Lois Lane: Fallout (Young Adult)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois Lane: Fallout (Young Adult)

Hi,

by chance I stumbled over these two novels by Gwenda Bond: Lois Lane: Fallout & Lois Lane: Double Down.

I have not read them (yet) but they sounded intriguing, so I ordered them and I just wanted to let you know that they exist.

I will give a short review once I've read them.

Here's an EW article also mentioning the books: Lois Lane: 7 depictions that defined the character (found via this Facebook CLOIS fan page)

Comment

I finished reading Fallout a few weeks ago (I'm still an avid reader and have finished Daniel Friedman's Don't Ever Get Old after that - recommendation for that one, too!)

It's a good take on Lois that I've enjoyed reading. Clark is "just" an eMail buddy who never appears in person though his presence can still be felt.

But this book is about Lois' early years (late teen) and it treats the character respectfully both in itself and to the source material. The story is an actual novel and not a comic book issue written down and while it is still more grounded (the fictional world is more in the direction of real-live TV adaptions like Lois & Clark or Smallville than the more exotic world of the original comics) but of course it does have fantastical elements like the mind-altering machine that's at the core of the plot.

Give it a try!

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

It sounds like a good read. I'll see if I can find it here.

Comment

I read the first one but I wasn't even aware that the second was out. I'm eager to read it. The third book is on its way in May 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
            I read the first one but I wasn't even aware that the second was out. I'm eager to read it. The third book is on its way in May 2017.
            Yay!

But I will wait for the softcover. I have the first two as softcovers and being a sort-of collector of stuff I like my stuff consistent if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎