0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.38%
  • 1 - They killed the wrong blonde

27 64.29%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    Their handling of it was just completely indelicate. I still don't understand how they could call her a beloved character when from the sounds of it, they mishandled her character to the point she wasn't really the character she should have been.
    Laurel - and the O/L 'ship' - was never handled correctly from the very get-go.

And its scary how easy it is to be overly gracious about a character/person when they're killed off your show. Don't kid yourself, she wasn't ever "beloved" (except to maybe a very select few). She is now, to a certain part of the fan-base, but never before now.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedJenn View Post
    I JUST tweeted this to someone, that's exactly what it smacks of!!
    Its been a long time since I watched Smallville.... what exactly is the reference here, if yourself or Vergon6 don't mind my asking?

I been a Laurel fan since day 1 and while there were small stretches where I hated her character, she still ended up as my favorite character on the show. It's really sad to see her die on the show, but what is done is done.

And yeah, Laurel is pretty much hated on almost everywhere. This site is probably the one place where the Laurel fan support is pretty good.

New In Town
    **** arrow this is ********

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SVfan26 View Post
    Its been a long time since I watched Smallville.... what exactly is the reference here, if yourself or Vergon6 don't mind my asking?
    The whole Davis/Chloe/Jimmy ordeal when it appeared that Davis and Jimmy would both be fine after Doomsday was ripped out of Davis, only to have Davis kill Jimmy with the metal pole for no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SVfan26 View Post
    Aaron Ashmore played, who we thought, was the real Jimmy Olsen, but in the season 8 finale when he was killed, they called him "Henry James Olsen" at his funeral, thus telling us that he wasn't THE Jimmy Olsen. They did it to "kill him off" without REALLY killing him off so they could bring in the real Jimmy Olsen later in the series finale. I have a feeling they're doing that here with Laurel...so insane.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    It just smacks of Henry James Olsen to me
    Ya, I can see that. But the next season was fantastic, arguably the best of the series. Heres hoping this death has the same effect on the quality of Arrow in season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    The whole Davis/Chloe/Jimmy ordeal when it appeared that Davis and Jimmy would both be fine after Doomsday was ripped out of Davis, only to have Davis kill Jimmy with the metal pole for no real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedJenn View Post
    Aaron Ashmore played, who we thought, was the real Jimmy Olsen, but in the season 8 finale when he was killed, they called him "Henry James Olsen" at his funeral, thus telling us that he wasn't THE Jimmy Olsen. They did it to "kill him off" without REALLY killing him off so they could bring in the real Jimmy Olsen later in the series finale. I have a feeling they're doing that here with Laurel...so insane.
    Thanks for the answers. Thought that's what was meant, but wanted to make sure.

Well, if [SPOILER]the E2 BC from Flash is kept on E1[/SPOILER], that could be very well what we see happen here.

Settling In
    This may be a little far fetched, but is anything in this time line really safe? Didn't they say on Legends of Tomorrow when their mission was complete they'd return everyone from when they left so Sara would be back to possibly stop Laurel from getting killed?

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by smllvllfn View Post
    This may be a little far fetched, but is anything in this time line really safe? Didn't they say on Legends of Tomorrow when their mission was complete they'd return everyone from when they left so Sara would be back to possibly stop Laurel from getting killed?
    Sara would most likely be taken back to where they picked her up from. And even if they didn't even Gugg and Co. wouldn't be so stupid to null half a season, even though it would be nice if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I thought it was one of the better episodes in the last couple of years. That said I do think they poured unnecessary salt in the Laurel fans wounds. Killing her with Oliver's arrow, was that really necessary. Pushing Oliver back at Felicity while at the same time declaring her undying love for him, bad form writers, bad form. Still, it was a very entertaining hour of television, something it hasn't been in awhile.
    Killing her with Oliver's Arrow, I had no problem with. It just made me detest Dhark even more if that's possible. It seemed like something he would do. (side note, how do they kill Dhark now that he has the idol again? Are they going to have a figure out a way to break the idol??)
    I thought the final Laurel/Oliver scene was excellent overall and I liked her giving her blessing (felt like something someone would do if they were dying). But having Laurel say that Oliver was the love of her life??? Ugh. Tommy was the love of her life.

I thought it was an excellent episode, I hated the commercial breaks. Flashbacks weren't as bad as normal (but still rather boring but at least we know that we get Bratva Oliver next season). Thea/Malcolm was awesome. Diggle/Andy was awesome and I liked how the writers kept teasing what side he was really on (I was with Oliver on that issue). Can't wait to see the fallout of this as David Ramsey killed it (is he going to have to kill Andy before the season ends????). I did miss Felicity but as there were so many action scenes she wouldn't have been in those anyway. My heart breaks for Quentin....poor guy has suffered so much. Oliver was almost a supporting player in many ways although he did awesome in the fight scenes.

As for Laurel...I've never really liked her character but I was still bawling at her death and found Dhark killing her hard to watch. I knew she was the one dying but when it happened...I didn't want it to be true. I've actually really liked Laurel the past few episodes which made it frustrating that she would die just as I felt the writers would doing well with her character. RIP Laurel Lance.

Can't wait for the rest of the season.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretVampire View Post
    I been a Laurel fan since day 1 and while there were small stretches where I hated her character, she still ended up as my favorite character on the show. It's really sad to see her die on the show, but what is done is done.

And yeah, Laurel is pretty much hated on almost everywhere. This site is probably the one place where the Laurel fan support is pretty good.
    Laurel was one of my favorite characters on the show. Now all I'm left with is Thea as a favorite character.

I lost another of my favorite characters in Season 3 when they killed off Floyd Lawton.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    I had tears come to my eyes at the end of the ep. Im glad i stayed away from spoilers today but wow. Id like to think the death is fake but considering Quentin's reaction, i think itll stick. Great ep. I yelled at my tv when Andrew proved he was leading them on. Couldnt find my voice when that character was stabbed and completely felt like I couldn't breath during the death. R.I.P.

Posting Pro
    I’ve strived to provide a professional attitude when reviewing these episodes. I can no longer do this, at least for Arrow.

There has been much debate as to what the promo for “Eleven Fifty-Nine” meant when it said “witness the end of an era”. For some, they will see it as the end of the era where Dinah Laurel Lance was a prominent figure in the show (and for those who disliked her character, whether due to the poor writing or because they are fans of the Olicity pairing and saw her as a continual threat to their beloved OTP). However, if this ends any kind of era, it is the era where “Arrow” could be considered a comic book adaptation. From this point forward, it is a normal action-adventure show in my book, on those occasions it doesn’t become a romantic comedy and/or tragedy.

As for the episode itself:

Oliver’s suspicions are raised with regards to Andy Diggle when information he provides leads them to a conveniently-timed heist which leaves only Thea and Laurel to guard the idol in the Arrow Cave, which Oliver finally revealed to the team he’s seen before on Lian Yu. He eventually finds Andy trying to find the missing shard that Oliver asked Dig to hide away, and tries to interrogate him. Dig arrives on the scene and momentarily turns against Oliver, which he later regrets when its revealed who Andy is truly fighting for.

Thea and Malcolm’s relationship has finally broken, and I doubt Thea will ever see him as anything but the man who helped break out the monster who murdered her best friend (which is what she and Laurel really ended up being by the end). Malcolm will try, sure, but I think his bridges into Team Arrow have been thoroughly burned, and next season we will see him fully become the Dark Archer.

Laurel shone in this episode, and that would have been enjoyable if they had done so for her in any other goddamned episode! From exchanging quips with Ollie to choosing being the Black Canary over taking the District Attorney job, Laurel was finally given the chance to show her growth. That it came in an episode like this just made it all the more bitter. The conversation between she and Oliver, where she confessed to him that he would always be the love of her life even if she wasn’t his, and revealed she had carried the old picture he had held on the island with her during missions, was like a blow to the gut. That she was killed with Oliver’s arrow was another blow to the gut.

As for what she whispered to Oliver: unless she asked him to use some ninja trick of his to fake her death (and that’s a desperate hope and unlikely to happen), I honestly doubt Guggenheim and Mericle will be able to deliver on it. They’ve made it clear who they wish to make the show for, and its not the normal fans. I’m sure that it will be some big Olicity thing in the end.

However, despite everything, Marc Guggenheim couldn’t resist some shameless shilling for Felicity Smoak by having Laurel tell Oliver she is glad he found Felicity and hopes he finds his way back to her. They couldn’t go one goddamned episode without doing something like this; that it happened on HER F****** DEATHBED MAKES IT EVEN WORSE! Why!? Why couldn’t they just let it be about Oliver and Laurel in that scene, nothing else? Are they that desperate to get people to accept the goddamned Olicity romance that they’re forcing it on us like that!? Then we get all of 10 seconds to show Lance arriving and his reaction to Oliver’s expression; the writers/showrunners didn’t even have the decency to let Lance say goodbye to his daughter!?

The only good thing about this episode was the scenes for Oliver and Laurel being so similar to their comic counterparts.

Five points docked for killing off the Black Canary. Three points for the main character using an archaic weapon since I now consider this a normal action-adventure show and not a comic adaptation. Six points docked for shameless shilling of the Felicity character on her romantic rival’s DEATHBED. Two point upward adjustment for the scenes of Oliver and Laurel being similar to their counterparts in the comics.

Since most sites use a scale of 1-10, this is a one on those sites. But the actual score is -2/+10.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    I’ve strived to provide a professional attitude when reviewing these episodes. I can no longer do this, at least for Arrow.

There has been much debate as to what the promo for “Eleven Fifty-Nine” meant when it said “witness the end of an era”. For some, they will see it as the end of the era where Dinah Laurel Lance was a prominent figure in the show (and for those who disliked her character, whether due to the poor writing or because they are fans of the Olicity pairing and saw her as a continual threat to their beloved OTP). However, if this ends any kind of era, it is the era where “Arrow” could be considered a comic book adaptation. From this point forward, it is a normal action-adventure show in my book, on those occasions it doesn’t become a romantic comedy and/or tragedy.

As for the episode itself:

Oliver’s suspicions are raised with regards to Andy Diggle when information he provides leads them to a conveniently-timed heist which leaves only Thea and Laurel to guard the idol in the Arrow Cave, which Oliver finally revealed to the team he’s seen before on Lian Yu. He eventually finds Andy trying to find the missing shard that Oliver asked Dig to hide away, and tries to interrogate him. Dig arrives on the scene and momentarily turns against Oliver, which he later regrets when its revealed who Andy is truly fighting for.

Thea and Malcolm’s relationship has finally broken, and I doubt Thea will ever see him as anything but the man who helped break out the monster who murdered her best friend (which is what she and Laurel really ended up being by the end). Malcolm will try, sure, but I think his bridges into Team Arrow have been thoroughly burned, and next season we will see him fully become the Dark Archer.

Laurel shone in this episode, and that would have been enjoyable if they had done so for her in any other goddamned episode! From exchanging quips with Ollie to choosing being the Black Canary over taking the District Attorney job, Laurel was finally given the chance to show her growth. That it came in an episode like this just made it all the more bitter. The conversation between she and Oliver, where she confessed to him that he would always be the love of her life even if she wasn’t his, and revealed she had carried the old picture he had held on the island with her during missions, was like a blow to the gut. That she was killed with Oliver’s arrow was another blow to the gut.

As for what she whispered to Oliver: unless she asked him to use some ninja trick of his to fake her death (and that’s a desperate hope and unlikely to happen), I honestly doubt Guggenheim and Mericle will be able to deliver on it. They’ve made it clear who they wish to make the show for, and its not the normal fans. I’m sure that it will be some big Olicity thing in the end.

However, despite everything, Marc Guggenheim couldn’t resist some shameless shilling for Felicity Smoak by having Laurel tell Oliver she is glad he found Felicity and hopes he finds his way back to her. They couldn’t go one goddamned episode without doing something like this; that it happened on HER F****** DEATHBED MAKES IT EVEN WORSE! Why!? Why couldn’t they just let it be about Oliver and Laurel in that scene, nothing else? Are they that desperate to get people to accept the goddamned Olicity romance that they’re forcing it on us like that!? Then we get all of 10 seconds to show Lance arriving and his reaction to Oliver’s expression; the writers/showrunners didn’t even have the decency to let Lance say goodbye to his daughter!?

The only good thing about this episode was the scenes for Oliver and Laurel being so similar to their comic counterparts.

Five points docked for killing off the Black Canary. Three points for the main character using an archaic weapon since I now consider this a normal action-adventure show and not a comic adaptation. Six points docked for shameless shilling of the Felicity character on her romantic rival’s DEATHBED. Two point upward adjustment for the scenes of Oliver and Laurel being similar to their counterparts in the comics.

Since most sites use a scale of 1-10, this is a one on those sites. But the actual score is -2/+10.
    Since there is no "Like" function on these forums, here's a big 'Thumb's Up' to this whole post.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast