No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Singularity?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Singularity?"

No one posted in the live thread, and no one created a Loved It/Hated It... you all alive around here?
    10 - Good
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

*raises hand* I am!

I didn't get to see this episode til last night, but I did like it.

Hive has been sort of hit or miss with me as a villain but this episode I really enjoyed Brett's work. His scenes with Simmons were chilling and very well done indeed. Whenever Hive/Ward "becomes" someone else, somehow he has absorbed, it's fascinating to watch.

Daisy being turned...well, I don't care a whole lot. You know she's going to end up being saved/turned back and then she'll have to deal with the angst of what she did while under the influence. Pretty telegraphed.

FitzSimmons storyline/romance heating up is fun. Glad to see those kids finally getting together.

May and Phil's discussion. Harsh but fair. Also, I thought Coulson had gotten over his 'meaner' edge thing and settled back, sort of, to the guy we loved before. What he did to Lincoln? That did not seem cool (once again I found myself thinking 'Steve would be very disappointed in you, Phil!").

Speaking of Steve, boy is he gonna be mad that Phil stole his Shield! Kidding. That was a surprise and Coulson's line about the Director of Shield having a shield was quite clever. Though what else can that handy (heh) hand of his do now? When the shield popped up, for a minute I actually thought that it was Cap's shield or a prototype replacement or something.

So yeah, good solid episode.

Comment

Season 3 has been really fun, one of AoS' best seasons. And this ep was no exception.

Hive/Ward has been fascinating as hell this season. Brett has been killing it this season.

Yeah, we can pretty much tell what sort of baggage Daisy will be sorting through next season once she snaps out of Hive-mania.

FitzSimmons have at long last become a bona fide item. It was a meticulous, smart, slow-burn evolution and it paid off. (Take that, The CW!) I usually don't like too much shipping on shows but when they execute it well like here -- dare I say 'Make Mine Marvel'?

I did feel bad for Lincoln. He was just proven innocent re: the Malick incident that Bad!Daisy framed him for ... and now Coulson wants him to wear a suicide vest? Not exactly Phil's best team-building moment.

If I had to dock a point, it would be the too-quick elimination of HYDRA. I get that they needed space story-wise to allow Hive and his minions to take the primary villain slot, but with an organization that has a long history (and linked in mythology with Cap himself!) we did need to see them finished off on-screen and not just as blips on a computer monitor.

Still it was a really good episode.

Comment

It always strikes me as odd how many people are crawling around the base these days, but I guess they picked up a lot of extras from that second S.H.I.E.L.D. faction. Can someone remind me what happened to the Patton Oswalt characters?

At first, I thought it was silly that they used Ward as a host rather than finally killing him off, but he's been doing well, especially whenever he channels an individual conscience.

It was odd how HYDRA was snuffed out. Is that really it?

Coulson's shield was awesome. I'm sure it's from the comics, but I remember the Skrull Cap using it in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
          Yeah, we can pretty much tell what sort of baggage Daisy will be sorting through next season once she snaps out of Hive-mania.
          Indeed. Feels like they are already writing/setting up her return arc.

Not exactly Phil's best team-building moment.
          As I've said before, whenever Phil acts like that I picture Steve giving him a disapproving look (or a lecture).

If I had to dock a point, it would be the too-quick elimination of HYDRA. I get that they needed space story-wise to allow Hive and his minions to take the primary villain slot, but with an organization that has a long history (and linked in mythology with Cap himself!) we did need to see them finished off on-screen and not just as blips on a computer monitor.
          See, I know they said they had destroyed Hydra but to me, they are never really gone. (and when Talbot said that thing about cutting off the head I was all "um, cut off one head..."). I mean, even if they destroyed all the bases and completely took Hydra out, which I find very unlikely, it can (and likely will) return in some form. I also wondered why they didn't save that for Cap 3 but I'm told that was (at least partly) our tie in to Civil War? *shrugs*

But yes, after all the build up and Hydra being such a big bad, they did seem to go down easily. Too easily? Duh, duh, duhn!

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          Can someone remind me what happened to the Patton Oswalt characters?
          There were 3 brothers and I remembered that one of them had died. I couldn't recall what happened to the other 2 so I had to go look it up. Eric is the one who died, then Billy appeared and finally Sam was shown as well (they told Mack they have 13 brothers). But yeah, after the season 2 episode "Ye Who Enter Here", we never see or hear from them again, that I can recall.

Coulson's shield was awesome. I'm sure it's from the comics, but I remember the Skrull Cap using it in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
          Steve did have an energy version of the shield in the comics, so it's a nice homage to that.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            It was odd how HYDRA was snuffed out. Is that really it?
            I doubt it. Hydra will eventually be back, after they've had a bit of a break. A break that would allow SHIELD to focus on and tackle other threats (ex. AIM, which the MCU seems to have completely forgotten post-IM3) for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎