0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I have to say that the Leviathan/Atom fight was the best part of the ep. I thought that they were finally letting Hawkgirl kick major ass, but then of course the Carter drama had to happen..... *sighs*

Comment

A giant robot? This is what savage uses to take over the world? I'm really not sure about this plot line, but I like the atom's new powers. I wonder if continued use will have an affect on his body. It was like watching " Rock 'em sock 'em robots, the movie.". Also I see the mission's parameters have changed, a bit- I'm confused as to whether rip's family is actually alive or not. Snart and Rory are proving to be the most compelling members of the team, week in and week out. I hope they'll be back next season. However, snart seems to have the same facial expression, whatever he's feeling. And what do you know? Kendra finally beat carter!
      Last edited by protege; 04-29-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

What a cool episode, esp. Ray super-sizing himself in that battle. Really cool fight, the sort of action I wanted out of a series like LoT.

I know Cassandra is the spawn of Savage -- but is it totally wrong that I still find her space-time-continuum-bendingly hot? For those who need to know, the actor is Jessica Sipos, who also had a role in a few eps. of Dark Matter. Let the Snart/Cassandra (Leonandra? Casnart? Coldandra? Capsandra?) shipping begin!

For a moment I thought Kendra was going to finish off Savage, but of course they couldn't resist throwing a melodramatic wrench into it. Save her predestined love, or doom Carter's mind to oblivion to save Rip's family? Poor Ray. Destiny is really turning out to be a raw deal for Ray in the heartstrings department. I guess Cisco and Winn better start packaging another 'Dude-can't-catch-a-break Club' welcoming kit for Ray, now that Zombie Carter is aboard.

Taking Savage aboard the Waverider can't be the best decision. Just on the fact of his tendency to play mind games with people is enough of a reason not to bring him aboard, let alone the grave threat he presents. The only way it might work is if Snart gets under his skin ... due to some potential Capsandra shipping:

"Savage: Nothing you do will convince me to relent, Rip!

Rip: Did you hear that Snart and your daughter are going to 1973 to catch the opening weekend of American Graffiti? I never thought one cup of coffee would lead to something more ...

Savage: They're ... going on a date?

Rip: Yes, a boy/girl date. But I'm sure this doesn't bother you at all. Or ... does it?

Savage: (nervous) W-why should I care who Cassandra chooses to socialize with? She was born to fight, bred to lead and ...

Snart: Hey, Pops, I'll bring Cassie back after the movie. But you know, if I get lucky we might make out in backseat of my car at the drive-in. Then, I'll be a bit late. Hope you're cool with that ... Daddio.

Savage: What are your intentions towards my daughter!!!

Ray: Isn't it kind of mean to leverage whatever this Snart / Cassandra thing is, just to mess with his head?

Mick: I think it's freaking hilarious.

Rip: As do I.

Ray: I do too. Just checking if we're all on the same page here. In a way, it serves Vandal right ... (muttering) ... thanks to his destiny-blocking me with Kendra.

Savage: Bring her back 9 o'clock sharp! And I want a chaperone!!

Snart: 10 p.m., and no chaperone.

Savage: No chaperone, 9:30 p.m., and not one minute later!

Snart: Deal -- Daddio.

Mick: 'Daddio'. Priceless "

Comment

Yeah it was definitely a fun action driven game changing episode. One of my favorites this season.

- As a Voltron fan, I really geeked out when Ray supersized and fought Savage's robot. Best moment of the whole episode. All in all, this was Ray's finest hour and it was nice to see him heroic and brave again instead of getting embroiled in melodramatic nonsense (although we're clearly not out of the woods in that regard!).

- I honestly don't know what to make of Kendra in this episode. When she was taking down Savage I thought to myself, "Finally! Hawkgirl!". And then they pull the Carter card and we're back to square one. I don't mind that this was used as a plot device to keep Savage alive (Arrow and the Flash have used far more contrived plot devices in recent weeks). I just hate the fact that we are now looking at the possibility of a love triangle. UGH! Just one question. How did Carter reincarnate? Doesn't Kendra have to die first for that to happen?

- One of the fun parts about this series is seeing how far some characters have come. Snart's interactions with Cassandra, Rory's overall presence and Marrtin and Jax's concern for the refugees fall in that category. The fact that it was the team encouraging Rip to not give up hope this time also proved how much they've grown as heroes.

- I really liked Cassandra. She was badass and definitely very hot. Her dad on the other hand, I am a bit underwhelmed by him. For a while now. Just not sold on him being so evil and powerful that he would take over the entire world.

The last 3 episodes seem to be shaping up very well.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
          Poor Ray. Destiny is really turning out to be a raw deal for Ray in the heartstrings department. I guess Cisco and Winn better start packaging another 'Dude-can't-catch-a-break Club' welcoming kit for Ray, now that Zombie Carter is aboard.
          Yup. Slade is breaking out his finest bottle of rum as well.
          Last edited by costas22; 04-29-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I'm honestly disaffected with the Arrowverse in that I'm not bothering with reviews like I did, making them professional-sounding and all that. But Legends is still a fun romp, even with the melodrama getting in the way at times.

Its not enough we have the Ray-Kendra-Carter triangle? Now they want to introduce more shipper war stuff with Sara-Snart-Lady Savage whose name I forget because I'm tired? I know, technically Sara and Snart are 'friends', but I'm sure its only a matter of time before Guggie wears down the showrunner (or manages to get co-showrunner status) and infects Legends even more than he already has.

Hey, Pacific Rim called. They want their robot fight scenes back. Sorry, I know, it was a good sequence, but they can super-size him in one go without problems, but shrinking him caused a massive explosion the first time around? Inconsistent storytelling is a pet peeve. So awesome fight, but I can't say I like the inconsistency with regards to how the suit functions and how testing out new things doesn't go well the first time.

Honestly, best parts was the bonding with regards to Martin and Jax, Snart convincing Lady Savage her father is actually an immortal tyrant not an immortal benevolent leader, and the team working with the resistance.

I'll give it an 8 since there was great moments, but I hate inconsistencies and relationship melodrama.

Comment

Yeah, the action stuff was what I had always wanted to see out of LoT and they delivered on this ep. Ray soared on the action front, it was no contest. That's why I feel bad he's the one left holding the bag (again) on the melodramatic front.

The scene with Martin and Jax with the refugees was good too, this is what heroes do. No epic glory involved, but they still wanted to help.

I hope TPTB realize what they have with Cassandra. I'm glad she's with the good guys now, so there's hope she may become a recurring character. It doesn't hurt that she and Snart have a connection, this helps her odds.

I was hoping we'd get a straight-up Kendra brawl with Savage and we did get it, to within an inch of Kendra finally putting down Savage. But, silly me, they needed to set up the inevitable Carter-Ray-Kendra love triangle. Melodrama is always going to be in the DNA of the Berlantiverse. It's not just an Arrow thing. Both Flash and LoT are not immune, the days when they were faultless on this (if they ever were) are long behind them.

Slade. He's DCTV's broken-hearted O.G., along with Tommy, who were afflicted with can't-catch-a-break-itis. The club just keeps getting bigger:

"Winn: Why so glum, Ray?

"Ray: I proposed to Kendra, things were going well, I mean like really well. And guess who shows up on the Waverider?

Slade: Lemme guess, her immortal soulmate, Carter.

Cisco: Dude, you cannot catch a break! (Ray receives lots of brotherly shoulder clapping and manly embraces, and he steps away to compose himself for a moment)

Ghost of Tommy: Cisco, why don't you bring Ray the full membership kit: ID badge, morning jacket, bio-scan key, monogrammed bowling shirt, the whole nine yards. He made Associate level after he endured the Olicity blowback last season. But after this nonsense with Kendra? Forget the probation period, he has earned full member status. *they hear crying in the bathroom*

Cisco: It's Slade. I guess all this stuff reminded him of Shado, which I didn't exactly buy -- I mean, it came sorta out of left field and ...

Tommy: Remember, this club is a judgment-free zone. Never forget our motto.

Cisco: (says solemnly) 'I'm there for you, bro'. You're right, of course. I'll get Ray set up right away."

Comment

^^^Brilliant.

Hope you keep a spot open for Zoom as well. I think he might need it after Caitlin is through with him.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  ^^^Brilliant.

Hope you keep a spot open for Zoom as well. I think he might need it after Caitlin is through with him.
                  Yup, he will. Oh, wait, shouldn't Vandal be there as well, since his whole thing is because Sheyara preferred Kufu in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                    Yup, he will. Oh, wait, shouldn't Vandal be there as well, since his whole thing is because Sheyara preferred Kufu in the first place?
                    Absolutely. Savage has been pining over a woman who hasn't returned the favor for 4000 years. He might as well be the president of the Can't Catch a Break Club.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                      Absolutely. Savage has been pining over a woman who hasn't returned the favor for 4000 years. He might as well be the president of the Can't Catch a Break Club.

Savage defines the dude who can't catch a break. He is the Alpha, barring some non-break-catching dudes from ancient history. Maybe he is in serious denial.

Slade, Cisco, Winn and Co. need to set up an intervention. They want to save time ... and his heart :

"Savage: What is the meaning of this meeting? I already told you I have no interest in forming any alliances, factions, cabals, teams or relationships with any of you. You are but blips in the march of history. I am a soaring eagle, resplendent in glory, in comparison to your pitiful band.

Cisco: History, sh-mistory. We're not talking about time travel here. It's all about you. It's for your own good, dude. You need to give the Shayera thing a rest. Like, yesterday.

Savage: Nonsense, a millennia or even four is but a blink of an eye to me. When she sees how committed I am in dedicating my life to her, then she will see my true qualities. Is sending anonymous Valentine's Day cards with no return address "creepy" or just proof that I'm dedicated to the love that we might share one day?

Slade: Sad. So sad. I do feel bad for you, buddy. And FYI: anonymous Valentine's cards are creepy. But seriously -- no return address? You might as well have said the cards were from some lovesick freak.

Savage: When I had spotted her in Gaul, leading a tribal rebellion, I was a general in Julius Caesar's Roman legions. I was sure that she was winking at me! I'm ... pretty certain she had a crush on me. She must have. I was lookin' pretty sweet in that imperial armour. Had a cool plume in my helmet too, and regal cloak. The ladies loved that.

Winn: (shakes Savage's shoulders) D-uuu-de, you cannot catch a break!!! History keeps proving it time and again. You're making all bros look bad. And the endless stalking -- it's not cool, dude.

Cisco: Copy that. Take it from Winn -- at least he accepts that he's been friend-zoned with Kara. You on the other hand ... holding a candle for her this long makes you look both sad and desperate. The ladies don't love that, not one bit.

Savage: (sits down with weight of not catching a break at all looming large) You mean to say I have ... wasted ... four thousand years chasing Shayera? It was all for nothing?

Winn: Well, no. I mean, I guess it makes sense you'd try again after your first reincarnation. The second reincarnation -- maybe that was persistence on your part? You should've taken a hint after that.

Savage: (calmer, as he accepts green tea from Slade) Dudes -- I cannot catch a break with Shayera. Never have, never did. And I never will. By the sun god Ra, you are right. If there is a break, it is not to be caught by me.

Cisco: I'm there for you, bro. We are all there for you, Vandal.

Savage: (misty-eyed) My friends call me Vandy, by the way.

Winn: Vandy it is, then. That's what we'll have monogrammed on your club morning jacket, t-shirt and complimentary pen and stationery set for new members. You're one of us now. In a way, you always were.

Savage: (teary) I love you, man. Love all you guys! (Savage unleashes four thousand years' worth of regretful, broken-hearted man-tears, as his club bros join him in a group hug)."

Comment

Love your comic book style fan fic I swear you can hear all the TV show characters saying the lines just like you write them I don't think Savage had any reincarnations though. He's just immortal. It's the other two that keep dying and being born.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎