Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Our Decay?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Our Decay?"

What did you think?

Based on the preview for this episode, I was sure I wasn't going to like it very much, but: I gave it a 9.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much empathy I felt for Zelena—at least regarding her child's welfare.

The flashbacks to Oz were good and it was nice to see Zelena acting more like the Wicked Witch of the West from the 1939 film. The show's take on The Scarecrow was different, for sure.

The Hades/Zelena scenes were decent. I had a hard time believing Hades fell for her after ONE bike ride, but whatever.

It was nice to see Mother Superior again.

Belle was a welcome addition, too, but I didn't like that Rumple didn't apologize for lying to her.

I was glad that Snow/Charming got their message to Neal, too.

As much as I liked it, I hope they start picking up the pace a bit and build to a strong finale.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

Overall, I enjoyed this episode.

Rumple's explanation for wanting to be the Dark One made sense. He always wanted power. He hated being a coward and that feeling of insecurity; knowing that you are at the mercy of others. Once he had the power, it gave him a sense of euphoria. He was at no one’s mercy and everyone else was at his. Once he lost it, being a hero didn’t make him feel secure and fill that empty hole inside him. Only the power of being the Dark One could do that. Yes, he loves Belle and wants to be a better man as he wanted to be one for Bae. But, he can’t deny that part of himself.

I understand Henry’s role better. He is hoping as the author, he will be able to write Hades current storyline. In the process of writing it, he and his family will learn what Hades is up to. Unfortunately, the pen is not interested in writing his story but at least it is for Snow and David. It was a nice touch to find out their haunting of their son worked.

I was worried about Zelena’s storyline but actually enjoyed it tonight. I’m not sure I trust Hades motives are just wanting true love's kiss. So, I will have to wait and see how it plays out.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎