Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "We Happy Few"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "We Happy Few"?

So, I have mixed feelings about this one. But let’s start at the beginning.

Chuck whammying Casifer so he can’t hurt the boys. Cool.

Casifer as sullen teenager, upset because Dad won’t apologize?

Rowena recruiting Cleo (cute—a reference to those old ‘dial a psychic’ lines and ‘Miss Cleo’?) to do a Time Travel spell? Though, if Amara did destroy the world, wouldn’t time itself end too? *brain starts to hurt*

Casifer and Chuck have a therapy session. Dean’s admission that he lies to Sam and says he’s sorry when he’s not all the time.
    “Enough from the peanut gallery”.

Chuck admits Lucifer was his favorite and that he did what he did because Luci couldn’t handle the Mark. They clear the air and everyone is cool again.

Chuck points out that he and Luci are not enough to beat his sister, that they had the other Arch angels last time. “Michael is in no condition to fight.” Fine, I get that, but couldn’t Chuck fix him? And I know time is tight (as he says shortly after when talking about ‘rebuilding’ Gabriel and Raphael—guess they both really are dead?) but still, he’s God. Doesn’t he, literally, have all the time in the world? Now it just seems like they can’t afford Jake Able or something in order to get Michael. It’s a game of Twister to keep him off the show and it’s starting to get ridiculous. (I can only hope that they are saving him for some sort of ‘saving throw’.)

Loved the recruitment scenes. Dean takes Crowley, Castiel goes to the angels and Sam tackles Rowena.

Dean admits he wants Amara gone but can’t do it.
    “Well, that got weird.”

Amara kills poor Donatello (shortest time as prophet ever?!), goes to Kansas and the Bunker and then makes her way to the others.

Where we find out that Sam volunteered to take the Mark. No one thought of that little detail when they were talking about locking Amara back in? That someone would have to wear the Mark? Dean might have just assumed that he would wear it but still…

The other witches all get killed quickly. Also, can I take a moment to say big time kudos to whoever has been handling Ruth/Rowena’s style? Hair, make-up, wardrobe, all fabulous! I also loved how Amara wasn’t fooled for a second.

Next up, the angels. And then the demons take a crack. They all really seemed to do a number on her and it looked like she was finally going to be beaten. Chuck and Amara have their showdown and truths come out.

Then, the tables turn. And Amara takes out Lucifer (killing him?) and breaks God. Then vows to destroy the world. And leaves.

Um, okay. Also, what was Rowena looking at outside? We never saw. Wait, what?

So we spent some time gathering the forces of good and evil to fight the Darkness, they seem to have her beat, then suddenly and abruptly she freaks out about going back into the Cage and has the strength to defeat her brother? Wait, what? I guess fear could have given her 'incentive' enough to summon extra strength to beat him but still...
    10--Better than an apology from Chuck
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than letting Crowley be King of Hell again
    0%

I was pretty glad when this episode ended. You know at first, I thought I was going to enjoy the Amara/Darkness story. Yeah, that's not the case.

This show doesn't need another season.

Comment

The show has been subpar for many years now. I have no idea why it's still so popular.

Comment

i actually loved the episode. Amara really has been built up to be a force, and killing Lucifer just cemented it even further. God will be back most probably. Amara was willing to die, even mentioned how she was begging to die while she was locked away. But when she saw it wasn't happening, but she was going back, it was a do or don't moment, having basically everything to lose there. My only issue was Lucifer reacting far too late when she grabbed Chuck by the throat. I mean, he was the best soldier heaven had to offer, but he looked like a complete amateur in that situation. Otherwise, it was a really fun episode. Can't wait for the finale. Hope it tops this.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
          The show has been subpar for many years now. I have no idea why it's still so popular.

Because at one time, it was great and it still could be. It's just taken some wrong turns.

Comment

I am going to wait until next week's finale before I really like or dislike this episode. I might have to watch it again too because it felt rushed to me. I know I really did like the combined effort between witches, demons, angels, and God, although that's one of the problems. I know Sam and Dean were kind of instrumental in pulling this all together, and Sam was going to take the Mark and all, it just....fell flat when Amara "killed" God....maybe he decided to go with his plan and sacrifice himself, but that is the coward's way out IMO and not at all Godly. It all seemed too easy too. So now the demons have yet again done what Crowley wanted and poof....nuthin. Same with the angels. Witches are probably all gone, except for Rowena. Crowley is MIA out of his meatsuit. Casifer is well, not sure if both are dead or just one?

And I am really getting annoyed with the "Michael is no use to us..." stuff. Come on. God can create the world in six days, resurrect Cas I don't know how many times and he can't bring Gabriel and Raphael back?

Okay with the whole dark and light, good and evil, ying and yang stuff. But I have a VERY bad feeling about what's coming with Amara and Dean. PLEASE don't have Dean be the Darkness and Sam the new God. I can really see them trying to do that.

Again, will wait and see what the finale brings, but I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed.

Comment

It's probably been retconned but wasn't it established at some point during the series, since Season Five, that Death was older than God? How does he fit into this? I know he is supposedly dead but he doesn't even get mentioned...

I'm not very impressed with how they have characterised God on Supernatural.

I do find Amara interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                It's probably been retconned but wasn't it established at some point during the series, since Season Five, that Death was older than God? How does he fit into this?
                According to Death neither he nor God can remember which of them is older.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎