Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Versus Zoom?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Barry and I am always rooting for him, but I find it interesting to consider whether or not I think his choice to re-open the portal to E-2 in order to go after Zoom was noble. My first thought was: of course it was. But then thinking about it further I think for me it's more grey than that.

First, going back to the time of the creation of the singularity and the opening of multiple breaches which allowed Zoom access and ability to terrorize E-1: well that was b/c Barry was willing to put the earth at risk for the potential personal gain of going back in time to save his mother. Now what he did not do, when he created that particular problem, was create Zoom. Zoom was already alive and well and causing problems on his particular earth, E-2. So, while Barry may have wanted to also kill Zoom and solve E-2 problem for them, Barry's main responsibility, in order to right the wrong he did to E-1 by his original choice, was to close the breaches and exile Zoom from E-1. Which he did.

But then Barry decided he needed to destroy Zoom and save the people of E-2. Now that does seem noble, but in choosing to do this, he once again sought to open a portal, thereby once more potentially giving Zoom access to E-1.

Essentially, Barry keeps deciding that he has the right to put large groups of people at substantial risk -- (in the case of the singularity, everyone on earth/E-1; in the case of re-opening a new portal, all the people that Zoom could potentially terrorize on E-1) -- when it seems to suit him. So, in the case of his second decision (trying to destroy Zoom for the sake of E-2), yes, there is a noble component there, but again, I'm not sure he has the right to make that "noble" decision, considering that if something goes wrong, he's willingly putting people on E-1 at risk by giving Zoom passageway once again... And, as we have seen, his "plans" frequently keep going wrong! Like the army saying goes: "No plan survives contact with the enemy."

I guess, as some others have pointed out, I'd like to see Barry at some point having a little more insight into the consequences of the failure of some of his big plans. I guess I hope to see Barry, as a young superhero-in-the-making, show signs of beginning to acquire the element of wisdom, which comes with experience and a willingness to examine one's failures.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on why Barry did what he did other than to say he's spending to much time with Oliver, and Oliver's stupid decision making is rubbing off on him. As for why they stripped Barry of his speed, I'm pretty sure it's foreshadowing for how Wally gets super speed. I think Wells will find a way to strip Zoom of his speed, and then Wally will somehow get injected with it.

Comment

I'm really confused about Jay being a hero on earth two - was that just a lie he told the team?

But then, I thought Wells knew about him being a hero...

Was Hunter just pretending to be a hero?

Comment

Originally posted by Schniefy
          I also wonder about that statement made by Zoom about the Speed-Mirages! 'Even I am not THAT fast!' ???? What the hell? Barry did it in the Episode, were he fought Dr. Light at the train station, and he wasnt even close to being as fast as Zoom in that episode!
          The catch with the speed mirages is that they are just that, a mirage. You can use it to temporarily fool someone like Flash did or Thawne. But it's not a living, breathing acting entity you can just create and that can act on his own (Zoom was on E2 and Jay way on E1 and both were actual people).

Comment

What confused me to no end (except maybe for the whole hero-honour thing) is why they didn't just shoot Zoom after he released Wally. Zoom was on E1 surrounded by the team and yet they simple set Barry on the treadmill and handed over the speedforce for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
              I'm really confused about Jay being a hero on earth two - was that just a lie he told the team?

But then, I thought Wells knew about him being a hero...

Was Hunter just pretending to be a hero?
              Didn't he say he loved the irony and wanted to destroy people's faith in heroes? By having "Jay" loose against "Zoom" he would achieve that.

Comment

Yeah it was an act to give them hope and then rip it away. He must have been some hero though. He even got a statue for all his efforts as the Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                  What confused me to no end (except maybe for the whole hero-honour thing) is why they didn't just shoot Zoom after he released Wally. Zoom was on E1 surrounded by the team and yet they simple set Barry on the treadmill and handed over the speedforce for no good reason.
                  Because he is fast enough to evade the shot...
                  theoretically. In reality, the show has already shown us he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎