Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Emancipation"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Emancipation"?

So this episode was very up and down, for me.

The Civil War tie in. I haven't seen the movie yet so, while I was glad they did tie it in, being spoiled about Peggy's death was not cool.

Talbot being shown around the base. Yeah, cause that was always going to end well. *rolls eyes*

The Avengers signed off on the Accords (but not Steve, apparently)? Again, would have been nice to have a bit more clarification for those of us who haven't seen the film yet.

Name dropping "Secret Warriors".

Lincoln saying he'll register if Talbot gets him out of there.

Hive catching the dudes following James (who still strikes me as a poor man's Gambit).

Lincoln escaping, taking down Mack, only to have it revealed it was all a bait and switch? Okay, that was pretty cool. I did not see that coming and I like that they finally had Lincoln be a 'good guy'.

Lash vs. Hive. A bit underwhelming but we got our deus ex machina for Daisy being cured of Hive's "sway".

James killing Lash. That was...abrupt. He seemed a pretty unkillable inhuman before, now he's just taken out like that? Um, okay.

Mack gets given the cross from Elena (thus perhaps making him 'the one' that Daisy saw in her vision).

As I said, very up and down for me but the twist with Lincoln was cool and I did enjoy FitzSimmons stuff in this episode. Do feel like Lash was killed too easily and the Talbot stuff was rather unnecessary.
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

The poll is expired.

In terms of MCU direct tie-ins to AoS, I would say the best one was the HYDRA connection/Ward's heel turn via CA:TWS. This ep. was good at linking to CA:CW -- it was done better than the weaker AoS tie-in to Thor:TDW, where they were basically picking through the collateral damage for tech scraps.

[I liked CA:CW better than TWS.]

Talbot was basically doing the gov't's job in taking stock of what super-powered beings may/may not be with SHIELD as part his obligations under the Accords, and Coulson and Co. struggling with the need to abide by the Accords vs. looking out for their Inhuman friends would seem to be the main CA:CW connection.

I think Peggy's death was a pretty big movie spoiler for the show to blurt out this soon, one that could just as easily have emerged in the next ep. (I think one week after the movie premiere date would have been the optimal time to begin doling out more spoilery movie info. At that point, it would be safer to assume the Marvel diehards would have gone to see it by then.) Since next week is the finale, this could be the only reason they opted to bring up Peggy's death now. This info may have gotten lost among everything that will happen in the finale.

The twist with Lincoln actually being on Team Coulson all along was pretty cool. I'm actually relieved it wasn't just Linc trying to rekindle whatever he had with Daisy. It was an unexpected turn from 'oh-so-predictable' to 'whoa, plot twist!'

Lash seemed to be defeated a bit too easily. It might have been better had Hive himself done the deed, instead of one of his Inhuman lackeys.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
      The twist with Lincoln actually being on Team Coulson all along was pretty cool. I'm actually relieved it wasn't just Linc trying to rekindle whatever he had with Daisy. It was an unexpected turn from 'oh-so-predictable' to 'whoa, plot twist!'
      I agree. I sort of sighed when it appeared as if Lincoln was defying Coulson again. To have him turn out to be working for him all along? nice.

Comment

Hold on - now that CW has been released, and since the MCU movies often tie in at some level with AoS - could the fallen agent be referring to Peggy Carter ?

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
          Hold on - now that CW has been released, and since the MCU movies often tie in at some level with AoS - could the fallen agent be referring to Peggy Carter ?
          I suppose it's possible but the graphic for "Fallen Agent" always shows Skye/Daisy, so I think it's referencing her. (though she's not 'fallen' anymore, now, after this episode of course.)

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎