to have them interact w/ Arrow characters would be to have them interact w/ Arrow characters from Arrow T2. That could be interesting b/c it would allow them to play around a little bit w/ what Arrow characters in an alternate timeline might be like. And they could do it in such a way that the audience KNOWS that this is Arrow T2 characters (kind of like 2046 Arrow timeline in LoT where audience kind of picked up some of the info they needed to know about what happened to Oliver et al. in the preceding years in that timeline, without the benefit of having a bunch of episodes prior to that laying the groundwork...)

Personally, I think it'd be easier to show a one-off Arrow T2 group of characters interacting w/ Flash T2 characters, than it would be to show Arrow T1 characters interacting with Flash T1 characters, if Flash viewers are currently watching Flash T2. The reason being: going back to Flash T1 and what might hypothetically be going on in that timeline (which Flash viewers are no longer watching) seems like it would be more restrictive and regressive, and also might require more effort and forethought into envisioning where the Flash characters would have journeyed in that timeline by that point in time (as if the T1 version of the Flash series were still going on, except none of us viewers had access to it...). In contrast, if they just wanted to jump into an Arrow T2 timeline for a cross-over w/ Flash T2, I think there'd be more room to be imaginative and playful and not worry so much about continuity that has previously been established in the T1 timelines for both shows.

P.S. Plus, if they would do a Flash T2 cross-over with a one-off group of Arrow characters from Arrow T2, then perhaps my greatest dream could be realized: an evil Felicity... Now THAT'S a cross-over I would definitely watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
                  This is where I think it's going to be interesting, going forth, with any cross-over that involves Flash & Arrow characters interacting. We really can't have characters from two different timelines interacting with each other as if it's business-as-usual without a giant WTF? on the part of the characters and the audience! Surely the writers give the audience enough credit for that (if not the characters)?
                  The only time we got a chance to see a shared timeline would be during the LoT crossovers, when the Savage-kills-all timeline happened and Barry went back in time to reset it. So essentially everyone except Barry died already and those now existing "cheated" this outcome in the brand new team-fights-Savage-to-a-draw timeline.

But after this? Barry has meddled with time more than a few times and this has not registered over on Arrow as far as I can tell. Speculation on my part, but Laurel's death could have been explained as Time balancing things out aka exacting a price or penalty for Barry's meddling. Too late for them to retcon this, with Laurel in the grave. Maybe they should have considered this angle (like they should have considered who was actually going into the grave before they hatched this 'Who's in the grave?' plot.).

P.S. Plus, if they would do a Flash T2 cross-over with a one-off group of Arrow characters from Arrow T2, then perhaps my greatest dream could be realized: an evil Felicity... Now THAT'S a cross-over I would definitely watch!
                  I think Earth-2 is the place where good is bad, left is right, up is down and ... yes, Felicity is likely a ruthless and foul-mouthed crime lord or techno-enhanced super-villain (some version of Bad!Atom?), always getting under the skin of Mayor Snart and police captain Mick. Ra's Al Ghul leads a global peacekeeping strike force, trying to thwart Bad!Ray's devious arms trading schemes. And of course Diggle is a cold-hearted mercenary for hire, one step ahead of ARGUS bounty hunter Andy.

Thea probably works for Ray as his femme fatale enforcer and aide-de-camp. Malcolm is probably the hipster mayor of Ivy Town, where his biggest problem is deciding where to approve the latest gluten-free community food market and put a limit on the viral spread of unlicensed hot yoga studios. Savage probably hosts a morning TV show (something like Ellen) and has cheesy banter with his house band Zolomon and the Zooms, while Kendra and Carter co-host a TMZ-like gossip tabloid show: 'Hawkin' the Dirt', with Roy as their scumbag correspondent who lurks around celebrity haunts to dig up the scoop.

And of course Kara would be a very bad girl. Both Danvers sisters actually. Don't care if it doesn't make sense, they'd have to be villainous and vampy doppelgangers on any Earth-2. What the heck, give Killer Frost a dip in an Earth-2 Lazarus Pit and bring her back too.

Comment

Shelby Kent, I think you are onto something about how they will explain this whole thing. The Flash will operate on a different timeline than Arrow will. My take on the whole thing was that Barry's action doesn't create a new timeline. It just alters the current one (evidenced by the 2015!Barry vanishing when 2016!Barry saves Nora). Which should mean that Arrow gets affected because Barry had played a crucial role in that show. But hey, given that the Arrowverse makes up time travel rules as it goes along, this will probably be their latest retcon to suit their needs: The Flash existing in somewhat of an altered universe. And yeah, it will be interesting to see if they we get any glimpses of Arrow characters on that timeline. Which might not be easy because the Arrow actors have a busy schedule and they don't have much time to work on the Flash as well. Unless we see people like Robert Queen, Moira Queen, Tommy Merlyn and Laurel Lance on Timeline 2. Evil Felicity wouldn't hurt of course.

Whatever the case, my gut feeling is that it will all be undone in time for the crossover. If they go into that event with different timelines, it could get awfully messy. Barry will probably restore the natural timeline at some point during the first 7 episodes of season 3. I just hope it doesn't actually happen in the premiere of season 3. It would suck if after a summer of speculation they didn't didn't run with this storyline for a few episodes.\

The Flash's comic con panel will be most interesting in terms of what kind of spoilers we get.

Comment

It's the BTTF idea, Barry will be the only person really affected. I believe that Arrow (as well as LoT and Supergirl) will continue to exist in the current timeline while Barry travels to the alternate universe. When he fixes his mistake he'll then be sent back to the exact moment he left like nothing happened. Hopefully, this will be a learning experiences for him.

Comment

It's possible that Barry's actions could affect the histories of the other series set on Earth-1 (both past and present), but they're not likely to have any effect whatsoever on any of the other worlds in the franchise's internal Multiverse.

Comment

A lot of people want a musical during the crossover.

Stephen Amell says it will never happen because he doesn't want it to happen.

"No. I'm out! I’m the first one. I get to draw the line, and I draw the line at musical."

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                            http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...show-crossover

A lot of people want a musical during the crossover.

Stephen Amell says it will never happen because he doesn't want it to happen.
                            A musical crossover would be a very bad idea. What would be a good idea would be a musical Christmas special not based in the Berlantiverse.

Comment

If any show gets a musical episode, it's going to be Flash; they have more of a musically gifted cast (and the creds to prove it) than any of the others series...

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 06-03-2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Most of Supergirl's main cast has experience in musicals.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎