Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar

11.23 Alpha and Omega

Interesting title.

The finale will be directed by Phil Sgriccia and air May 25th.

Forum Regular
    Synopsis:
    GOD VS. AMARA – God (guest star Rob Benedict) comes to a decision about Amara (guest star Emily Swallow) that has direct repercussions for Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb

While it will be nice to finally have a show down between the sibs (God and Amara, I mean; at least I hope that is what this is hinting at), the rest is rather vague. Guess they're trying not to give anything away?

Forum Whiz
    It sounds like we may get the Sam and Dean die together and are forced into the void. Unfortunate decision if so but it's also intriguing. The idea of God putting both he and Amara in the cage or a cage or what have you reminds me of the end of Armageddon in the Spawn comic book and also a bit of the DC Comics story I made a thread about where I believe the writers of the show got a bit of inspiration in the way the Darkness looks and moves as Gas/Fog. More to come in other threads kids. I have been formulating a lot of words over the last few weeks. xoxox. Daddy's home.

Here's the trailer
    https://youtu.be/XRKi6XP4zYQ

After calming down from the clusterfudge of episode 22, I have a few thoughts. Although I alluded to this in a previous post, I wanted to separate it from my rant earlier to make things a bit more clear... I hope this is a possibility for the plot of the finale or at least it falls along these lines somewhat. Hmmm... You kinda have to wonder if this was God's plan all along. I don't see God being so easily defeated by Amara. I feel that his plan was to give all the bad guys second chances to redeem themselves and one for Sam and Dean to fix what they broke with the mark. Similar to judgment day hinted by Christianity. The only one who failed to redeem herself somewhat was Amara. God felt bad for his poor handling of his sister and took much of the blame and therefore was caught off guard (or changed the plan) and stunned by Amara. We've seen Rowena help heal Amara via book of the damned and she will probably do the same for God. Now it's time for Sam and Dean to shine! Dean will host the soul bomb (any Dragon Ball Z fans know this very well as a spirit bomb lol!) and destroy her finally. Lucifer is definitely dead but Cas's fate is unknown. God will probably revive Cas like always. Not sure if he'll rebuild the archangels or not. Maybe they are too powerful to leave in charge. Maybe Cas could be promoted lol or revive Gabriel. Should Lucifer be revived at all? One other possibility is God giving Amara a chance as she's dying to live with her in the prison so that the rest of the world is save from divine her for all time and she isn't as lonely and crazy. This could possibly be his own penance for making poor decisions with her, Lucifer, and many other things. Just a thought or two...
    Last edited by sino8r; 05-19-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Let's build a Spirit Bomb.

Raise your hands for Sam and Dean xD.

New In Town
    I think that you are wrong for saying this was bad episode. I think it was great and I had always thought Amara was stronger than God because she was nothingnes(like Sam on demon blood, or Dean with the Mark). He is full with love and after all it is HIS sister to which he did some kind of injustice by putting her away for so many years.
    I think the end of next week episode is going to be very thrilling and in my opinion quite exciting as I think that they are going to kill Amara, but God said ther are going to be some repercussons because of Amara's death to the world - light and dark.
    He said it twice and didn't say what exactly would happen. I think that it is the next seasons theme - rescuing the different Earth and we will see what exactly these consequences are. Because they never wanted to kill Amara, they wanted to lock her away.
    And also, haven't you seen that Chuck is afraid of Amara? Look closely on 11x21 when Sam reads newspapers and Chuck eats donuts. When Sam mentions Amara's name you see a scene where Chuck's hands shakes as he puts the donut in his mouth. I think it is much more story behind than they are actually(for now) showing).

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grakic View Post
    I think that you are wrong for saying this was bad episode. I think it was great and I had always thought Amara was stronger than God because she was nothingnes(like Sam on demon blood, or Dean with the Mark). He is full with love and after all it is HIS sister to which he did some kind of injustice by putting her away for so many years.
    I think the end of next week episode is going to be very thrilling and in my opinion quite exciting as I think that they are going to kill Amara, but God said ther are going to be some repercussons because of Amara's death to the world - light and dark.
    He said it twice and didn't say what exactly would happen. I think that it is the next seasons theme - rescuing the different Earth and we will see what exactly these consequences are. Because they never wanted to kill Amara, they wanted to lock her away.
    And also, haven't you seen that Chuck is afraid of Amara? Look closely on 11x21 when Sam reads newspapers and Chuck eats donuts. When Sam mentions Amara's name you see a scene where Chuck's hands shakes as he puts the donut in his mouth. I think it is much more story behind than they are actually(for now) showing).
    Most people had a problem with this episode. That's the consensus online right now. It was lazy writing and lack of continuity errors

New In Town
    Death is older than God, and he is more powerful. Probably he will come back. He will solve the problem.

I guess God is the light of only this galaxy. God said in last episode: „Whatever it is, it didn't come from my hands. It was there... waiting to be born. It just is, as you and I just were.”

Death is something general in the whole universe.

The extended promo--

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    The extended promo--

I called it! Billie is in the finale!

New In Town
    This was a stupidity.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Singer View Post
    This was a stupidity.
    You're going to have to be more specific.

Actually I was fine with how this season ended...I'm glad they finally changed things up.

We got the flashy battle scene last episode, so expecting Supernatural to have the budgets to do something like that again in the finale is unrealistic.

I'm wondering how the show will explain John's not being to be resurrected along with Mary.

My only gripe is now that the whole "God" thing is used up, how the hell can ANY villain top Amara's threat level? In comparison every threat/challenge the Winchesters face should be cake walk. "Evil" Men of Letters COULD have been an intriguing story line...a couple of seasons ago. Now? Meh. Also haven't they already done the whole "Blame Sam and Dean for everything evil/Supernaturally related" shtick enough by now? Now it seems like they are in simply rinse/recycle/repeat mode.

My point is if they wanted "Evil Men of Letters" then this should've been done before the story line with God and God should've been used to close out the show. This is a season 8 type mess all over again in terms of how/when the show should end.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post

Actually I was fine with how this season ended...I'm glad they finally changed things up.

We got the flashy battle scene last episode, so expecting Supernatural to have the budgets to do something like that again in the finale is unrealistic.

I'm wondering how the show will explain John's not being to be resurrected along with Mary.

My only gripe is now that the whole "God" thing is used up, how the hell can ANY villain top Amara's threat level? In comparison every threat/challenge the Winchesters face should be cake walk. "Evil" Men of Letters COULD have been an intriguing story line...a couple of seasons ago. Now? Meh. Also haven't they already done the whole "Blame Sam and Dean for everything evil/Supernaturally related" shtick enough by now? Now it seems like they are in simply rinse/recycle/repeat mode.

My point is if they wanted "Evil Men of Letters" then this should've been done before the story line with God and God should've been used to close out the show. This is a season 8 type mess all over again in terms of how/when the show should end.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! I thought the ending was okay but really how can you top the God season now? The MOL thing should have been going on now and then make the final season about God and his sister's fight. New showrunners for next couple of seasons (if I'm not mistaken) is going to make things a big mess like season 6. I have a feeling since they basically showed a dimensional key (similar to the fairy world one) that we'll be dealing with some different world that may have their own Gods and Devils that will rival our own. That's the only way a true threat will work. And I have to admit... even my own idea is stupid. Not sure what else they could do at this point? People keep talking about getting back to basics like the first couple of seasons with the monster of the week and maybe a mid season big baddie but how is this gonna work now? It will all be too boring and predictable. They are going to need some really out of the box thinking and good writers to pull of an entertaining last couple of seasons. Otherwise, the show might get cancelled without a proper ending. And after all this time and devotion we've all put into this show, that would really suck worse than this season's finale!
    Last edited by sino8r; 05-26-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post

Mary may not be resurrected. All they did is show her somewhere with the same clothes on she had on when before she died. Dean and Mary could be "somewhere" else. idk guess we'll have to wait.

I'm with ya, I'm sick of the blames the boys theme. I'm happy to see at least one of the parents, but yea, not sure if this will turn out (and yes, it feels like it will be a mess like season 7 and 8) well considering new people are in charge next season and beyond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast