1 2.38%
  • 1 - They killed the wrong blonde

27 64.29%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Eleven-Fifty-Nine?"

So, someone died. What did you think?

Forum Regular
    **** you Arrow! I'm not even a fan of Laurel's but this has got to be one of the most disrespectful on-screen deaths I have ever witnessed. Even in her last moments on earth, she had to prop Olicity.
    Last edited by shadow08; 04-06-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Barely watched Arrow but I said I would give it another chance if the rumors of the death were exaggerated. Still think there is a chance that the death is fake but it sounds like they did the character a disservice the entire series. Did not like what I saw tonight or what I have before.

for now, I will stick with the flash, which despite its flaws I found more enjoyable to the point I binged watched it on Netlfix to help get caught up.

She's obviously still alive, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    She's obviously still alive, if you ask me.
    yeah.will she be relegated to offscreenville witness protection until it suits them if she really is alive? She should come back pretending to be from another Earth and call herself Dinah for once!

She's dead...

She’s definitely dead though, right? Because Laurel makes Oliver promise her something and then she suddenly codes.
    “It’s funny, that’s the joke I’ve been making quite frankly: Oliver Queen killed her,” Guggenheim says. “Certainly what did Laurel say to Oliver [is a mystery], but we didn’t intend for it to be like she asked Oliver to euthanize her.”

Okay, so he didn’t help Laurel fake her own death?
    “No,” Guggenheim says. “We’ve done a fake death before. That’s the thing, we’re always trying to figure out, ‘What’s a way to do this?’ That fake-out where she was okay and then she wasn’t was our attempt: How do we do a death that we haven’t done before? [It’s a] creative challenge, the deeper you get into your story. It’s the nature of having a long-running show that deals as a major component of it with death.”

Then what did Laurel tell Oliver?
    “You’ll know in season 5,” Mericle chimes in.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06...death-spoilers

#nolaurelnoarrow

They could (obviously) be fake outs, but I've seen a few things already about MG confirming it wasn't a fake-out and about interviews with the cast, and what KC said sure made it seem pretty real.

I want it to be a fake out, for reasons, but I am not as confident now as when I felt right after it happened on-screen.

Yeah, I haven't watched Arrow in a long time, but heard about this in my Twitter feed.

Wow...really??

I thought it was one of the better episodes in the last couple of years. That said I do think they poured unnecessary salt in the Laurel fans wounds. Killing her with Oliver's arrow, was that really necessary. Pushing Oliver back at Felicity while at the same time declaring her undying love for him, bad form writers, bad form. Still, it was a very entertaining hour of television, something it hasn't been in awhile.

New In Town
    Honestly its bulls**t! They killed fu#*ing Laurel because of all these stupid Olicity fangirls! As someone who used to want Oliver and Felicity to hook up, I saw their relationship quickly killing the show. Felicity left the team, thus, making her killable and not hurt the team as a whole too badly. However, Laurel was an integral part of the team, lawyer, and the only daughter Quentin had(Sara isnt around). They wrongfully killed Laurel when she was the best woman on the show! F*#k Guggenheim and F#*k all those stupid Olicity fangirls; the writers made a huge and terrible mistake and as a result will lose a large amount of the viewers!

Their handling of it was just completely indelicate. I still don't understand how they could call her a beloved character when from the sounds of it, they mishandled her character to the point she wasn't really the character she should have been.

Gave the ep 8/10 because Felicity had as much screen time as Laurel usually gets. Would have given it a 9/10 if they kept her out the whole episode, and a 10/10 if they didn't even mention her.

Also, if Laurel's death on the show was not faked (and it appeared to be with the whole, "promise me something"), then it would be one of the most disrespectful things a writer could do to the fans of a favorite character. Give the illusion that she is going to make it, only to kill her at the end. Again, it has been done before so it's nothing new or "Tip of the spear" but disrespectful nonetheless. What this generation of "humanity" tries to pass off as good storytelling and entertainment never ceases to amaze me, and sadly it's only getting worse. I can see TPTB now, "Oh wait, I know how we can trick them...we'll pretend she is going to live and then kill her off anyway (pats selves on back)...my we are so clever and original." Read a book Marc, you'll find that there's nothing new under the sun.

It just smacks of Henry James Olsen to me

Quote Originally Posted by Vergon6 View Post
    It just smacks of Henry James Olsen to me
    I JUST tweeted this to someone, that's exactly what it smacks of!!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast