Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they pulling a "Michael Vaughn"? Why [SPOILER] might not be dead

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ratings drop drastically enough, and they believe it is because of fan reaction to Laurel's death (as was the case with Vaughn in Alias) they will more likely than not find a way to bring her back, regardless of how well it fits with the story.
    I'm not sure that in the case of Vartan/Vaughn that he was brought back merely because of fan reaction. I'm pretty sure they knew fan reaction was going to be like that but because of behind the scenes stuff they had to either let Vaughn "die" to get him off the show or lose their lead actress. Once everybody in real life calmed the hell down, then they could bring Vartan back like I think they always planed to do.

Comment

I'd prefer to see what 'siren' aka black Canary from e2 is like in flash. Will she be more like the comic version and not just looks and outfit? Will she replace Laurel in the long run and be the real BC that should be with GA?

I've hated how Olicity has been propped over Laurel/BC. Guggenheim going to be at SDCC? I'm curious if the 'minor' fan base aka comic fans will get to express their issues with him in person.
      Last edited by Sure-Oz; 04-19-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Laurel and Oliver weren't together because the characters had a terrible backstory and the actors a distinct lack of chemistry. Olicity happened because Lauliver bombed all on it's own. You may not like Olicity but the one had zero to do with the other.

I'm sure they will all be there at the SD Comicon, just like always and I think the minor fan base he was referring to was not comic fans that watched the show but comic fans that watched that show that can't accept it's not the comics. There are plenty of comic origin fans that enjoy Arrow for what it is. Technically I am one of them since I came into Arrow with lots of traditional expectations but I dropped them with they weren't going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
          Laurel and Oliver weren't together because the characters had a terrible backstory and the actors a distinct lack of chemistry. Olicity happened because Lauliver bombed all on it's own. You may not like Olicity but the one had zero to do with the other.
          I'm sorry, but no. There was a choice to make it not work. For whatever reason, I don't know. But a fictional relationship can't bomb on it's own. It either works or it doesn't based on what the writers either want or who they pander to. Same with the backstory. Chemistry is subjective, based off of people's feelings and likes. It's not something that's had, but something that's perceived by people.

I'm sure they will all be there at the SD Comicon, just like always and I think the minor fan base he was referring to was not comic fans that watched the show but comic fans that watched that show that can't accept it's not the comics. There are plenty of comic origin fans that enjoy Arrow for what it is. Technically I am one of them since I came into Arrow with lots of traditional expectations but I dropped them with they weren't going to work.
          Accepting it's not the comics isn't the same as what the show does and that's have no real connection to the comics, making it pointless as an adaption. If an adaption doesn't respect it's source material, then it has no reason to be adapting it. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            I'm sorry, but no. There was a choice to make it not work. For whatever reason, I don't know. But a fictional relationship can't bomb on it's own. It either works or it doesn't based on what the writers either want or who they pander to. Same with the backstory. Chemistry is subjective, based off of people's feelings and likes. It's not something that's had, but something that's perceived by people.

Accepting it's not the comics isn't the same as what the show does and that's have no real connection to the comics, making it pointless as an adaption. If an adaption doesn't respect it's source material, then it has no reason to be adapting it. Have a very great day!

Agreed

Comment

Somethin to ponder....if she faked her death, then why is Oliver being pushed to kill again?

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear

I agree.

Also I think Laurel and Oliver didn't have great "chemistry" when Laurel was in the dark about Oliver's secret identity.

Once Laurel found out at the end of Season 2 they had a lot of chemistry. I think that was a creative decision for some reason. The writers then decided to drop that storyline between Seasons 2 and 3.

Somehow during the break he went from being in love with Laurel still to all of a sudden in love with Felicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                  I agree.

Also I think Laurel and Oliver didn't have great "chemistry" when Laurel was in the dark about Oliver's secret identity.

Once Laurel found out at the end of Season 2 they had a lot of chemistry. I think that was a creative decision for some reason. The writers then decided to drop that storyline between Seasons 2 and 3.

Somehow during the break he went from being in love with Laurel still to all of a sudden in love with Felicity.
                  Yes, they lacked the transition when it came to that relationship/pairing. I see where Felicity/Oliver comes from, because it's not like I didn't heard about a pairing based on Quirky Smart Funny Innocent and A Bit Naive Girl/A Bad Boy with Issues who Will Change Because of The Power of Love, but it's completely unbelieveable for me in the show due how it's portrayed and executed. I especially despised the fact that while Oliver was totally cool about the fact that his former girlfriend dates now his best friend suddenly he is madly envious about Felicity having business dinner with Ray and flips the table in Arrowcave because of that.

Seriously, he should really reconisder going on that little therapy Doctor Pressnall suggested because IMO her diagnosis about Carrie Cutter's obsession suited to Oliver's behaviour as well.

Comment

#nolaurelnoarrow all over Twitter...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎