Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy Carver leaving as Showrunner. Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb tapped.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Carver leaving as Showrunner. Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb tapped.

The rate that this show changes showrunners causing tectonic shifts in it's direction are actually quite alarming. This now makes for 4 different show runners in the last 6 seasons. Thats more than Doctor Who has had in 10 for comparison.

Obviously Robert Singer has been around for a long time on the show and knows what's what but he is also the guy who brought us Lois and Clark. He has written 3 episodes and directed close to 2 seasons worth over the run of the show. So I am not so scared by his naming.

While Andrew Dabb wrote the amazing Dark Side Of The Moon episode some of his other offerings are some of the worst episodes in the show that have provided for some of the more annoying continuity errors ever. So that kind of breaks me down a bit and almost makes me hope that 12 is it. It's gotta be right?

I am hoping Kripke still has some influence on the show, but I feel less concerned with Singer being the showrunner, but I thought I would never say this, I am hoping that 12 is the last season

I love this show dearly, but I honestly think that bringing in God (whether Chuck or not) was the last thing they could do. They still have A TON of plot holes to fill, and I'm glad they addressed the Kevin/Prophet hole last week. Sad to see him go so quickly though. But, heck, it's God right? I guess with him in the Veil no other prophet could step up....okay, I guess I buy that.

And they MUST address Michael and BEFORE the season finale....I'm not sure what the issue is. Michael has been played by two different actors, so maybe they're trying to figure out which one to recast to play the role? Hopefully we see Pellegrino again, but Misha is really doing an outstanding job with this.

But yet, let season 12 be the end and go out on the way that J2 want....leave it up to them to decide how.

Comment

I have to say, while the Castiel actor really does a great job at portraying Lucifer, I still ultimately think that Pellegrino nailed it. And should have been the Lucifer actor for the entire season. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
        I am hoping Kripke still has some influence on the show, but I feel less concerned with Singer being the showrunner, but I thought I would never say this, I am hoping that 12 is the last season

I love this show dearly, but I honestly think that bringing in God (whether Chuck or not) was the last thing they could do. They still have A TON of plot holes to fill, and I'm glad they addressed the Kevin/Prophet hole last week. Sad to see him go so quickly though. But, heck, it's God right? I guess with him in the Veil no other prophet could step up....okay, I guess I buy that.

And they MUST address Michael and BEFORE the season finale....I'm not sure what the issue is. Michael has been played by two different actors, so maybe they're trying to figure out which one to recast to play the role? Hopefully we see Pellegrino again, but Misha is really doing an outstanding job with this.

But yet, let season 12 be the end and go out on the way that J2 want....leave it up to them to decide how.
        I'm praying that some of these plot holes and stories start wrapping up with in the next couple episodes left this season and then next season so it can end. This show needs and DESERVES an actual, decent ending.

Comment

We have also lost Robbie Thompson.....that's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
            http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...for-frequency/

The rate that this show changes showrunners causing tectonic shifts in it's direction are actually quite alarming. This now makes for 4 different show runners in the last 6 seasons. Thats more than Doctor Who has had in 10 for comparison.
            This makes it sound worse than it really is, considering the first one of those four did it for five years and we're entering season 12. That's not crazy. And they're not bringing in someone new. It's two people very familiar with the show, one of them from day one.

Obviously Robert Singer has been around for a long time on the show and knows what's what but he is also the guy who brought us Lois and Clark.
            Not sure what that's supposed to mean really. He was a producer on the show but didn't "bring us" it. It was created by someone else and he became showrunner in the 2nd season (which was far better).

For its time, it was fine. Seems strange to bring up a show from the mid 90s at this point.

While Andrew Dabb wrote the amazing Dark Side Of The Moon episode some of his other offerings are some of the worst episodes in the show that have provided for some of the more annoying continuity errors ever.
            Dabb has done a lot more good than bad but yeah, the continuity episodes in "Bloodlines" and "Stairway to Heaven" were awful.

Comment

And they MUST address Michael and BEFORE the season finale....I'm not sure what the issue is.
              They already addressed him. I'd like to see him too but throwing another character in right now isn't really needed.

If show continues to be great, I'm okay with it going on.

And J2 may not want it to end at 12 either.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeoVGM
                This makes it sound worse than it really is, considering the first one of those four did it for five years and we're entering season 12. That's not crazy. And they're not bringing in someone new. It's two people very familiar with the show, one of them from day one.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean really. He was a producer on the show but didn't "bring us" it. It was created by someone else and he became showrunner in the 2nd season (which was far better).

For its time, it was fine. Seems strange to bring up a show from the mid 90s at this point.

Dabb has done a lot more good than bad but yeah, the continuity episodes in "Bloodlines" and "Stairway to Heaven" were awful.
                Umm no, that is pretty bad dude. Kripke saw through the first 5 seasons. Since then in almost as many seasons we have had 3 sets of show runners. To give you an example The West Wing went for 7 seasons and after Sorkin left unexpectedly at the end of season 4 of that show John Wells stayed with it for 3 seasons and saw it through to the end.

TO give you another example Doctor Who has had 2 showrunners in 10 years. And both of those show runners have saw their respective story arcs through. In Supernatural that doesn't happen. People just leave things dangling and that makes for terrible televisions because the tail ends up wagging the dog. If you can't see that then there's really no helping you. I don't understand why people like you excuse this show for no logical reason.

The person who produces a show is someone who brings you it. I don't really care to debate the finer points of television lingo with you tho so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And I don't really see what you think is so strange about my comment on Lois and Clark either. I liked the show and I like him. I don't know what the point of you being a knob about it was either and I only care as much to tell you and then we can move on.
                Last edited by waynedeath1047; 05-16-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                  I have to say, while the Castiel actor really does a great job at portraying Lucifer, I still ultimately think that Pellegrino nailed it. And should have been the Lucifer actor for the entire season. Oh well.
                  well said, was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes
                    well said, was thinking the exact same thing.
                    While Mark Pellegrino is the ultimate Lucifer (and I have not watched that show), I highly doubt that the boys would be so anxious to rescue him from Amara if he was not possessing Cas. I know they need Lucifer's help to put back the Darkness, but perhaps Mark was not available for more episodes than he already has been in this season. My hope is that Mark is able to return to Lucifer for the rest of the run and/or into next season. Misha is doing an outstanding job.

I have always believed that Cas was/is actually an archangel and certainly one of God's favorites. The merging of Lucifer into Cas might turn out to be the weapon that defeats Amara without God's help or Michael's. If Michael was able to "join the party" that could work as well if Michael's other vessels were not possible due either to commitments or design.

Comment

While Mark Pellegrino is the ultimate Lucifer (and I have not watched that show), I highly doubt that the boys would be so anxious to rescue him from Amara if he was not possessing Cas. I know they need Lucifer's help to put back the Darkness, but perhaps Mark was not available for more episodes than he already has been in this season. My hope is that Mark is able to return to Lucifer for the rest of the run and/or into next season. Misha is doing an outstanding job.

I have always believed that Cas was/is actually an archangel and certainly one of God's favorites. The merging of Lucifer into Cas might turn out to be the weapon that defeats Amara without God's help or Michael's. If Michael was able to "join the party" that could work as well if Michael's other vessels were not possible due either to commitments or design.
                      Forget Michael, I'm still hoping God brings back Gabriel/The Trickster, if he's not already still alive all along (I still think he faked his death twice in the episode Lucifer supposedly "killed" him). But I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

Comment

What's the odds that this show ends (in season 12, 13 or whenever) that they somehow mention, meeting, or have some kind of closure John and Mary (as in they are ok, etc)? Am I the only one that cares about that? lol

That's really what this show was all about. Mom died and they wanted to get justice while also hunting/getting rid these things(evil/demons,etc).

Comment

Apparently, joining the mass exodus are 3 more writers for the show--Nancy Won, who is moving over to "Frequency" (rumor has it Ben Edlund himself brought her on board that show!), Eric Charmelo, and Nicole Snyder.

The last two tended to write as a team so with one leaving, not surprised the other would as well.

But makes you wonder...I mean, that leaves Dabb, Ross-Leming/Buckner and the new writers now. Oh and Robert Berens, always forget about him.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎