No announcement yet.

Who will die?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will die?

From Promos and promotional photos we've seen, it appears that someone will die in either Episode 22 or the Finale. I am starting this thread to discuss who that will be.

From comments I have seen on other sites, the most likely candidates for a death appears to be Henry Allen, Joe West, and Caitlin Snow. I will now discuss these three candidates and why or why not I think they will be the ones to die.

Henry Allen seems to be top on everyone's list. If Henry dies it would have a huge impact on Barry, especially after coming to terms with his mother's death in episode 21. Even though I'd rather see Henry die than anyone else, Henry's death, just like Zoom kidnapping Wally, doesn't make much sense. Zoom doesn't know who Henry is. He's never met Henry before (Earth-1 Henry that is, for those who believe some version of Henry Allen is the man behind the mask), and if Team Flash plays it smart, Zoom never will learn who Henry is.

Since I mentioned the Iron Mask theory about Henry, I suppose even if the "normal" members of Team Flash stay hidden while the super member(s) of the team take out Zoom's army, Zoom could still catch a glimpse of Henry and recognize him as a version of the man in the mask, and kill him because of that.

My point is, aside from the Man in the Mask theory, unless Henry gets hurt somehow and Barry calls him "Dad" in front of Zoom, I don't think Zoom will have much reason to kill Henry. I suppose he could pick a random citizen to kill, which just so happens to be Henry, and that would make sense. Henry's death just doesn't seem logical to the story-line.

Although I personally do not want to see Joe die, Joe's death would make a huge impact on Team Flash. Nearly everyone sees Joe as a father figure, and his death might push Wally even further on his way to becoming Kid Flash (or Impulse, or whatever they'll call him). Zoom knows the relationship Joe has with the team, and if he were to choose someone to kill as an "example," Joe would certainly affect the most people.

The final death candidate on my list is Caitlin. In episode 21, we saw Zoom give Caitlin a choice: Stay with me, or rejoin your friends and die. Unless something drastically changes in episode 22, Caitlin's character wouldn't allow her t
    o join Zoom, so it seems she will either publicly rejoin her friends or pretend to stay with Zoom while secretly helping Barry, Cisco, and the rest. Either way, Zoom would find out Caitlin's intentions, and make due on his threat.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with my analysis? Who do you think will die?

I am going to go with Iris, to me they are building up this relationship that will be torn away when she dies. Would make for an emotional ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
      I am going to go with Iris, to me they are building up this relationship that will be torn away when she dies. Would make for an emotional ending.
      The writers better not be stupid enough to kill off another canonical couple.

I think it will either be Henry or Harry.

Everyone thinks Henry because he is staying in Central City.

On another site we thought it would be cool if every season they introduce a new version of Harrison Wells only to have him killed off in the finale of each season.

Comment

Henry sadly

Comment

I'm going with Harrison Wells in order to save Jesse. We're finally seeing Jesse Quick get set up and so I think Harry will die to protect her and that will be the final redeeming act to prove to his daughter that he will go to any length and that he's not a monster. This will also give Jesse Quick her own tragic beginning as a hero.

Comment

Henry or Joe, probably.

Comment

I would imagine that Henry dies, so JWS can be the man in the mask, the real Jay Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                I would imagine that Henry dies, so JWS can be the man in the mask, the real Jay Garrett.

Sorry to be that guy but it's Jay Garrick.

Comment

Originally posted by pside15
                  Sorry to be that guy but it's Jay Garrick.
                  If you're talking about Zoom, yeah he's gonna die too.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                    The writers better not be stupid enough to kill off another canonical couple.
                    Well in the comics Iris did get killed and brought back. So if they do kill her it may not end up being like on Arrow.

Comment

I, too, think it will be Henry. For one thing, why is he going to stay now so far into the storyline? But, to address your note about Zoom not knowing Henry, one of the promos/photos for the episode shows Zoom standing at the board in Barry's lab where Barry displayed clippings and notes about his mother's murder and Henry is prominent there. There could be some notes by Barry on how he wants to release his father from prison with maybe a note about Henry's final innocence. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                        If you're talking about Zoom, yeah he's gonna die too.

No, I was correcting you. That was what I was saying sorry for. His name is Jay Garrick, not Jay Garrett like you had previously posted.

Comment

Well, I was dead wrong. And it ended up making sense. Bravo, Flash writers! Still my favorite show.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎