Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Pinewood?"

What did you think?

I had to be honest and give it a 5.

It was kind of a stinker. All of that effort to find out a nickname and it turns out to be Strange? I saw that coming.

I was glad that they made movement on the reanimation front at the end, but I'm not sure I like Galavan being the first. I don't know, I was just hoping his arc was over, period.

This just wasn't my cup of tea. I hope next week is better!
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I liked it quite a bit. Even without Penguin and Riddler. Gotham is on a solid run at the moment and the more they dig into the Waynes' murder and Strange's activities, the better it will be. That said, isn't it kind of stupid on Strange's part to order a hit under the same nickname everyone at Wayne Enterprises knew him by? Oh well.

I'm on the fence regarding the reanimation of Theo. Like Fish, he wasn't my favorite character. Hopefully though, both of them will have different character traits now.

As for Barbara, it's the same old same old isn't it? They don't know what to do with the character. As soon as Jim rejected her, you just knew she would look to the next lover of hers to take her in. It's a pity they can't find anything original for the character to do, because Erin Ricahrds tries really hard to make this stuff work. Being a wild card will only work for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      isn't it kind of stupid on Strange's part to order a hit under the same nickname everyone at Wayne Enterprises knew him by?
      Yes, it is, but I think he probably thought (and still thinks) he could get away with it. He didn't seem worried about being found out, either. It speaks to his arrogance. I guess we'll find out if he does get away with it.

I'm on the fence regarding the reanimation of Theo. Like Fish, he wasn't my favorite character. Hopefully though, both of them will have different character traits now.
      I'm on the fence, too. I really thought they were done with him—even though he ended up at Indian Hill. I guess I'm just tired of seeing James Frain's face (He had an arc during the third season of Orphan Black that aired right before he got cast in Gotham).

As for Barbara, it's the same old same old isn't it? They don't know what to do with the character. As soon as Jim rejected her, you just knew she would look to the next lover of hers to take her in.
      The repetitiveness of that (paired with Galavan reappearing) is why this episode just struck out with me. Plus, I thought it was silly to have Gordon, Alfred, and Bruce running around the city with a girl who had a bird claw for a hand.

I did like seeing Fries in his new suit, though, and thought the special effects in that sequence looked good.

Comment

Not a very eventfull episode. We met Karen, who was a test subject for what will likely create Killer Croc one day. And found out it was Strange who ordered the hit on the Waynes. Did we really need Barbara back?

Hopefully, we'll get some follow-up on the other test subjects.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 06-07-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎