Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Versus Zoom why didn't Barry fight Zoom once he released Wally?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
    But I think my main beef with any shows is similar to the reasons that DJ stated... how they didn't plan ahead and seemed to be making up things on the spot. That kind of behavior is bound to create logistical problems for the show.
    They probably knew the bullet points. They probably did something like:

Early: Introduce main villain, introduce Jay-Patty-Wally
    Last episode before first major break: Zoom crushes Barry
    Last episode before second major break: Zoom is revealed cliffhanger
    Last episode: Barry triumphs over Zoom and how, set-up next season with cliffhanger

Barry's arc: here to here
    Iris's arc: here to here
    Joe's, Wally's, Caitlin's, Cisco's, etc...: here to here

Major themes: family, trust, fear of being corrupted by power, addiction

E-2: depiction, breachers, etc...

They probably knew all of the major moments, then had to write around the two crossovers, Patty leaving, and probably some other things we don't even know about. MAYBE Sears being cast in 24 derailed them if they thought he was going to be a series regular as Jay going forward and had to adjust. I tend to doubt it, again, because of how it seems to just copy season 1.

Without looking, the major episodes were probably written or at least conceived of by the showrunners themselves. Some of the filler was likely assigned to the less experienced members of the writing team. They have a series bible, are confined to certain locations, and have a typical structure for each episode (intro, threat, self-doubt, pep talk, defeat the freak, denouement, tease next week).

More on topic, I'd be willing to bet the writers of this episode were told to write an episode where Barry gets faster, fights Zoom, but Zoom kidnaps Wally and forces Barry to give up his speed. How exactly the blackmail part was executed was probably this writing duo's contribution and wasn't done well. That'd be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetJamy
      actually i would love to see the drama of Barry struggling to learn how to be normal again don't u?? could be a few very interesting episodes
      It was uncomfortable viewing but I did enjoy the episode. I just wanted to hug poor Barry. Maybe I'm a stupid old fangirl but I really love this show. Even with the ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetJamy
        actually i would love to see the drama of Barry struggling to learn how to be normal again don't u?? could be a few very interesting episodes
        It doesn't interest me very much because it's a superhero show. A main reason why I watch the show is because it's about people with special abilities. If you take those away, I might as well be watching a police procedural or Star Trek or something. Plus, we all know he's going to defeat Zoom after he gets his powers back, so I feel like the main driving force of the series has to be somewhat put on hold until then.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎