Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,096

    11.20 Don't Call Me Shurley

    Well, this appears to be the episode where Rob Benedict returns.

    Will Chuck be revealed to be God? A Prophet? Something else? This episode may finally give us answers.

  2. #2
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Well, this appears to be the episode where Rob Benedict returns.

    Will Chuck be revealed to be God? A Prophet? Something else? This episode may finally give us answers.
    Chuck was already a prophet in his intro episode. "Something else" seems likely here, he may not be god (I'm hoping he's not anyways as that's too predictable/boring) but maybe he can be an offshoot species of some kind.

  3. #3
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,096
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Chuck was already a prophet in his intro episode.
    Yeah, I should have said "just a prophet", as in not-something-more.

  4. #4
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    103
    If anyone hasn't seen the movie "Airplane," please do so. lol. Couldn't believe it when I saw this title. I immediately said "Surely, you jest."

    Anyways, I think chuck will be just the prophet nothing more.

  5. #5
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,096
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes View Post
    Couldn't believe it when I saw this title. I immediately said "Surely, you jest."
    I've seen "Airplane!" and yep, as soon as I saw this title immediately thought of the late Leslie Nielson and that line.

    Anyways, I think chuck will be just the prophet nothing more.
    I think that Chuck will be revealed to be God (or God's 'meatsuit'/avatar/host, as some fans are now theorizing).



    Hmm, Metatron returns, eh?
    Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 04-28-2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: adding in the promo

  6. #6
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Hmm, Metatron returns, eh?
    I'm utterly AMAZED (seriously, no joke) that he's STILL not dead. Supernatural characters outside the core four don't tend to have that long of a lifespan.

  7. #7
    Season TWELVE!!! SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,398
    I actually like Metatron.....although I agree that based on the "core four" his days are numbered.

  8. #8
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    in the land of denial
    Posts
    9,096
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    I'm utterly AMAZED (seriously, no joke) that he's STILL not dead.
    I am also a bit surprised that he's still around. Makes me wonder if TPTB don't have some sort of bigger plan for him?

  9. #9
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    103
    Not a fan of Metatron at all but that's bc I'm spoiled. I actually get annoyed when he's on screen and get a headache lol. They gave us so many amazing performances from Pellegrino, Kurt Fuller (Zachariah) and so many others that its hard to compare. He does a very good job, don't get me wrong. It's just that the bar is set very high.

  10. #10
    Forum Regular sino8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    143

    Don't read unless you've seen the episode!

    Well... I owe you guys an apology! Chuck IS God! I wonder if they always had Chuck in mind as him or if it's just a popular fan choice that the writers went with? I remember all the mentions and hints in various interviews and comic cons but always thought it was just a joke the actor/show went with because of all the fan theories. Either way, the episode was really great! Metatron convincing God to "man up" was done perfectly! Their back and forth was really fluid and fit perfectly. Also, the ending of the episode was excellent! All this time, I wasn't exactly a fan of the Chuck being God theory but this episode really convinced me that he is a good fit for the almighty lol! The looks on Sam and Dean at the very end was fantastic! Haven't seen them that happy/bewildered in a long time! I just hope he doesn't die battling his sister the next episode! The possibilities are endless on what they could do with this next episode. I'd even be okay if Lucifer was forgiven Might as well since Metatron was. Maybe he should be made human? I don't know what to think?! All of this is very exciting to me! Can't wait until next week!
    Last edited by sino8r; 05-04-2016 at 09:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 11
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by sino8r View Post
    Well... I owe you guys an apology! Chuck IS God! I wonder if they always had Chuck in mind as him or if it's just a popular fan choice that the writers went with? I remember all the mentions and hints in various interviews and comic cons but always thought it was just a joke the actor/show went with because of all the fan theories. Either way, the episode was really great! Metatron convincing God to "man up" was done perfectly! Their back and forth was really fluid and fit perfectly. Also, the ending of the episode was excellent! All this time, I wasn't exactly a fan of the Chuck being God theory but this episode really convinced me that he is a good fit for the almighty lol! The looks on Sam and Dean at the very end was fantastic! Haven't seen them that happy/bewildered in a long time! I just hope he doesn't die battling his sister the next episode! The possibilities are endless on what they could do with this next episode. I'd even be okay if Lucifer was forgiven Might as well since Metatron was. Maybe he should be made human? I don't know what to think?! All of this is very exciting to me! Can't wait until next week!
    Yea, I know it was said in an interview before that chuck was god, but until I saw it, I was hoping that they wouldn't do it. I don't like having god as a character as I much preferred to have it more mysterious and unseen, etc.

    I didn't like this episode just based on that problem. I did like having the amulet light up, and that it actually was real and meant something, that was nice. A little continuity goes a long way for us.

    If somehow they can wrap this series up in bow that includes Mary and John being mentioned, or showing us that they are okay, then I'm good with that. So I guess I'll just wait and see

  12. #12
    Season TWELVE!!! SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,398
    Chuck was always intended to be God based on Swan Song, which was years ago. What I loved about this episode was Metatron. I know the discussion was had that he was a non-character at this point, but oh no, he was awesome. Chuck was awesome. The song was haunting....and Rob blasted that one out of the park. When I realized he was going to sing, I thought cheesy (even though I know he's a good musician), but it was perfect. I loved loved loved the jabs at Supernatural and Revolution (OMG I laughed out loud) and we're still trashing Bugs (rightly so, but now it's getting hilarious).

    Best explanation ever...."I just turned it off."

    Can't wait for next week.

  13. #13
    Forum Whiz Kaleltheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Posts
    925
    I can't say this was a bad episode, cus it wasn't, but I didn't like it.
    I'm also still not a fan of Chuck being God.

  14. #14
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleltheking View Post
    I can't say this was a bad episode, cus it wasn't, but I didn't like it.
    I'm also still not a fan of Chuck being God.
    Yeah, seems a bit anti climactic.

    Also, cuts down ANY chance of seeing John in the future, as well as the fan theory/idea of John and the boys being possessed by God, Lucifer, and Michael to take down Amara.

  15. #15
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    533
    I am rewatching the episode and then I am going to create and updated theory thread. I think we all knew Chuck was God. Even if we wanted to not know haha. But it was kind of a lopsided episode IMO upon first viewing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •