Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ruby Slippers" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    People are all ticked now on FB about the show having gay characters. Im just more concerned with it being Ruby instead of Mulan. Would have been more naturally done that way. If anything it would annoy me more knowing they were doing it because of a hashtag guilt trip.
    If people on FB are ticked off about gay characters then you have the wrong kinds of friends. It is 2016, and gay people and gay characters exist.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      If people on FB are ticked off about gay characters then you have the wrong kinds of friends. It is 2016, and gay people and gay characters exist.
      I ment more of the ones on the Once Upon A Time FB page. Personally ive watched enough TV over the past 35 years to have seen plenty of gay people on tv. Didnt bother me with Roseanne doing it and doesnt bother me with once Upon A Time doing it. Im just really confused with why it was Ruby. They built Mulan from the start as gay while Ruby was always straight. Maybe the writers werent paying attention to character developement. lol

Comment

^ It's actually far bolder of the OUaT writers to NOT make Mulan part of the show's first LGBT relationship BECAUSE they'd previously established her sexuality. By once again playing with expectations, they've increased the show's LGBT visibility considerably and still left themselves options when it comes to adding to the show's mythology and romantic tapestry by keeping Mulan 'partner-free' for the time being and allowing themselves the freedom to decide who they feel is the best 'fit' for her and introduce or re-introduce said character in the future (even if they have to recast the role due to Jaime Chung's busy schedule, which isn't out of the question).

Fans really are hypocrites, though; they've been clamoring for an LGBT relationship on the show, but the second it's not the relationship they wanted (AGAIN), they get all butthurt and start complaining about things being "too rushed" (which is a BS argument because what they did with Ruby and Dorothy is EXACTLY the same thing they did with Cinderella and Thomas, Alice and Cyrus, Emma and Neal, and Ariel and Eric, just with two women rather than a woman and a man).

Comment

I dont think its too rushed cause like you said everyone elses relationships were rushed too. Its more that Ruby started out being known as straight and Mulan as gay and then all of a sudden Ruby was gay out of no where. It would be like if Mulan was gay the entire time and all of a sudden shes straight and marries some random guy she just met. Dorothy they niether hinted at her being one way or another so her being gay or straight doesnt matter much. TV shows are usually planned to get from point A to point B and set up to be something important so the Mulan set up seems like it would have led to being with Dorothy since it wouldnt have worked with Aurora. Unless they are still going to do the Aurora thing but then it turns into some weird soap opera show. Personally i think they spend to much time with relationships to begin with. Everyones dating someone and everyones related to someone else and Rumples probably the father of everyone on the show. lol Id just be happy if someone was single and happy about it. lol

Comment

Red falling in love with Dorothy is no different than Willow falling in love with Tara on Buffy theVampire Slayer.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎