Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Yeah, seems a bit anti climactic.

Also, cuts down ANY chance of seeing John in the future, as well as the fan theory/idea of John and the boys being possessed by God, Lucifer, and Michael to take down Amara.
    Yeah, that's what I always pictured. Since Dean and Sam are 'the' vessels for Michael and Lucifer, it would kind of make sense for John to be 'the' vessel for God.

I know this is off-topic a bit but is Jeffrey Dean Morgan even available? If any of you are walking dead fans then you know why I ask... Really loved his appearance there and hopes his character sticks around for a while! Anyways, I hope John and Mary appear at the end at least. Maybe they were being hidden away by ChuckGod in some protective custody unknown dimension similar to last episode? Very possible since God really likes the boys and always has their backs in the end. Makes sense to keep them protected from all forms of creation. Also, those who were thinking God has a vessel (and I was one who was hoping it would be John as well) we have to ask why God would need one anyways lol! Sure it would have been nice to see John again as God for a bit but having Chuck around for a few episodes will be fun as well. Probably has more time available anyways. No offense to any of the actors or anything. Y'all were talking about Morgan right and not Cohen? Freaky how he looks so similar to Bill Sarsgaard from Hemlock Grove. Just noticed that the other day... Anyways, Cohen is good (don't get me wrong) but we haven't seen Morgan in a looong time. Would be nice to see him again on Supernatural. Last time I saw him before Walking Dead was some movie about a dibbuk box. Decent movie. Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens! Still very excited for the next show...

Forum Regular
    Yeah, seems a bit anti climactic.

Also, cuts down ANY chance of seeing John in the future, as well as the fan theory/idea of John and the boys being possessed by God, Lucifer, and Michael to take down Amara.
    Agree with both Kaleltheking and TyrantLord... I was actually thinking that they would still kind of keep God more open ended, hinting that Chuck was God but never coming out and saying it.

Wanted Chuck to still be a prophet. This episode is meh for me. Meh!

Agreed too, with you TyrantLord, I was thinking making them vessels again would've been interesting. I have to see John and Mary, or one of them, to redeem this!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    Chuck was always intended to be God based on Swan Song, which was years ago.
    No that's not totally true. Yes in an interview it was said Chuck was God, but it never happened in the show. Chuck was left to be interpreted by the audience as either God or a prophet. That's it. The show didn't come out and say in an episode, "I'm God."

There was only a 5 year plan to this show, and having God as an actual character was never it. I much prefer it to be vague or mysterious. Keeping God mysterious and not a character meant that the boys didn't really know if God was out there, had abandoned them, or not. Now that is mystery is gone. What made the show great is you could relate to the boys, more than just a show about family. When season 4 began, they didn't even believe in angels until Castiel came. Even meeting angels, they still weren't sure if God was real. Kinda made the show more grounded and realistic.

After Swan Song, it has been like a year by year story, not a 5 year plan like it was originally. So to me, because there hasn't been another 5 year plan, it's made this kinda tough to watch at times due to continuity errors among other things.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes View Post
    No that's not totally true. Yes in an interview it was said Chuck was God, but it never happened in the show. Chuck was left to be interpreted by the audience as either God or a prophet. That's it. The show didn't come out and say in an episode, "I'm God."

There was only a 5 year plan to this show, and having God as an actual character was never it. I much prefer it to be vague or mysterious. Keeping God mysterious and not a character meant that the boys didn't really know if God was out there, had abandoned them, or not. Now that is mystery is gone. What made the show great is you could relate to the boys, more than just a show about family. When season 4 began, they didn't even believe in angels until Castiel came. Even meeting angels, they still weren't sure if God was real. Kinda made the show more grounded and realistic.

After Swan Song, it has been like a year by year story, not a 5 year plan like it was originally. So to me, because there hasn't been another 5 year plan, it's made this kinda tough to watch at times due to continuity errors among other things.
    Yeah. some of these points are my problems with the show as well. I think the whole "year by year" plan instead of the "5 year plan" really started to rear its ugly head by season 7, which was pure filler. Besides Bobby finally (and sadly, as he was my favorite character up to that point) dying and Charlie's intro, you can literally skip the whole season and not miss a beat.

Things picked back up to the normal and high bar set for the Supernatural series by season 8, when they had what I thought the clear goal was: slamming the gates of hell to stop all demonic evil for good, with Cass slamming Heaven shut for good measure and to fix Angel Kind. THAT'S when Supernatural should have ended, while it was on it's next highest bar it could reach after season 5. Because really it's gone downhill since, with things only NOW getting interesting again now that God is an actual character. That's still almost 3 seasons of long, hard trudging, because deep down you know the show should have ended, but the network wants money, so they keep on forcing the cow milking.

I'm trying VERY hard not to lose interest in the show. I don't want to get bored for it, but with out an end in sight, it's equally REALLY hard not to get frustrated with both writers and characters/plots, as you know that plot wise the Boys should have learned from all past mistakes about lying/mistrust or underestimating enemies by now. It's getting near laughable (and not in a good way) that Sam and Dean keep repeating similar/same mistakes every season that forces an almost redundant storyline to flow for an entire season (season 9 Abadon/The Mark, for example). Sooner or later even the most devote begin to lose attention spans for the show, and I fear mine is beginning to wade. I'm hoping God re-sparks some interest, but the following episodes will tell. If they don't start to paint a clear picture for an ending come season 12's end, then I'm going to seriously question my devotion to the show.

I get that the CW is, at the end of the day, a business like any other. They want to make money. But in the end of the day, they really should start questioning the risk of more profit vs. the cow's milk finally turning sour. If the ratings dip too low from a disappointing season's finally, for example, the show could outright get cancelled some point mid season 12, and we won't even get a proper ending anyways, if one at all. My point is the more the CW drags this show out, the greater risk of suddenly cutting the show off at mid story grows.

Forum Regular
    I get that the CW is, at the end of the day, a business like any other. They want to make money. But in the end of the day, they really should start questioning the risk of more profit vs. the cow's milk finally turning sour. If the ratings dip too low from a disappointing season's finally, for example, the show could outright get cancelled some point mid season 12, and we won't even get a proper ending anyways, if one at all. My point is the more the CW drags this show out, the greater risk of suddenly cutting the show off at mid story grows.
    agreed. hey, we'll keep our fingers crossed. hopefully, this will turn out ok

Quote Originally Posted by sino8r View Post
    I know this is off-topic a bit but is Jeffrey Dean Morgan even available? If any of you are walking dead fans then you know why I ask... Really loved his appearance there and hopes his character sticks around for a while! Anyways, I hope John and Mary appear at the end at least. Maybe they were being hidden away by ChuckGod in some protective custody unknown dimension similar to last episode? Very possible since God really likes the boys and always has their backs in the end. Makes sense to keep them protected from all forms of creation. Also, those who were thinking God has a vessel (and I was one who was hoping it would be John as well) we have to ask why God would need one anyways lol! Sure it would have been nice to see John again as God for a bit but having Chuck around for a few episodes will be fun as well. Probably has more time available anyways. No offense to any of the actors or anything. Y'all were talking about Morgan right and not Cohen? Freaky how he looks so similar to Bill Sarsgaard from Hemlock Grove. Just noticed that the other day... Anyways, Cohen is good (don't get me wrong) but we haven't seen Morgan in a looong time. Would be nice to see him again on Supernatural. Last time I saw him before Walking Dead was some movie about a dibbuk box. Decent movie. Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens! Still very excited for the next show...
    Could be for the hell of it.

Or because like angels, his true form burns out eyes I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12