View Poll Results: What

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Awesome

    1 4.55%
  • 9

    2 9.09%
  • 8

    2 9.09%
  • 7

    2 9.09%
  • 6

    2 9.09%
  • 5

    2 9.09%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - Burn this episode and that Olicity fern too while you're at it

    11 50.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67
  1. #16
    Settling In
    Join Date
    Dec 12
    Posts
    70
    Interesting that the ratings dropped. I honestly thought it was one of the better episodes of late. Mainly because we didn't have any flashbacks. Not sure about anyone else, but I've thought the flashbacks have just slowed everything down this season. I don't really care about Oliver's time away anymore. More air time for all the characters when they're not there.

  2. #17
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by smllvllfn View Post
    Interesting that the ratings dropped. I honestly thought it was one of the better episodes of late. Mainly because we didn't have any flashbacks. Not sure about anyone else, but I've thought the flashbacks have just slowed everything down this season. I don't really care about Oliver's time away anymore. More air time for all the characters when they're not there.
    Nobody knows how the episode would be before it airs. So if the ratings drop it usually has something to do with what happened the week before.

    Not always thought it might also be episode descriptions or previews for the next episode.

    If the ratings drop during the episode it is definitely something that people don't like in the episode.

  3. #18
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    The Diggle/Lyla stuff was great, the Oliver stuff was appalling.

    The most irritating thing for me is that Oliver is known as the hero that is normal. Yet this episode, he is anything but.

    This is one of the few episodes with no flashbacks and whilst I do love me some Jimmy Akingbola, it certainly helped the episode.

  4. #19
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    *chuckles* So, the ratings did drop after the send-off episode for Laurel after all.... I guess he never thought that people might consider the funeral episode as the send-off one....

    I can't wait to see how things play out in the next few weeks as far as ratings go....
    Me neither. This should be fun.

  5. #20
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The most irritating thing for me is that Oliver is known as the hero that is normal. Yet this episode, he is anything but.
    The reason why I selected that is because of well it has been me biggest concern since they started bringing in magical and Oliver getting his tattoo that I'm like I really hope they don't go down the road of giving Oliver mystical powers. The tattoo being a one off thing is fine, I'll buy that but now I'm very concerned this will make Oliver's normal status go downward.

  6. #21
    Chlark Addict BkWurm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post

    6/10. Decent development of characters all around, but still a bit too much fan service for my tastes and I don't like how Felicity basically invited herself along and continues to do things that show her as an irresponsible CEO. I'm sure Olicity fans find the whole thing where she charges it all to the corporate accounts and taking the corporate jet as 'funny' and 'quirky', but if you take a look in the news, plenty of CEOs and other company officials get their butts reamed out over doing stuff like that (using company funds/vehicles for personal projects). To Mr. Dennis, it would look like a woman desperate to re-establish a relationship with her ex. We know it isn't, but to the outside? Especially when said ex's family are the FORMER OWNERS of the company?
    Felicity invited herself along because Oliver was doing his stoic must face the danger on his own brooding thing. He didn't fight her on it though.

    Felicity specifically said she got the rooms on "points" so no corporate funds were used on that and I'll hand wave the jet because they needed not to be beholden to airline schedules to make it back to save Diggle, not to mention that when Oliver was CEO he used the corporate jet to go to RUSSIA. At least Hub city is much closer. And while Mr. Dennis is furious, doesn't mean that she wouldn't cover the actual costs since it was for personal use. Mr. Dennis is the dude that gets furious because she wasn't standing while she gave her presentation while paralyzed so his anger only makes me support her actions more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
    Felicity really had no business tagging along to the casino...also her wits still annoy me. She's not Ollie's gf anymore so knock it off with the its me I'm not anyone else bs. Liked how Ollie's light wasn't just Felicity but thea, diggle and Laurel...liked the episode mostly
    Without Felicity tagging along he wouldn't have even gotten the meeting with Lady Fortuna. And Felicity is looking out for Oliver when Oliver isn't looking out for himself. When it comes to his emotions, Felicity would be the one that knows him best and therefor won't be brushed off with deflection. The show has made it clear that they didn't stop loving each other after the break up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    The Diggle/Lyla stuff was great, the Oliver stuff was appalling.

    The most irritating thing for me is that Oliver is known as the hero that is normal. Yet this episode, he is anything but.

    This is one of the few episodes with no flashbacks and whilst I do love me some Jimmy Akingbola, it certainly helped the episode.
    The magic things doesn't bother me so much because it's not like he's wielding magic, he's just neutralizing what Darhk is tossing at him. It's IMO not so different than finding and destroying the Idol that DD used. He's leveling the playing field by utilizing the tool (the tattoo) that Constantine gave him.

  7. #22
    Forum Regular Arrow_47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    113
    Oh my goodness, what a wonderful episode for a change. So great to see that Felicity was there to help Oliver. But wait, there's more!! Not only does she help Oliver, she makes it back in time to save John's life as well! When will the rest of the team realize how incompetent they are without her help. I mean, I thought Felicity was great when Keri Russell played her, but EBR has done such a better job with this show than Keri ever could. I especially like how they replaced Scott Speedman with the Green Arrow. This show is so much better than it used to be. Though I do miss Greg Grunberg and Amy Jo Johnson.

  8. #23
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow_47 View Post
    Oh my goodness, what a wonderful episode for a change. So great to see that Felicity was there to help Oliver. But wait, there's more!! Not only does she help Oliver, she makes it back in time to save John's life as well! When will the rest of the team realize how incompetent they are without her help. I mean, I thought Felicity was great when Keri Russell played her, but EBR has done such a better job with this show than Keri ever could. I especially like how they replaced Scott Speedman with the Green Arrow. This show is so much better than it used to be. Though I do miss Greg Grunberg and Amy Jo Johnson.
    You almost got me. I caught onto the joke when you mentioned Keri Russell.

    I never saw that show but I remember ads for it.

  9. #24
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Bkwurm1: When Oliver used the jet to go to Russia, he gave checking up on QC's Russian assets as the reason for him to go along with Dig and Felicity, which is WHY Isabel Rochev was able to invite herself along and piss off all Felicity fans by screwing Oliver. Felicity's use of the jet WAS personal and not even given the excuse of checking up on Palmer Tech holdings.

  10. #25
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,127
    Without Felicity tagging along he wouldn't have even gotten the meeting with Lady Fortuna. And Felicity is looking out for Oliver when Oliver isn't looking out for himself. When it comes to his emotions, Felicity would be the one that knows him best and therefor won't be brushed off with deflection. The show has made it clear that they didn't stop loving each other after the break up.
    I agree that this is how the WRITERS want us to feel about Oliver and Felicity: that they never stopped loving each other, and that she is his light (as well as almost flawless and the perfect partner for Oliver).

    However, judging by the posts I've read on various forums, that is not how Felicity or the Olicity relationship are currently perceived by many "Arrow" viewers/fans, rather the opposite. People feel that Felicity is shoehorned into plots and situations where she doesn't belong because she is a writers' pet (or because the producers are so fooled by the constant oliciter twitter spamming that they believe that the casual viewer is as enamoured by Felicity as her most social media active online fans).

    You would also be surprised how many fans regard the Oliver/Felicity relationship as just as poorly written and toxic as the Laurel/Oliver relationship was to many Olicity fans, although for other reasons (e.g. they feel that Felicity is controlling and petty or that she treats Ollie unfairly). Other fans just feel that their whole "will they, won't they" is tedious, and takes up far too much plot/screen time, regardless of whether that is factually true or not.

    That is also why you get negative reactions to her involvement in some scenes, or mocking comments about the writers' heavy-handed "light symbolism" and how Ollie can fight the dark magic because he remembers the sound of Felicity's voice! And the criticism isn't due to shipper jealousy either, since many fans who feel that the Olicity relationship is detrimental to the show are not at all Laurel/Oliver shippers....in fact, most of them seem to prefer to watch a show where Oliver isn't more or less totally dependent on a romantic partner in order to be a hero or a complete human being.
    Last edited by evaba; 05-06-2016 at 04:40 AM.

  11. #26
    Forum Regular Sure-Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    I agree that this is how the WRITERS want us to feel about Oliver and Felicity: that they never stopped loving each other, and that she is his light (as well as almost flawless and the perfect partner for Oliver).

    However, judging by the posts I've read on various forums, that is not how Felicity or the Olicity relationship are currently perceived by many "Arrow" viewers/fans, rather the opposite. People feel that Felicity is shoehorned into plots and situations where she doesn't belong because she is a writers' pet (or because the producers are so fooled by the constant oliciter twitter spamming that they believe that the casual viewer is as enamoured by Felicity as her most social media active online fans).

    You would also be surprised how many fans regard the Oliver/Felicity relationship as just as poorly written and toxic as the Laurel/Oliver relationship was to many Olicity fans, although for other reasons (e.g. they feel that Felicity is controlling and petty or that she treats Ollie unfairly). Other fans just feel that their whole "will they, won't they" is tedious, and takes up far too much plot/screen time, regardless of whether that is factually true or not.

    That is also why you get negative reactions to her involvement in some scenes, or mocking comments about the writers' heavy-handed "light symbolism" and how Ollie can fight the dark magic because he remembers the sound of Felicity's voice! And the criticism isn't due to shipper jealousy either, since many fans who feel that the Olicity relationship is detrimental to the show are not at all Laurel/Oliver shippers....in fact, most of them seem to prefer to watch a show where Oliver isn't more or less totally dependent on a romantic partner in order to be a hero or a complete human being.
    This is 100% how I feel...more Oliver handling his S and Felicity backing off and being used elsewhere like when diggle needed help.
    Last edited by Sure-Oz; 05-06-2016 at 06:22 AM.

  12. #27
    Settling In
    Join Date
    Dec 12
    Posts
    70
    For those bothered with Felicity inviting herself along to Hub City, really what's the difference between that and her inviting herself along to Nanda Parbat last season? Also Ray had no problem letting her take the jet on that trip either.

  13. #28
    It's the mileage... costas22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    76,259
    Quote Originally Posted by smllvllfn View Post
    For those bothered with Felicity inviting herself along to Hub City, really what's the difference between that and her inviting herself along to Nanda Parbat last season? Also Ray had no problem letting her take the jet on that trip either.
    No difference really. Equally annoying and forced.

  14. #29
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen, Germany
    Posts
    974
    Haven't seen the episode and have no plans on watching it (haven't watched anything Arrow since the big break-up and even that was watching for much to long) but why ain't I surprised to read people trying to defend Felicity's actions? She's no longer Oliver's girlfriend/fiance and she quit the team so if Oliver wants to go it alone against Darkh that's his business and not hers. Felicity decided she didn't want to be a part of Oliver's life so get the F* out of it. She wants to help out then she should've stuck around to help Diggle instead of putting her nose where it doesn't belong regardless if Oliver fought her on her decision to help or not. I just dislike seeing any storyline where the woman won't allow the guy to move on with his life because she keeps butting her nose in it, sure he's not going to complain because he'll nurse a belief that there's a way to get her back as long as she remains a part of his life but that's just more teeny-romance thinking that this show is smothered in.

    Also with Oliver using the company jet to fly to Russia, Isabel actually did do company business while there so even if it wasn't planned that way it WAS a business trip. As for Felicity using the plane to get to Nanda Parbat, that was Ray's decision not Felicity's so I won't get pissed at her for that rather the love-struck Ray for letting her do it.

  15. #30
    Chlark Addict BkWurm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    Bkwurm1: When Oliver used the jet to go to Russia, he gave checking up on QC's Russian assets as the reason for him to go along with Dig and Felicity, which is WHY Isabel Rochev was able to invite herself along and piss off all Felicity fans by screwing Oliver. Felicity's use of the jet WAS personal and not even given the excuse of checking up on Palmer Tech holdings.
    So the real complaint is that she didn't make up an excuse? It's fine to use it for personal reasons but she should lie? Cause by not lying the board could decide she should pay for it if they have any problems (if she isn't already). The other way is a con.

    =evaba;8159264]I agree that this is how the WRITERS want us to feel about Oliver and Felicity: that they never stopped loving each other, and that she is his light (as well as almost flawless and the perfect partner for Oliver).

    However, judging by the posts I've read on various forums, that is not how Felicity or the Olicity relationship are currently perceived by many "Arrow" viewers/fans, rather the opposite. People feel that Felicity is shoehorned into plots and situations where she doesn't belong because she is a writers' pet (or because the producers are so fooled by the constant oliciter twitter spamming that they believe that the casual viewer is as enamoured by Felicity as her most social media active online fans).
    First of all, once again, SOME people feel that way. You cannot speak for every viewer that is not engaged in social media and claim them as sharing your opinion.

    Second, there is a difference in not liking a character or wishing they were not being used in a certain way and thinking it makes no sense why the characters think or feel something that they have clearly shown to feel.

    There was plenty of times that I wished Laurel far away but I'm never going to deny that Oliver loved her or that the rest of the team loved her. Yes, it's what the writers wanted me to think so yes, it is true.

    I may not have felt that way about the character but that doesn't negate the other character's feelings. They accepted her on the team so she's going to be on the team and on missions. Oliver is in love with Felicity and since she left him he'd rather live alone in a dark hole with nothing than try to move on with his life.

    Denying that Felicity hugely matters to and influences and inspires Oliver would be like me saying that Diggle is pretending to be upset that Laurel is dead. I may question how well the show showed or wrote his relationship with Laurel but I'm not going to say he doesn't feel the way he feels or that those feelings don't make sense when they influence his actions and choices.

    I'm not one of those preteens writing fan fic that can't separate a personal dislike for a character and what the other characters feel for that character.

    You would also be surprised how many fans regard the Oliver/Felicity relationship as just as poorly written and toxic as the Laurel/Oliver relationship was to many Olicity fans, although for other reasons (e.g. they feel that Felicity is controlling and petty or that she treats Ollie unfairly). Other fans just feel that their whole "will they, won't they" is tedious, and takes up far too much plot/screen time, regardless of whether that is factually true or not.
    People trying to coopt the word toxic and apply it to Olicity will never not be amusing to me. Words have meanings, lol. Finding the one that remotely fits will greatly enhance the weight of the message.

    That is also why you get negative reactions to her involvement in some scenes, or mocking comments about the writers' heavy-handed "light symbolism" and how Ollie can fight the dark magic because he remembers the sound of Felicity's voice! And the criticism isn't due to shipper jealousy either, since many fans who feel that the Olicity relationship is detrimental to the show are not at all Laurel/Oliver shippers....in fact, most of them seem to prefer to watch a show where Oliver isn't more or less totally dependent on a romantic partner in order to be a hero or a complete human being
    It's hilarious that in the episode where Oliver is taking steps to learn how to be his own source of light that there is freaking out over that fact that Felicity has been his light in the past. Oliver took the faith and belief and good of the people in his life and used their voices to harness his goodness and light. Did you also not watch the episode?
    Last edited by BkWurm1; 05-06-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •