0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Leave it in the past
    0%

It was okay, but nothing spectacular. The relationship between Rip and Jonah Hex was amusing, and I hope the rumor of Jonah being on the team in Season 2 comes true. We also find out where Rip got his duster. Finally, they've revealed in this episode that Rip named his son after Jonah, and not after Oliver as some had surmised.

Mick is fitting into the team enough that he and Sara are having a drinking contest. Sara not only wins, but is doing her deadly dance in the barfight while Mick is passed out drooling.

Oh, that's a shocker: one of Kendra's previous incarnations is hiding out in Salvation and proclaims doom on any relationship not with soulmate Kufu.

Honestly, the main plot of the episode, the Stillwater gang story, just wasn't interesting so the only good stuff was with Sara, Mick, and Snart. Next season, keep those three but replace the rest.

This episode didn't have enough to get a full review from me. Boring storyline, minimal character development, and a generally lackluster episode. I'll give it a six, and that's me being nice. Hope next week's episode is better.

Comment

I'm still watching it, but Ray's over eager bumbling is starting to bug me, while Rory is reminding me of Harrison ford, of all people. I'm starting to like him again. Stop screwing with me,show! I did find it a bit strange that rip gave everyone guns, considering most of them never used them before, or didn't need them. Finding out about stein's past was a bit interesting.
      Last edited by protege; 04-14-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

It was an okay episode. Average -- I wouldn't call it spectacular.

I do like the whole Western genre and seeing Jonah Hex live in the flesh is a bonus for me. Yeah, I'd be fine if he joined the S2 roster, or even as a recurring guest through LoT's run.

I know they're trying to develop the Ray/Kendra relationship, it's just that I'm not that interested in it. If they're trying to sell the ship to us, I'm still not buying it at this point.

I find it funny that Rip always warns them not to disrupt the timeline they enter -- but of course that's exactly what happens. Some of their meddling will have no effect, but some no doubt will have a great impact. I do hope we get to see more subplots where their temporal tweaking stirs up some problems.

Characters that I think should stay on board in S2: Rip, Sara, Snart. I would say the show needs these three at minimum to keep me interested. Mick could stay too, but I would also be open to him making an exit, set out on his own, go into exile, etc. The others I'm not as invested in at this point and new members could take their place.

I would have given the ep. a 6, but Jonah Hex and the Western setting gets +1 from me, so it's 7/10.

Comment

That was plenty of fun. And with the romantic angst toned down (although clearly still there), it made for a much easier episode to sit through.

Jonah Hex was great and the production team did a fantastic job of creating a 19th century Old West atmosphere. The cast looked like they really enjoyed themselves in this episode as well.

It was one of those few occasions where I found Rip interesting in an episode. Not that I don't like him, but he's usually just there to throw around time travel jargon. It was nice to find out more about some of his past adventures, as well as the source for his son's name.

I agree with someone else that Ray is beginning to become annoying with the way he's geeking out over stuff. Stein also bugged me a bit. At least both of them ended up making heroic choices, so that was a plus.

As for the rest of the team, Snart and Rory were their usual cool selves, while Sara and Jax were just there. Pity that Hawkgirl's presence on the show is devoted almost entirely to this relationship with Ray.

P.S. A number of Smallville alumni (if we can call them that) last night. The actors who played Jed McNally (in Subterranean), Gina (Lex's assistant in season 7) and Doctor Fate were in this episode.

Comment

I actually recognized some of the old west buildings from Lois and Clark: The adventures of superman. There was a ep where Clark and Lois went back in time to stop Tempus from messing around in the old west, and they met the ancestors of Clark's parents.

And it just so happened that the yellow building, where the LOT crew went to have drinks? That was a bar owned by Martha Kent's ancestor in L&C: Adventures of Superman.

So it seems that we're seeing a lot of actors and sets used by previous Superhero shows.

I have to say Hex was probably the best part of this show... the rest of it was pretty meh.

If anything Kendra's angst with her destiny thing fully cements why I've always hated the thought of destiny.... because people literally have no say in who they have to be with, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              P.S. A number of Smallville alumni (if we can call them that) last night. The actors who played Jed McNally (in Subterranean), Gina (Lex's assistant in season 7) and Doctor Fate were in this episode.
              Cool! I always liked Lex's assistants. They were doomed from the the start working for him, but I wished they lived longer. They had the same doomed curse that Thea's suitors seem to have. Roy dodged it, but he has to remain in permanent exile.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                Cool! I always liked Lex's assistants. They were doomed from the the start working for him, but I wished they lived longer. They had the same doomed curse that Thea's suitors seem to have. Roy dodged it, but he has to remain in permanent exile.
                Yeah, those poor assistants usually wound up as fodder for his experiments or fell victim to that top notch Luthor mansion security. There was another curse. Lana's boyfriends' fathers. Probably even more lethal than Lex's assistants.

Comment

I agree that it was an okay episode, but nothing spectacular. Another part of Rip's backstory being revealed was a nice one for me, as he is my favorite character in "Legends". Don't know anything about Jonah Hex apart that he is another time traveler, but the history he shared/shares with Rip was interesting. Looking forward to see more of him in season 2. I liked also Mick, Leonard and Sara scenes/interactions. Ray/Kendra subplot unfortunately is kind of meh. They both lose on the character development (Ray especially) being tangled into some boring typical CW drama pairing stuff.

"Magnificent Seven" is actually one of my all-time-favorite shows (a short lived one from 2000s, based on the film) so I guess I expected something more. No idea if Snart wearing black hat and duster was a kind of reference to Christoper Larabee, but this way or another I made that assocation in my mind.

Ah, that subplot with H.G. Wells was a nice one.

So yes, definietely not one of the strongest episodes of "Legends", but still quite enjoyable. I missed only seeing some tumbleweeds since we were on Wild West.

Comment

I thought it was a fun romp. Not sure why they called Ray, John Wayne when he is clearly more of a Gary Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎